Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2023 12:03:53 AM EDT
I just purchased a short barrel for my Benelli Nova and I'd like to fit a magazine extension tube to add some capacity.

Any maker / brand / model to check out?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:10:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#1]
I like my GG&G. A bit different finish from the barrel if you’re picky though. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think my SuperNova had a Nordic Component extension installed back when I had one. It worked fine. I added the Nordic railed mag clamp to mount a light.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Carlson #  723189045029 or 723189045074

Have these and they run flawlessly. 7 round or 8 round ext
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Benelli one on mine, but that was about 15 years ago, and I'm not sure if they are still available.

If I were to buy one now, it would be a Nordic Components.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Solid parts. There is a sling swivel on the other side. I don't remember how much it cost or where I bought it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
I think my SuperNova had a Nordic Component extension installed back when I had one. It worked fine. I added the Nordic railed mag clamp to mount a light.
View Quote

I'm a Nordic fan too
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm another fan of the Nordic Components MXT Magazine Extension. They look even better in person than the pictures. I bought one for my daughter and she loves it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Carlson's extension on my M2 that I have been very happy with. I was not able to grt all the rounds loaded and the Carlson's CS was very helpful. In the end I had to clip a few rings off the spring. Ever since then it has run perfectly and at full capacity.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Any problems with the factory magazine extension?  They all seem to be in a similar price range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ming_The_Merciless] [#10]
Originally Posted By ihon:
Any problems with the factory magazine extension?  They all seem to be in a similar price range.
View Quote

I don't think I've seen a Factory Benelli Magazine extension for the Nova - when I googled it benelli didn't come up.

On further research a page or two further in searches - yes, a company called "Bellini Parts" offer a factory one (a +2), for $159 for the SuperNova - I'd think it would work as well for the Nova.

https://www.benelliparts.net/products/benelli-supernova-magazine-extension

Was hoping for something more to the "Affordable" side of the spectrum.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihon] [#11]
I went ahead and ordered the factory Benelli mag extension for my Supernova along with a factory collapsible stock.  I picked up a Benelli Supernova for $300 a few months ago and have always wanted this configuration.  

I got the factory magazine extension for $59 from Rat Worx.  

https://store.ratworxusa.com/products/benelli-80201-be-snv-80201-be-snv-80201-2545

I have some Nordic parts on my Benelli M1 that I have been impressed with, but I want factory parts if possible.  Particularly if they are cheaper than aftermarket.  I'll post what I think of it when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the Benelli factory magazine extension and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  It is the quality you would expect from a Benelli factory part.  It installed very easily and matches up with the length perfectly.  Definitely worth the $59 (plus $12 shipping) I paid for it.    

The finish is slightly off when you study it, matte gray finish on shotgun, matte black finish on extension.  But nothing horrible and I do have an old, used Supernova.  It would probably match a new gun better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ihon:
I got the Benelli factory magazine extension and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  It is the quality you would expect from a Benelli factory part.  It installed very easily and matches up with the length perfectly.  Definitely worth the $59 (plus $12 shipping) I paid for it.    

The finish is slightly off when you study it, matte gray finish on shotgun, matte black finish on extension.  But nothing horrible and I do have an old, used Supernova.  It would probably match a new gun better.
View Quote

@ihon

I have an 18.5" barrel Ghost Ring Sighted NOVA.  Will the "+3" be too long?

Just eyeballing it, I would think 18.5" barrel (Ghost Ring front & rear) would only fit a +2 round extension would fit (without extending significantly past the barrel).

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me as I try to get this set up before 2024 gets crazy!

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]
@ihon

My NOVA holds 4 (Magazine) + 1 (chamber) for 5

It feels REALLY close to taking a 5th round in the magazine, but just a BIT too short.

What is your round count on your SuperNova Tactical?  "X" in Tube + 1 in chamber?

Sorry for the flurry of questions, but you are the guy with the knowledge!
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll check to confirm that 3x additional shells will go into the extension.  I believe I have Remington, Federal, Winchester, Fiochi and Rio buckshot/slugs to test it.  They way I can see if the different lengths make a difference.  I'm pretty sure I read the Rio shells are a tad longer than most.  I got it because it was cheap and I can use it as range ammo, allowing my Federal flitecontrol buckshot to be used sparingly.  I just stuck some snap caps in to test the cycling, but didn't have enough to do a full round count.  I have a rifle sighted 18.5" Supernova and the mag extension is pretty much flush with the end of the barrel.  

I believe the stock mag tube holds 4x 3" shells, which is why you can almost squeeze in a 5th 2.75" shell, but not quite.  So the extension only really needs to add 2 and a half shells to add 3x total.  Which make sense as my Remington 870 18.5" takes 7 shells in the tube.

If I can ever find them in stock again at a reasonable price, I'll try some of the mini-shells as well.  They hung up 50-60% of the time in my Remington 870 Wingmaster but functioned fine in my Winchester 1300.  I have a Mossberg Shockwave and Kel-tec KS-7 that they are supposed to function in, but haven't found any in stock at a reasonable price.  If they charge the same as Federal flitecontrol buckshot, I'm not buying the play mini shells.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#16]
It fits 7x shells and ends 1/4" from the end of the barrel. Definitely worth getting, particularly since it doesn't cost any more than the competition.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Nordic is my go to.
Top Top