Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
small roll of tape and a few zip ties (8-11") are always on my kit for emergency repairs of nearly anything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#3]
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

Attachment Attached File

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8420_JPG-3099973.JPG

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
View Quote

Nice job. Where'd you get the adhesive backed fabric in MCT?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HRoark87:

Nice job. Where'd you get the adhesive backed fabric in MCT?
View Quote

Thanks!

I just got it on Amazon
Amazon Product
  • GRIP - Real fabric outer layer provides better grip for magazines, even when wet with water or sweat. Regular vinyl wraps become slick with moisture. TackGear Wraps will keep performing even in less ideal conditions.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I went Rhodie, but you did a nicer job with it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20240119_192844-3100074.jpg
View Quote

Not as tactical, but sweet.

My FAL should be back today, but unfortunately it's not gonna make it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Looks great. You've inspired me to stimulate the economy and order frogskin wrap

Unfortunately could not find any adhesive-backed. Any tips on the wrapping process?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#9]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Looks great. You've inspired me to stimulate the economy and order frogskin wrap

Unfortunately could not find any adhesive-backed. Any tips on the wrapping process?
View Quote

Not a ton of tips. Just kind of plan it before you stick it. Take your time. I cut 1-2" strips of the wax paper backer so I could peel it a section at a time so I could get it right and not get too far ahead of myself.

For non adhesive back, it's the same, but you have more of a race against time so the glue doesn't dry. I used 3M Super 77 spray. Use a sharpie or something similar to push out the bubbles in the nooks and crannies. It's better to take some extra time and get it right than have to pick it back up and compromise the seal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

My first one didn't go as nicely, but it's seen some mud and dirt and is holding up. It's a g17 holster that I heated up in water to fit a polymer 80.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]

My first one didn't go as nicely, but it's seen some mud and dirt and is holding up. It's a g17 holster that I heated up in water to fit a polymer 80.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8476_JPG-3100154.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8476_JPG-3100154.JPG

Going woodland on the next one, will post pics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Gotta be ready for the woods

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks!

I just got it on Amazon www.amazon.com/dp/B09RZFXWD6
View Quote

I did mine in MC.
Not as good as yours but it'll work for me.

Guess we'll find out how good the adhesive is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Gotta be ready for the woods

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_7564_JPG-3100223.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_7568_PNG-3100225.JPG

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Looks great
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#16]
Does anyone know of a really small horizontal pouch that can go on a belt?  Admin pouches are too large for what I need.  I want something that can fit small stuff like a Zippo and other odds and ends.  Something no more than 5" wide, 3-4" high and no more than 2" deep.

I took some pictures of my belt setup this morning.  I just need to edit them a bit and get them uploaded so I can finally share my humble setup.

ETA:  The Zap-V is close to what I want but this is vertical instead of horizontal.
https://boxcuttergear.com/products/zap-m-molle-compatible?variant=41543172063364
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
Does anyone know of a really small horizontal pouch that can go on a belt?  Admin pouches are too large for what I need.  I want something that can fit small stuff like a Zippo and other odds and ends.  Something no more than 5" wide, 3-4" high and no more than 2" deep.

I took some pictures of my belt setup this morning.  I just need to edit them a bit and get them uploaded so I can finally share my humble setup.

ETA:  The Zap-V is close to what I want but this is vertical instead of horizontal.
https://boxcuttergear.com/products/zap-m-molle-compatible?variant=41543172063364
View Quote

Have you looked at the Esstac boo-boo pouch?
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, any of the booboo pouches should work
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

Have you looked at the Esstac boo-boo pouch?
View Quote

Oh, thanks!  I think that will work.  I'll have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:29:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#20]
Attachment Attached File

This is my belt so far.  I bought the belt many years ago when I was doing 3-gun so I decided to just use it for now.  It has a plastic buckle that I know won't last.

- Cheap belt
- High Speed Gear Grip panel so I can easily use it to practice dryfiring
- 2x Esstac Double Pistol GAP KWYI Pouch
- 1x Esstac KWYI Rifle Pouch
- First Spear dump pouch (I think)
- Coyote Tactical BURRITO (I still need to buy a med kit to put in it)
- T.Rex Arms Ragnarok holster for my M&P 2.0 with Surefire X300
- Bladetech Duty Drop Tek-Mount kit
- Cheap glove holder strap from Amazon
- PIG Alpha gloves

I did just buy the Blue Force Gear Boo Boo pouch for my belt so once I get that I'll add it on.  I think I'll put it right where the glove strap is and just cut the metal hook out and add it to the one-wrap when I mount the pouch.

This is my first serious attempt to setup a belt. I haven't even used it yet in this configuration so hopefully I'll figure out if it works or not.  I'd love to get the dump pouch that fits under the rifle mag just to save some space and to move it forward some.  So far from test fitting everything it seems to work for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Top is go-to, Bottom is the range belt.  

Still need another holster.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
@Yumago thanks for the suggestion, it works perfectly!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just right to fit some odds and ends I want to keep on my belt.

- Zippo with butane insert
- SOG Powerpint multitool
- Rite in the rain pen and pad
- Streamlight Microstream flashlight
- Chapstick
- 10ft of tarred bank line
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
@Yumago thanks for the suggestion, it works perfectly!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168341/1000014215_jpg-3106302.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168341/1000014214_jpg-3106303.JPG

Just right to fit some odds and ends I want to keep on my belt.

- Zippo with butane insert
- SOG Powerpint multitool
- Rite in the rain pen and pad
- Streamlight Microstream flashlight
- Chapstick
- 10ft of tarred bank line
View Quote

Yay, I love being helpful
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:

interesting
thx
View All Quotes

I ordered that not to long ago.
Just recently started messing with it.

