Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:50:18 PM EDT
This is available in your choice of color for $49.97 here:Cheaper Than Dirt

OR cheaper at Stickman's Group Buy (will close on Sunday May 21st midnight Pacific Coast time or contact him for availability).
PLATE CARRIER AND POUCHES GROUP BUY  
 Sorry it's over.

I can't call this a review, because I haven't really used it yet.  All I can do is show you what it looks like.  In the photos below I have my 10X12 steel KEJO plates installed.  Doesn't really look like it will accomodate larger plates.  Front of carrier.  Notice the velcro across the front for ID placard.  This is also on the back.

Back of carrier.  The handle actually velcros to the back unless pulled.  Notice the retaining bungees for the AR type magazine pouches on the side.  Each side will hold two mags.  The cut out is pretty deep and will probably fit a 45 rounder.  Mag-puls may want to be used to keep the mags from slipping down.  These mag pouches are probably the weakest part of the vest.  The mags would be really tough to insert while wearing.  Not to mention the mag-pul in your arm pit.

Inside front.  Thick foam rubber shoulder straps.  Bottom velcro opening to insert soft foam panels included, plates, and soft ballistic panels if desired.

Inside back.  Notice the fully adjustable cumber bun.  There's also a little zip pouch on the cumber bun for money, key, etc.  I was really impressed with this attention to detail.  Black mesh square is what I'm assuming is for a hydro system.  If I'm wrong, please tell me what it's for.  Also noticeable is two velcro straps towards the neck area.  I figured these were to hold the hydro tube?  Again, please educate me if I'm wrong.

Foam panel inserts for comfort.  These can easily be replace with ballistic panels, or combined with.  These are ABA XLRR IIIA panels shown on top.

And finally; is that the CIRAS?  Well, maybe not.  Shown with plates, foam inserts, 4 AR 30 rounders and ID placard.

If you have any questions, ask away.  Here's the write-up from CTD:

MOLLE "Armor Carrier" Vest OD GREEN Fully adjustable vest carries your armored plates for maximum protection; front and back padded pouches secure your ceramic or other protective body armor plates while providing full MOLLE webbing compatibility on the front and back of the vest. Configure your vest with pouches, pockets or holsters (sold separately) and your body armor plates are secured for maximum protection. Vest adjusts for height and girth; features inner support elastic waist band for maximum comfort. Padded shoulder support system and rugged design to withstand the most rugged environments or operations. The vest does not include the armored plates.

DUMP POUCH REVIEW

I think the Dump Pouch is also well thoughout (or copied).  

It will hold 5 30 round AR mags:

Closed with mags and mag-puls:

Below is the piece that snaps into the mouth of the pouch.  It has an overlapping elastic opening.  It's great for retaining mags or allowing you items to be removed without spilling out (ie. shotgun shells).  The only thing I wish this pouch had, was a piece of velcro to keep the flap open while in use.  I guess you could always sew-on a piece or fold the flap back.

AR MAG POUCH REVIEW:

Got my 2x2 mag pouches today.  Quaility seems to be on par with the vest.  The velcro closure straps are adjustable/removeable.  This is a great feature.  This allows you to run mag-puls, 20 or 40 rounders.  Also has an elastic strap around each pouch.  This allows the use of one mag to fit secure if the strap is opened or removed.  Has rigid straps that snap on back for attachment.  I'm sure this is a copy of someones pouch, but at least they copied the right company.  My biggest complaint with my current pouches is lack of adjustability (can't use mag-puls).

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks x 100 for the info!  I've been looking for just such an animal for a few weeks and I think this is gonna work for me.  Couple questions if you don't mind:

Is velcro the only thing that holds the front to the back in the shoulder area?

Does the stitching appear to be of good quality?

I realize that you get what you pay for but I don't have the $$$ for a $350 version from Eagle and it doesn't look like the Blackhawk model will fit my IIIA panels.

Thanks again!

Phylodog
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
tag.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is velcro the only thing that holds the front to the back in the shoulder area?

No, there's also a buckle (first & last pic).

Does the stitching appear to be of good quality?

Yes, it's on par with other reputable equipment I own.

Phylodog

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks alot for the info i think ill order one tonight.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.  I ordered one too.  I have a woosatch that attached ballistic panels to but wasn't sure if I liked it.  I want a CIRAS but can't afford it.  I'm going to try this and see what I think.

