Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:34:27 PM EDT
Economy Combo Pack

I didn’t think a simple hammer replacement and Polyurethane bolt buffer could make much of a difference but … it truly does.  The trigger pull now is DRASTICALLY improved over the 8 pound factory trigger pull.  No doubt it’s nowhere near as smooth as a $285 dollar Tony Kidd trigger but that’s the best $30 bucks I’ve spent on this 10/22 to date.  I just can’t bear to part with $285 bucks on a 10/22.  I once fired a 10/22 that had $100 trigger work done to it by a Gunsmith and it was WICKED smooth.  Ever since that day I swore I would do something to improve the trigger.  I’m glad I did!

I didn’t even notice any over travel really, just the basic creep before the 2.5 pound break.  I only plan to pick off squirrels with this thing but it’s absolutely critical to improve the trigger over stock.  I’m cheap, and the benefits are amazing for the money.  The buffer is also a welcome treat because the metal-to-metal contact just doesn’t sound nice.  I only now wish there was a way to stop the Bolt Carrier from slamming back into the barrel after each shot.

MocoMan Review: 10/10

Price: 10
Value: 10
Shipping: 10
Service: 10
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Whose hammer did you go with...Volquartsen??
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Click the link bro!  :)

Power Custom Competition Hammer
http://www.powercustom.com/
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a vq hammer in my old trigger group and have to agree going from stock to the upgrade hammer is a big step!

i went with the weaponkraft buffer though.

but now theres is a kidd mounted to the rifle and stock tg is sitting in the kidd package
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Since Tony Kidd and I share the same first name maybe he'll give me 2% off!  HA!
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
For what its worth, I manufacture yellowjacket buffers (plus hex head bolts and a variety of other 10/22 products) via my company Armed America LLC.  And my own buffers AND weaponkrafts are the only two I recommend to anyone.  Only Reed (and myself) have actually spent the time and money to research the various forumlas for polyurethane to find the perfect formula for this application (low shear, chemical rejection, heat and cold effect, etc.).
And I am the only one who sells 10/22 magnum buffers with a true polyurethane back brace (weaponkraft uses delron unless reed has changed.), plus oversized buffers and in matching colors for black or steel/alum receivers
So either way, My Yellowjackets, or Reed's weaponkraft's...you can't go wrong....but some of the other stuff out there is real junk..beware...even Volquartsen has changed and is now copying my design...for $5 more.Bob
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i have a vq hammer in my old trigger group and have to agree going from stock to the upgrade hammer is a big step!

i went with the weaponkraft buffer though.

I've done the same thing, twice.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top