Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 54
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:43:52 AM EDT
I just noticed ( guess I’m behind the times lately) a few Turkish Benelli M4 clones on the market and was curious if anyone has compared them to see which one is the better of the offerings. What are the differences, if any?

Toros Copolla T4
Sulun Arms Tac 12
Canuck Operator
Komando P4
CD 601 DPS

Thanks
AKM

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1096369fred:
The stock shipped yesterday 8/18…. Should arrive tomorrow!
View Quote

I am 1 day ahead of you ... unless today is voodoo and it arrives tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Not likely much different, but "Wood is Good" and like the normal stock profile.

I just wish PSA had it in black - I will wait.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/black-aces-tactical-pro-s4-12-gauge-shotgun-semi-auto-18-5-walnut-fde-bats4fdewal.html
View Quote

I really like that one, brown and all.  If I didn't already have an SDS S4 and a real Italian it probably be all over it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By splogan:

I really like that one, brown and all.  If I didn't already have an SDS S4 and a real Italian it probably be all over it.
View Quote

Yeah, it looks a lot cooler than mine. Still a fun project.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
So did the stocks arrive?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've received mine along with a Benelli 3 position and 5 position tube.  Fyi the five position is still available. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/product-display.html?Product_Code=70135

Haven't had a chance to see if the new stock fits these tubes or not, been too busy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By twistid1:
I've received mine along with a Benelli 3 position and 5 position tube.  Fyi the five position is still available. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/product-display.html?Product_Code=70135

Haven't had a chance to see if the new stock fits these tubes or not, been too busy.
View Quote

Also received stock. Also no time yet.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:17:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#7]
Turknelli Torture Test: Are Benelli M4 Clones Any Good?

Looks like the TFB boys did not have a great time with the SDS Tac-12

There was obviously something very wrong with that specific gun
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#8]
Originally Posted By Hking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY4CWm8XwA

View Quote

My Panzer M4 was MUCH worse than that when I first got it.   I sent in in for warranty work.  Two months later they sent it back to me and it still had a bent shell stop spring.  I ended up buying a Benelli shell stop and spring, a Benelli extractor and spring, and also installed an AccuGuide Extended Carrier.  I haven’t had a single problem with it since then.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My Toros T4's action had a lot of drag on it when I got it.

I oiled the action and there was not a lot of change. I pulled the trigger and squirted some oil onto the piston in the recoil spring tube and worked the action. That made a huge difference. I put some more oil in there and continues to work the action and it really smoothed out but it still did not feel right. I looked at the bolt and the link was crooked. I pulled it off and the holes were not drilled correctly. I swapped it out for a Benelli part and the action was really smooth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#10]

View Quote

Mine was full of metal shavings and gritty trash when it arrived new. The oil was more like maple syrup. Thick and sticky. Tore it down to clean and oil the action and it runs with that really weak handicap skeet load that comes in 100 round packs. I did not oil the gas system.

The factory trigger group seemed soft. I tried heat treating it but later just swapped for better parts. Can’t help but wonder if the pistons or tubes are also soft and metal trash got in there and ruined the seal.

ETA the authentic Benelli pistons are selling for $115 each so O suspect there’s a lot more metallurgical wizardry, heat treatment or friction coating going on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:36:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ozymandiaz] [#11]
Finally got my SDS Tac-12 set up the way I wanted it... And best of all the upgrades will transfer across to a real M4 when I get sick of the Turk clone . Visible changes are a Midwest Industries rail, Regal metal works 5 position recoil tube, Dave's metal works extended magazine, and a Panzer collapsible stock with modified Benelli M4 pistol grip (stock works decently with Benelli spec recoil tubes but I had to use a real M4 pistol grip filed down to fit around the trigger group of the SDS Tac-12).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Watching the TFB Turkenilli torture test was informative.

I'm not sure why James kept going; I would have stopped and completely stripped down the gun once the failure to ejects became obvious.

That said, I am sure there are a dozen different causes possible, the most likely being debris and grit in and around the bolt/action. Continuing to shoot it won't break it in, it will just make it worse.

I have the SDS version, but I haven't been able to run a few hundred shells through it yet. My plan is do just that: shoot until it stops (and I'm sure it will) then strip it down, polish up the parts, and figure out where the friction is.

I paid $399 for the gun. Even factoring in my time that's a bargain, plus tinkering on firearms is my hobby. It's rare not to be able to get something to shoot with enough effort. It's always a question of how much effort is worth it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blindeye:
Watching the TFB Turkenilli torture test was informative.

I'm not sure why James kept going; I would have stopped and completely stripped down the gun once the failure to ejects became obvious.

That said, I am sure there are a dozen different causes possible, the most likely being debris and grit in and around the bolt/action. Continuing to shoot it won't break it in, it will just make it worse.

I have the SDS version, but I haven't been able to run a few hundred shells through it yet. My plan is do just that: shoot until it stops (and I'm sure it will) then strip it down, polish up the parts, and figure out where the friction is.