Thanks for the review.

How comfortable is it?  

How well do standard ballistic panels fit inside??

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]

How comfortable is it?  
I haven't worn mine enough to make a real determintation.

How well do standard ballistic panels fit inside??
As you can see from the pics, my panels aren't an exact match.  I haven't tried both panels yet as I bought this mainly as a plate carrier.  I did insert my front panel and it fit pretty well.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know anything about the CTD Molle Hydration System  Molle 454
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for stickman's pictures.

ETA: oh yeah, where did u get that Sheriff placard ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
tag for stickman's pictures.

ETA: oh yeah, where did u get that Sheriff placard ?

Got the Sheriff patch on ebay.
Sheriff Patch
Got the 4X12 Velcro from Supply Captain.  Had my local Dry cleaners sew it on.
Supply Captian
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:
dump1567-  I am not trying to hijack your thread brother, say the word and I'll pull the pic if you want.

No problem, post away.  They're seems to be some legit interest.  Here's some more Police & Sheriff patches.
Police & Sheriff Patches

You can also add more buckles to the side closure if you like.  TT sells them here:
IBA/Interceptor Buckle Kit
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks guys !!

I'm looking for a POLICE patch in OD/black. Will send an email to that ebay guy.

Stick: have you been using that carrier on the field ? how do u like the pouches ? 2 mags per pouch ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I've seen these vests; they are often geared towards the airsoft people that want that "Tactical" look without spending a lot of money; some of these vest are pretty well made since most often are exact clones of the actual military issue equipment, except for minor things, such as IR treatment of the fabric.

Otherwise, they are a pretty good compromise for those that want to spend prime dollars on their tactical nylon.

I personally own a USGI Ranger RACK Chest Rig and a MOLLE II FLC (which I use during my drills) and I have been considering selling my RACK and buy an HSGI Wasatach in Khaki from SKD Tactical and have it setup as a "Grab & Go", loaded with all my Line I & II gear and equipment for a SHTF moment. Loaded magazines for primary and secondary weapons, Hydration & Substinance, Commo, Land-Nav and he like.

That's just my mentality at the moment. Like a good Boy Scout - Always Be Prepared.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I've seen these vests; they are often geared towards the airsoft people that want that "Tactical" look without spending a lot of money; some of these vest are pretty well made since most often are exact clones of the actual military issue equipment, except for minor things, such as IR treatment of the fabric.

Otherwise, they are a pretty good compromise for those that want to spend prime dollars on their tactical nylon.

I personally own a USGI Ranger RACK Chest Rig and a MOLLE II FLC (which I use during my drills) and I have been considering selling my RACK and buy an HSGI Wasatach in Khaki from SKD Tactical and have it setup as a "Grab & Go", loaded with all my Line I & II gear and equipment for a SHTF moment. Loaded magazines for primary and secondary weapons, Hydration & Substinance, Commo, Land-Nav and he like.

That's just my mentality at the moment. Like a good Boy Scout - Always Be Prepared.

that new plate carrier with cummerbund  from Eagle looks good too (159 bux)....sorry for the OT

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#19]
taggage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Stick !!!

ETA: just ordered my OD POLICE patches :) and the velcros...
need to order the OD carrier/pouches now...LOL
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]
TAGtical...

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
one size fits all right ? no more than 10x12  for the plates ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
one size fits all right ?
Yes

no more than 10x12  for the plates ?
I believe that's correct also.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Great !!!! thank you so much Stick !!

I see you can squeeze 2 more mags on each side.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#28]
tagged
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#29]
So as it comes from CTD it will hold 4 mags?  

I'll have to look at my TacForce 2x3 mag pouches to see if they'll adapt to MOLLE.  Right now they are nothing but Velcro (hook) on the backside.  

I'd like one of these for trips to the range- I probably wouldn't run around with it on the whole time but it would take a lot of the weight out of my gun case...

