Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 11:58:33 AM EDT
Got the C&R forms today.  I was going to set up a trust for the nfa, and wondered about this question block on both.  For the phone number of applicant block, do I need a land line?  My wife and I use our cell phones exclusively, so we never needd a land line at our house.  I'll call and get one assigned if need be, but do I have to?  Will the ATF use it to verify residence, or do they just need it to contact me?  Thanks all in advance for any help.
Scott

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You must have a phone that is answered personally by you 24-7. If you go on vacation, you must have the number forwarded to wherever you are.

lol.....

It's jsut a phone number. Doesn't need to be a land line or a cell number. Either or. And if you don't have a phone, that's probably ok too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll save you a headache.  The ATF will not grant any FFL (including C&R) to a trust.

Do an LLC.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Right on, I was going to get the FFL in my name, and then use the trust for the transfer. I assume this is common and acceptable, but if not let me know! I appreciate the info guys, thanks a lot!
Scott
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
In MO, the transferee must have the FFL/C&R.  So if you want to have it transferred to an LLC, the LLC must hold the FFL/C&R.

Don't try to have an FFL/C&R in your personal name and obtain the item under an LLC, it will be denied.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, what would be the best option to get this done.  If I can't get an FFL in a trust, how can I do this, if at all.  I want to do this all right the first time.  Thanks!
Scott
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Form an LLC online for $105. MO Secretrary of State

Get a C&R for the LLC.

Buy your goodies.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
All right, I'll check out that route.
Thanks!
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top