I paid $399 for the gun. Even factoring in my time that's a bargain, plus tinkering on firearms is my hobby. It's rare not to be able to get something to shoot with enough effort. It's always a question of how much effort is worth it.
View Quote

That's James thing when he does these videos, just run them straight out of the box, no cleaning, no lube, just run it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#14]

View Quote

Looked very Undergassed, i bet he had a bad O-Ring.

Heres a video i made on my AKSA S4, running with multiple loads including Subsonic AA loads. My experience has been much much better than James.

Turknelli M4 Ammo test (Aksa S4)
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ozymandiaz:
Finally got my SDS Tac-12 set up the way I wanted it... And best of all the upgrades will transfer across to a real M4 when I get sick of the Turk clone . Visible changes are a Midwest Industries rail, Regal metal works 5 position recoil tube, Dave's metal works extended magazine, and a Panzer collapsible stock with modified Benelli M4 pistol grip (stock works decently with Benelli spec recoil tubes but I had to use a real M4 pistol grip filed down to fit around the trigger group of the SDS Tac-12).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398541/20220825_222010_2_jpg-2503050.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398541/20220825_222059_2_jpg-2503051.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398541/20220825_222228_2_jpg-2503052.JPG
View Quote

May I ask where you sourced the factory pistol grip
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:19:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ozymandiaz] [#16]
Midwest gun works for the pistol grip:

Midwest pistol grip
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I would love to see that video have part 2 and 3
Part 2 tear down diagnose
Part 3 fix and upgrade to try to get it to pass

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Snafu12:
I would love to see that video have part 2 and 3
Part 2 tear down diagnose
Part 3 fix and upgrade to try to get it to pass

View Quote

It always seems These big youtuber’s never make follow up videos.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

View Quote

Hit and run
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

View Quote

Because the follow up vids don't get nearly the views and therefore the ad revenue as just shitting on something and dipping.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Would the pistol grip that come with the Turkish made M4 stock not work?
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 10:01:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ozymandiaz] [#22]
Not very well, the Panzer grip uses a second nut behind the grip to tighten it and there's not enough threads at that position. I was able to get it on there by removing the recoil tube nut and using only the grip nut to hold both the tube and the grip, but it unscrewed too easily. The shape of the grip where it interfaces with the trigger guard was also different and would take more filing / reshaping (since the panzer trigger guard is wider / extended compared to the Tac12 which is more Benelli-like). The Benelli pistol grip has an insert with threads all the way through the hole in the grip so there's plenty of room to thread it on and still have the recoil tube retaining nut in front of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 11:23:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#23]
Not very well, the Panzer grip uses a second nut behind the grip to tighten it and there's not enough threads at that position. I was able to get it on there by removing the recoil tube nut and using only the grip nut to hold both the tube and the grip, but it unscrewed too easily. The shape of the grip where it interfaces with the trigger guard was also different and would take more filing / reshaping (since the panzer trigger guard is wider / extended compared to the Tac12 which is more Benelli-like). The Benelli pistol grip has an insert with threads all the way through the hole in the grip so there's plenty of room to thread it on and still have the recoil tube retaining nut in front of it.
View Quote

Alright.  I wished someone would go ahead and import the recoil tube from Turkey.  I have a T4.  I saw Turkish troops using them so I picked one up.  I am thinking about trying this stock on my Benelli M4.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a bit of an unusual problem with my TAC-12 the other day.  I decided to add a 2 round extension to my mag tube and use the stock mag spring.  Consistently, my TAC-12 would fail at sending a shell into the receiver ramp.  I would get a light "click" when pressing the shell release, but is would only exit the tube about half way, if at all.  I messed around with things, disassembled, cleaned, cleaned the tube, lubricated.....and results were still the same.  So I reinstalled the original 5 round block tube and now she launches the shells into the receiver.  I guess I need a stronger spring if I plan to run the 2 round extension?

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:12:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snafu12] [#25]
Originally Posted By dltrevino02:
I had a bit of an unusual problem with my TAC-12 the other day.  I decided to add a 2 round extension to my mag tube and use the stock mag spring.  Consistently, my TAC-12 would fail at sending a shell into the receiver ramp.  I would get a light "click" when pressing the shell release, but is would only exit the tube about half way, if at all.  I messed around with things, disassembled, cleaned, cleaned the tube, lubricated.....and results were still the same.  So I reinstalled the original 5 round block tube and now she launches the shells into the receiver.  I guess I need a stronger spring if I plan to run the 2 round extension?

View Quote

Mine did that I changed to OEM mag spring (Benelli ) and it went away
I have a +1 on now with breacher choke no issues
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Delta Mike LTD had the Sulun TAC-12 collapsible stock in stock.

Sulun TAC-12 Collapsible Stock for Turknelli's
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dltrevino02:

View Quote

Got my new Wolff Extra Power spring in yesterday and installed it along with the +2 tube.  Worked perfectly.....and then the problem re-emerged.  So I decided to give things a closer look and it appears that the bolt release spring either isn't strong enough to move the lever out of the way when the shell release lever moves to release it, or perhaps the area on the upper part of the bolt release lever that contacts the rear of the shells isn't perfectly smooth and is hanging up on the shells due to friction.  I'm thinking of just applying some light grease to the area and see if that remedies my issue.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Roland-G23:
Delta Mike LTD had the Sulun TAC-12 collapsible stock in stock.

