Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2024 3:51:50 PM EDT
I need to add a med kit to my Surus Operations Recce rig. I like the idea of the Ferro concepts roll 1 medical dangler. Looks easy to access from either side. Has anyone used one off the front of there rig?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a the Roll 1, got it just about immediately after it came out a few years back.

Couple of downsides to it, you can't really put much in it.  Things like Israeli Battle Dressings can eat up a lot of space in the Roll1.   You can't put shears in it or a TQ, just not enough room.  It's not labeled as med and has no ID patch area to add one so either you stencil one or you sew on yourself.

I like it though, because it's low profile. I carry it on the rear of my plate carrier and on the front I use a Haley Strategic TQ and Shears dangler pouch. For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one on the front of a chest rig setup. I like it much better than a traditional dangler, it doesn’t flop around and hit me in the junk etc. BUT as mentioned it’s limited on capacity.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WantsAnRRA] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
View Quote

The BLUNT looks good! That might be the way I go
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

The BLUNT looks good! That might be the way I go
View Quote

It's nice.  It is bigger than the Roll 1, so if you're not a fan of danglers the extra size could be an issue.

The interior roll is not made of the same material that the Roll 1 uses for its interior roll and so the BLUNT's interior roll pulls out a bit less smoothly than the interior roll of the Roll 1.  

Other than that I can't think of anything else negative to say about it. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the Agilite for a dangler
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a Beez Blunt. I’ll report back!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
I have a the Roll 1, got it just about immediately after it came out a few years back.

Couple of downsides to it, you can't really put much in it.  Things like Israeli Battle Dressings can eat up a lot of space in the Roll1.   You can't put shears in it or a TQ, just not enough room.  It's not labeled as med and has no ID patch area to add one so either you stencil one or you sew on yourself.

I like it though, because it's low profile. I carry it on the rear of my plate carrier and on the front I use a Haley Strategic TQ and Shears dangler pouch. For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
View Quote

I drew a cross in sharpie on both of mine. I have zero qualms about marking up my gear, like writing "TQ" on TQ pouches that aren't super obvious. Also, try an H bandage instead of an Izzy. It'll be a lot less bulky.
Top Top