Had to drill a few holes to get the QLS reciever to fit so my safariland holster would sit straight instead of canting.

Also modified the molle adaptors to fit better for the gocode soft shell scorpion mag pouches.

Still have a couple of thing's to do before getting everything mounted on the belt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Esstac mini belt pouch
View Quote

That looks like it would have worked, too.  Eventually I want to setup another belt so I'll try that one when I do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Wrapped my LARP gear p365 holster. Came out pretty decent but I would like to burnish the cut edges somehow.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Hoping to have some pics to upload, soon.

I just ordered a triple pistol mag pouch, a double rifle mag pouch, and a medical pouch...all esstac. I already have an esstac shooter's belt, so now I have some stuff inbound to put on it. And I'm planning on using my tax refund to get a holster for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what is everyone's go to thigh strap? I've used T-Rex, and now the MHA attachment. I didn't really care for either - has anyone tried the one for Forge Concepts?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#31]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what is everyone's go to thigh strap? I've used T-Rex, and now the MHA attachment. I didn't really care for either - has anyone tried the one for Forge Concepts?
View Quote

I'm a mha whore sooo....
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmt1271] [#32]
I'm finally putting together a simple battle belt after putting it off forever.

Ordered thru Esstac today. (thanks @esstac- ) got the enhanced gun belt and a double pistol GAP kwyi and a diaper midlength 5.56 KWYI.

That'll get me started.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jmt1271:

Ordered thru Esstac today. (thanks @esstac- ) got the enhanced gun belt and a double pistol GAP kwyi and a diaper midlength 5.56 KWYI.

That'll get me started.
View Quote

I've never been able to tell the differences between the shooter's belt and the enhanced shooter's belt. The descriptions they have online about them are identical (minus the name).
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:

I've never been able to tell the differences between the shooter's belt and the enhanced shooter's belt. The descriptions they have online about them are identical (minus the name).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:

That'll get me started.

Enhanced is lighter and stiffer
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Enhanced

Regular
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:
View Quote

T-Rex works well for me.  What's been your issue?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I am not sure if this is allowed by the community guidelines and if it is not I will delete the link.

I made a youtube video going over my preferred belt setup with an Esstac Shooter's Belt as the base. I have some tips and tricks that some may find helpful. Thanks

https://youtu.be/ELWZSQ62Odk?si=FRb7bHVtcvviO9Rl
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nrwin:
I am not sure if this is allowed by the community guidelines and if it is not I will delete the link.

I made a youtube video going over my preferred belt setup with an Esstac Shooter's Belt as the base. I have some tips and tricks that some may find helpful. Thanks

https://youtu.be/ELWZSQ62Odk?si=FRb7bHVtcvviO9Rl
View Quote

My Duty Belt / "War Belt" Setup
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking for holster suggestions…

My primary handgun is a Shadow Systems MR920 Elite (no compensator but I might add it in the future)

I have a True North adapter and QLS System but I’m willing to add/delete to either.  I like the idea of Safariland RDS/ALS but their prices seem to be significantly more than other companies out there.

What do you recommend for a war belt?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:
Looking for holster suggestions…

My primary handgun is a Shadow Systems MR920 Elite (no compensator but I might add it in the future)

I have a True North adapter and QLS System but I’m willing to add/delete to either.  I like the idea of Safariland RDS/ALS but their prices seem to be significantly more than other companies out there.

What do you recommend for a war belt?
View Quote

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/

The make holsters for a LOT of different makes and models. Plus, they can do an attachment that caters to the most popular ones out there...like the Safariland QLS Fork and the G-Code RTI Hanger and many others.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I’m completely new to these style of belts. If a belt is marketed as a Molle belt, does that mean you can’t use one wrap to secure stuff. I’m looking at the Kore belts for example (I love their bison leather EDC belts).
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Doz_TCC:
I’m completely new to these style of belts. If a belt is marketed as a Molle belt, does that mean you can’t use one wrap to secure stuff. I’m looking at the Kore belts for example (I love their bison leather EDC belts).
View Quote

You can absolutely use one wrap on a Molle belt. But I would run the one wrap in the Molle loops to keep it in place )in case the inner part of the belt doesn't have loop-side Velcro on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#44]
Does anyone make a good Multicam Black ouch pouch?  Something on the smaller side, like the Blue Force Gear.

I swear I've seen one in here but I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I know fuck about shit, but why opt for a molle belt when you intend to use one wrap?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I know fuck about shit, but why opt for a molle belt when you intend to use one wrap?
View Quote

Esstac Esstac Esstac!
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:

Esstac Esstac Esstac!
View Quote

I used one wrap on my esstac enhanced belt.

My first belt so nothing to compare but it went on easy and is solid as hell.

Pleased.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Pleased.
View All Quotes

Esstac Esstac Esstac!

Pleased.

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser] [#49]
I've been searching for a good molle holster for a while so that part is still open.

Elite Survival Systems outer
Fusion inner
HSG1 Single Mag
IdoGear single mag (I know, but kind of like them)
Can't remember name of  hard shell Tourni
One Tigris tear away IFAK
IdoGear dump
DPX H.E.S.T. Knife
Viktos War Torn gloves
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone make a good Multicam Black ouch pouch?  Something on the smaller side, like the Blue Force Gear.

I swear I've seen one in here but I can't seem to find it.
View Quote

Flatline Fiber Co has the PIMP in multicam black.
https://flatlinefiberco.com/product/pimp-practical-individual-medical-pouch/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top