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't mean to hijack the thread but for those of us that can't get or don't need armor, should we maybe go with something like this from centerfiresystems:

Description:
Gear up with this deluxe vest. This universal design features velcro closures, drain holes, and elastic to hold mags tight. Also, this vest is adjustable in height and girth to fit. See below for more details.
A: Rifle Mag Pouches. 4 separate pouches hold 30rd AK or AR-15 mags. Velcro™ closures, pull tabs, drain holes, and elastic hold mags securely.
B: Pistol Mag Pouches. 3 separate, height adjustable pouches hold pistol mags and/or a small flashlight.
C: Compass Pouch.
D: Belt Loops. Hold vest secure with any belt.
E: Pistol Holster. Holds medium to large frame pistol securely. Velcro™ allows quick and easy removal or adjustment of holster. Also has a built in pouch for an additional spare mag.
F: Sniper Shoulder Pad. Non-slip design with extra padding.
G: Cell Phone/ PDA Pouch.
H: Large Velcro™ ID Panel.
I: Large Internal Zippered Map/Document Pouches. 2 mesh pockets create a perfect space to store maps and other documents.
J: Mesh Liner. Back made of durable mesh for easy breathing.
K: Accessory Strap System. Straps on back are compatible with MOLLE system, ALICE clips and perfect for field tools.
L: Water Bladder Pocket. Perfect for a Camel Pak™ .

$59.97 for "Army digital" as well as digital desert and the standard solid colors...

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#31]
That vest has always bugged the shit out fo me for the many many years its been around in one from or another. It isnt modular and its take it or leave it with that holster on the one side and the mag pouches on the other. It is beyond me why someone would spend money on something that would lock them into one type of setup.

My .02
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey Stickman, is the pouch located on the inside of the rear half for hydration?  I've got one on the wat and I'm hoping it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#33]
TAG
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
That vest has always bugged the shit out fo me for the many many years its been around in one from or another. It isnt modular and its take it or leave it with that holster on the one side and the mag pouches on the other. It is beyond me why someone would spend money on something that would lock them into one type of setup.

My .02

You know for a fact that none of the pouches or holster are removable?  I was under the impression from another thread awhile back that it was modular to some extent.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey Stick, how large a person can get into one of these?

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#38]
wow, didnt know leapers of china was making these
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Eagle and Blackhawk are all Chinese anyway, correct?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Eagle and Blackhawk are all Chinese anyway, correct?

Even worse.....Made in Vietnam!

At least Blackhawk is..........not sure on Eagle though
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Woah no way is Eagle made in China!!

I'm 99.99999% sure Blackhawk is made in Vietnam, but i'm 100% certain that Eagle is 100% US made
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#43]
group buy might be interesting
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Breaking news:
Stick proves you can polish a turd.
Seriously, my brother's got one.  Might have to go look at it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm glad to hear that the plate carrier is in the same league as the surprisingly nice magazine pouches.

Now, if we the manufacturer will clone the Diamondback lo-vis rack, we'll be in business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I just purchased the CTD MOLLE LBV that they're advertising and I must say as well that this thing is Way above my expectations for $40. I opted for it over the plate carrier because I need fatboy sizes to fit my 6'4", 300 lbs. frame.  The bungee pouches easily hold/deploy my AK mags and the webbing is VERY sturdy.  I'm trying to really torture test this stuff, but my normal excessive packing is still holding up.  I wish they could keep more of this stuff in stock because it seems to be flying off the shelves.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Stickman-

Regarding the CTD MOLLE AR-15  2-mag pouches:

In your pictures it looks like the mag pouch lids are pushing the edge of the velcro.  It appears that you do not have Magpul loops or Ranger Plates on your mags.

?  Will these mag pouches reliably close with 2 mags with Ranger Plates or loops?

Thanks, M

BTW - Nice Pics!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Its a messy job, but someone has got to do it.

You could make DP pics look good.

Check out your brothers gear if he has the same thing, let me know what you think.

I'll try to.  He's in the Midwest for two weeks on training, so I'll have to wait 'til he gets back or drive over to the store and look at one if I get the chance.  I've got a hearing tomorrow and then the Easter break, so I might just order one (at that price) to get a look at it.
He mentioned getting one, but I don't know how he's got his set up and he's not as much of a geardo as I am.  All he could tell me is that he put a bunch of "stuff" on it and it was "hawt."  I'm not sure what plates he's got in it either.  He just said "The heavy ones," so I am assuming they are not ceramic or the poly ones.
How roomy is that thing?  If I wear soft armor under it I'm going to need it to run out to about 54/56" in the chest and just cinch the sides down for about 10" less in the waist (less with side plates/panels).  The neck opening looks kind of small, but I've dealt with that before and I've usually got a collar on anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top