Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 2:57:47 PM EDT

I want to mount my Optima JPoint red dot optic on my 10/22, but I need a good, really low profile Weaver base to do so.  Can anyone recommend one to me?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Weaver makes one, sells for about eight bucks. I've seen them at Walmart they're so common.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Weaver makes one, sells for about eight bucks. I've seen them at Walmart they're so common.

+1

weaver t-09
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
weaver t-09

Disclaimer:  I'm not familiar with how a JPoint mounts.  However most Red Dots from Tasco to AimPoint favor picatinny mounts, mot to mention EOTech's and ACOG's.  Having said that...

My eyes!!!!! WTF!?!?!  The T-09?!?!?!

The Weaver T-09 base is ULTRA pile of shit.  Cheap and well made, but totally fucking worthless.  I mean WTF do I do with this piece of shit?  Other than mount the Air Rifle scope I use it for?

First it doesn't even use all 4 screws to mount to my 10/22 reciever.  2nd and the whole reason it's a piece of shit?  The 2 cross-slots? that's it? that makes it impossible to mouth a Red Dot sight period.  An EOTech fits but only in the rear in that 1 cross-slot.  It makes a very nice quality metal bookmark or paper weight.

Wanna stay cheap?  Power Custom might be the ticket.  $15 bucks, 6 cross-slots, and comes in silver and black.  DONE.

See this piece of shit?  Eaxctly.  Picture = 1000 words

But, your 10/22 man, She deserves better than that.  Go all out bro.  The (Ruger Accessory Mount) from TPS Inc.

The R.A.M. mount will meet and far exceed your greatest expectations for a quality base for your Ruger® 10/22 rifle.  The mount is machined from a solid billet of 7075-T651 aluminum barstock. The R.A.M. mount is built to Mil-STD 1913 specifications as well as being fully compatible with weaver-style rings.  It is finished in a matte black to Type III hard anodize to Mil-A-8625 standards.  The mount has eleven (11) cross-slots available to accommodate virtually any requirements that you may have.  In an addition, the mount comes with four (4) Torx  screws to securely mount your base to your rifle.
==============================

That mount is just pure bananas.  The best money can buy.  It cannot be made any better.  There is zer0 room for improvement.  I think I should marry it.  

Class dismissed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
HOT LINK
www.tacticalprecision.com/ram.htm
It's all about MIL-STD-1913 "Picattinny" baby
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about mounting a red dot on one but I have never had a problem with a Weaver T-09.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Anything wrong with the Leopold Rifleman?  It's only about 6 bucks I believe.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=662584
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anything wrong with the Leopold Rifleman?  It's only about 6 bucks I believe.
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=662584

That's a step better than the T-09.  If people plan to only mount a scope with rings the T-09 and that Leopold should work just fine.  It's meant for SCOPES and not tactical stuff.  So keep that in mind and it'll be fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#8]
just make sure you tighten the screws

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I plan on putting Locktite in the threads before I clamp it down.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean M & F threads with break cleaner and let dry first.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But, not too tight. Check the inside of the receiver to make sure there's no interference with the mount screws and the top of the bolt.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Go here:
www.powercustom.com

Check out the hot chicks and when you are done with that, click on 1022 in the left-hand menu.  Scroll down in the stuff that comes up and find their base.  Very good one!

Woody
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#13]

For regular scopes the Weaver is still the best. It allows the scope to be mounted about 1/2" further forward than most mounts. Just look at the mounting holes locations.

The "Tactical Precision" (is that a joke?) is not to "MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny" specs.  It also does not look to be compatible with LaRue mounts with the idiot cut down the center. The cuts are okay on a Weaver type mount, but are not to picatinny specs. It looks like they just put a few more slots in a old Weaver mount die. Bad form indeed. (It's my new job to bash the "to Picatinny specs" NOT trash these hucksters pawn off on us)

The new Weigand is an unknown at this time.

The new Volquartsen "Picatinny" mount appears to have been withdrawn from the market when the side of the mount was found to be out of spec. It is expected to return mid January with a mount to correct specs. We will see.

The only correct answer is nothing on the 10/22 market today is known to meet picatinny specs. Maybe in a few weeks Volquartsen will.

Next problem is the steel screws will tear up the aluminum threads in the Ruger receiver if you ever bang the scope or drop it. It is best to loctite, glue, or otherwise bond the mount to the receiver.

None is this may matter for a JPoint. Any cheap mount should hold it fine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know if it will fit your scope, but I got one of these as a gift for someone building up a 10/22 HB:

http://jackweigand.com/1022.html

Integral mount/rings. Sllick
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a t-09 in the maiol for a .44 carbine.  I'll post back on the quality when it comes in.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the t0-9 in and installed.
Seems sturdy enough. Only a bit of range time will tell though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
The scope base that came with my 10/22 has 5 slots in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top