Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:12:42 PM EDT
I am getting a 590SP soon and am looking to stock up on some buckshot. I'm just curious as to where is the cheapest place to get the stuff.

I want some cheap 00 for practice, either Wolf or Sellier&Bellot, or some other cheap practice/SHTF quality stuff . I know Sportsmans guide has 250 rd. cases of Wolf for $80. Any places sell Wolf or S&B cheaper than that?

I also want some decent quality 00 for defense. I've heard Wal-mart sells some. What is the price there? I would be interested also in buying it in bulk off the interweb. I've looked on Midway a little, but I've never bought from them. Any prices on Remington, Winchester, or Federal would be great, and links are appreciated. I also want to get soem No. 4 buck

Also, what is the cheapest  bird shot you have seen?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Check HERE they have deals each month. Hell Wal-mart has great deals on cheap birdshot.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]
buckshot seems to run around 2.19 a 5 pack for quality stuff.  (more or less)

Birdshot is easy
Estate (works great, dirty as all get out though) is about 3.25 a box
Federal gun club is also about 3.25 a box

Sometimes you can catch this stuff on sale for 2.99 a box
buy lots when it goes on sale, it doesn't go bad
once you get hooked on clays, you won't believe the amount of ammo  you can go through.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone for one of my posts said that Wolf blew.  S&B is ok, but I'd spend the extra money and get Winchester.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Walmart has Remington Express 00Buck in bulk packs (15 rounds) for $6.47 last time I bought some.  It patterns well.

Midway has a decent selection.  I really like the Winchester Buckshot.  It is buffered and patterns extremely well.  Midway is a great company to deal with; I buy from them before I buy from anybody else.

Another good source is OutdoorMarksman.  They seem to have stuff in stock that others don't offer.  They are very good to do business with.

I've never tried Wolf so I can't give you an opinion on it.  
I don't care for the S&B stuff; it doesn't pattern all that well.
Remington Express is good;
Winchester is better.

I generally use the Remington 00Buck for testing, and load the gun with #1Buck for actual defense work.  The #1Buck is a happy inbetween for 00 and #4Buck.  The pellets are a good size/weight, and the Winchester variety patterns really well.

Before you buy cases of ammo, consider buying just a few boxes for testing.  See what works better, then buy it by the case.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
How is shipping at "Outdoor Marksman"?  How much would shipping be on a case(250 rds) of wolf 00 buck be? I can't seem to find the rates listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Walmart has Remington Express 00Buck in bulk packs (15 rounds) for $6.47 last time I bought some.  It patterns well.

Midway has a decent selection.  I really like the Winchester Buckshot.  It is buffered and patterns extremely well.  Midway is a great company to deal with; I buy from them before I buy from anybody else.

Another good source is OutdoorMarksman.  They seem to have stuff in stock that others don't offer.  They are very good to do business with.

I've never tried Wolf so I can't give you an opinion on it.  
I don't care for the S&B stuff; it doesn't pattern all that well.
Remington Express is good;
Winchester is better.

I generally use the Remington 00Buck for testing, and load the gun with #1Buck for actual defense work.  The #1Buck is a happy inbetween for 00 and #4Buck.  The pellets are a good size/weight, and the Winchester variety patterns really well.

Before you buy cases of ammo, consider buying just a few boxes for testing.  See what works better, then buy it by the case.

They sell Remington now instead of the Winchester 15 round pack?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How is shipping at "Outdoor Marksman"?  How much would shipping be on a case(250 rds) of wolf 00 buck be? I can't seem to find the rates listed anywhere.

I created a username/password, so when I'm logged in all I have to do is hit the shopping cart, scroll to the bottom of the page, and I see the shipping cost.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

At the local Walmart they completely redid all their ammo.  They used to sell Winchester bulk pack slugs for $5.97.  Now they have Remington in bulk packs- 00Buck or slugs; $6.47 for either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At the local Walmart they completely redid all their ammo.  They used to sell Winchester bulk pack slugs for $5.97.  Now they have Remington in bulk packs- 00Buck or slugs; $6.47 for either.

10-4.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#10]
ammoman 12GA page.

LE132 OO buck, 9 pellet, low recoil, flitecontrol wad
$149.00 for 250 rounds, $.60 / round
5 sleeves of 10 boxes, 5 rds / box

Another good source is www.the-armory.com/.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have bought Sellier&Bellot at the Gun show for about $5.00 for a box of 10 rds.  Works great for me.
Whast are you planing on doing with this 00 buck? Just shot it or run it in a match?
For matches, we use birdshot, whitch take down the steel tagets we use.  00 Buck will work as well.
I like #4 Buck for around the house. Great porch swepper. 28 pellets.  I have loaded it myself.

Good luck!!!

PITA45

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like #4 Buck for around the house. Great porch swepper. 28 pellets.  I have loaded it myself.

PITA45

You reload buckshot?  Who's/what components do you use?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top