Sulun TAC-12 Collapsible Stock for Turknelli's
View Quote

While it works, mostly, there has to be better options.   FWIW, I've had mine for 500 ish rounds and I haven't gone back to the fixed stock yet.  But I'd gladly trade it for anything better in the collapsible variety.

I'm hoping somebody imports knock off factory like versions.  I've only seen the stock bodies so far, have I missed the tubes?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally took my CD out with the field stock. Ran 00 and high brass pellets fine. Did notice the mag tube nut came loose. Nothing a little blue Locktite did not fix.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SISTIM7] [#30]
So with 42 pages in this thread I wasn’t able to determine if anyone had verified the Capolla T4 would work with the Panzer Arms adjustable stock. I’m still waiting on my Benelli 3 position tube but the pistol grip does tighten around the factory Capolla tube at least and that was my biggest concern. You do have to remove the factory jam nut from the tube and use it with the grip. I’ll update with pics when I get it fully installed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SISTIM7:
So with 42 pages in this thread I wasn’t able to determine if anyone had verified the Capolla T4 would work with the Panzer Arms adjustable stock. I’m still waiting on my Benelli 3 position tube but the pistol grip does tighten around the factory Capolla tube at least and that was my biggest concern. You do have to remove the factory jam nut from the tube and use it with the grip. I’ll update with pics when I get it fully installed.
View Quote

You’ll need a Benelli grip for it to work right
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok guys I got the Panzer arms m4 stock and a Benelli three position tube and I can confirm it fits fine.  Unfortunately I was just mocking it up and now I can't get the freaking stock off the tube??  Can someone help me out on how to remove the stock from the tube?  I've tried holding the button while rotating and pulling rearwards but it simply doesn't come off

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#33]
We’ll see.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#34]
@twistid1

There is a position between notches where you can rotate the stock the stock the opposite direction of when you're adjusting it. Then it just slides off the tube.  Hold the button down while looking for the removal spot.  On my panzer m4 there is a line on the recoil tube indicating where the stock need to be to remove it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By potatoeater:
@twistid1

There is a position between notches where you can rotate the stock the stock the opposite direction of when you're adjusting it. Then it just slides off the tube.  Hold the button down while looking for the removal spot.  On my panzer m4 there is a line on the recoil tube indicating where the stock need to be to remove it.
View Quote

Like 45 degrees off center left or right
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone need a Benelli stock tube #70130? I have an extra, as well as a Panzer M4 stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Just get the Beretta bro
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SouthPaw970:
Anyone need a Benelli stock tube #70130? I have an extra, as well as a Panzer M4 stock.
View Quote

@SouthPaw970
PM sent
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SISTIM7] [#39]
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:

You’ll need a Benelli grip for it to work right
View Quote

I was able to get the Panzer grip to work with the Benelli tube. The issue I had was the stock did not work well with the Benelli tube. I went with the Panzer tube and all is well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SISTIM7] [#40]
So an update with the Capolla T4. The Benelli tube did not work well with the Panzer stock and would not secure in position without a lot of movement. I ordered the Panzer tube and all is well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Where are you guys picking up the Panzer tube at?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Where are you guys picking up the Panzer tube at?
View Quote

[email protected]

80 shipped if you use PP.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

@Ozymandiaz

How do you like the MI handguard? Any wiggle? Or solid lockup? I have a Mesa Tactical Truckee on my SDS tac-12 that has what seems like a bit of wiggle to it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ozymandiaz] [#44]
I like it, but it does add noticeable weight to the front end. Little to no slop / wiggle when all the set screws are fastened down. I left out the final tensioning screws because a little wiggle room didn't bother me as much as dealing with a few extra screws every time I remove the handguard. Without those final tension screws it has maybe 1/8" or less movement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Good to know. Thanks!

I also see that MI has an Aimpoint T2 optic mount that replaces the pic rail. Anyone know if these will work on the TAC-12? It’s a very attractive cowitness option.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I use a scalarworks on my four peaks clone
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I used the Scalarworks RMR mount on my Toros T4.

The mounting holes in the receiver were undersized and I had to run a tap through them all. No big deal. There was someone else here that ran into the same issue with their clone.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SISTIM7:

[email protected]

80 shipped if you use PP.
View Quote

When you buy the Panzer tube did it include the internals? How many positions does it have?

The Panzer grip and stock fit fine with no issue?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
I used the Scalarworks RMR mount on my Toros T4.

The mounting holes in the receiver were undersized and I had to run a tap through them all. No big deal. There was someone else here that ran into the same issue with their clone.
View Quote

I did the same on my tac12.  Dont think it even took half an hour to do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone with a Panzer Arms M4 know if it likes these?

Sterling, 12 GA 24 G #8 TRAP
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top