Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 5:10:56 PM EDT
With NVDs being accessible to the pubic, if for a price, the next question becomes where to find accessories.  What else is out there, restricted or not?

For instance, to non-government purchasers, who sells IR Glo-Tape and similar products?
ITI makes dive windows for the MUM although they seem to be as rare as LIFs on the market.
Where can we get custom foam for Hardigg or Pelican hard storage cases for a MUM and accessories?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
While quality NVDs are available on the market for the non-government purchaser, often is the case where useful accessories are much less so.  These include compact, mulit-functional IR ilumination, lasers, LIF, laser-filtering goggle lenses (note: these are rated to a frequency range), and so on.

One alternative to the operating expense of dedicated IR illuminators are IR chemiluminescent (glow) sticks.  With a two year shelf life and  useful 4-8 hour burn time, these sticks allow an area to be illuminated without revealing the NVD-equipped operator, as well saving battery life.  Question is, where to botain them.  Searching the internet, shows scant few sources for this product, with prices somewhere in the $2-3ea. range, plus delivery.

For those without deep pockets or who've already made the investment in a SureFrie M1 or similar product, the argument in favor of IR glows sticks becomes one of simple economics. That is, given CR123A batteries available at pricing as low as $1ea., plus shipping.

While putting together vehicular emergency and hurricane preparedness packages for family and friends, I discovered a supplier out of the Chicago area who sells Cyalume products at a fraction of typical retail.  They even offer long duration glow sticks, colors, and glow batons.  Recently, I learned they are nearly ready to add IR sticks to their website (about May), and were accepting paid pre-orders from their initial supply at less than a dollar per unit (in this case 50+ quantity).  Shipping was also very reasonable.

ARFCOM dealers and members have been helpful to me, so I'd like to offer something back.  If you're looking for IR or visible spectrum glow sticks, save some money and contact these folks www.nicaboyne.com/glowsticks.htm.
Nicaboyne, Inc.
phone: (847)845-3847
fax: (815)455-1197
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If he gets IR sticks I will be all over that. his prices are very good due to the bulk ordering.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Guardian IR Beacon

For those who have purchased this useful night vision accessory, you may have noticed it is powered by (2) CR2032 coin batteries shrinkwrapped together.  At least until they is exhausted.  While I have not yet been able to locate a source for the wrapped version, I did manage to find a good price on the batteries, themselves.  Is $0.25ea. (plus shipping) too much (MSRP $3.99)?

www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=560
Model: CR2032
Nominal voltage: 3.0V
Nominal capacity: 205 mAh (Continuously discharged under 15KO load till 2.5V end-voltage)
Outer dimensions: Diameter: 20.0 mm, Height: 3.2 mm
Nominal weight: 3.0 g.
Structures: Manganese dioxide cathode, lithium anode, organic electrolyte, polypropylene separator and stainless steel cell can and anode cap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
In researching Laser Protective Lenses for both shooting glasses and goggles, I've found lenses for the brand I use at about $80ea.  They are listed as protective from the most commonly used laser wavelengths: 694nm and 1064nm.  Before purchasing these filters, does anyone know what products these will or won't protect against?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If he gets IR sticks I will be all over that. his prices are very good due to the bulk ordering.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

My order out of their first inventory is estimated to ship on 28 April.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guardian IR Beacon

For those who have purchased this useful night vision accessory, you may have noticed it is powered by (2) CR2032 coin batteries shrinkwrapped together.  At least until they is exhausted.  While I have not yet been able to locate a source for the wrapped version, I did manage to find a good price on the batteries, themselves.  Is $0.25ea. (plus shipping) too much (MSRP $3.99)?

With a bit of effort, I was finally able to locate the shrinkwrapped btteries used in the Guardian Beacon.  They retail at $1.35 per dual-battery set (plus shipping).

As fate would have it, this is also a website from which you may purchase accssories for your Guardian, including visible spectrum and clear lens IR versions.  If you're looking for magnetic bases, spare belt clips, velcro straps, velcro with plastic clip, dog collar straps, head straps, bike attachments, or trip wire options, perhaps it's worth a look.

Guardian Beacon Accessories

ETA : Have contacted the company for details of the accessories listed but not shown.
ETA : Clear lens IR beacons have been discontinued due to confusion with white (visible spectrum) Guardian Lights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I now have images of the Bike Mount, Universal Mount, Water Activated, and Trip Wire accessories, if someone would care to host them for me.  My account doesn't have file server priviledges.

ETA : The "water activated" model is apparently not an attachment, but an additional model.  Will post the price and part number, here, as it is not listed on the Kerif website.  I have a small image of it, but not the ability to post it here.  Once I've acquired one for testing, I'll post whether it actually is adaptable to existing Guardians.  The interest being the creation of an IR water activated beacon.

Am also looking to acquire some form of list from this vendor of other items not mentioned on their website.  If successful, I'll see what can be done to get it onto ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Of course, if you really must have the ITT VIP Dual Function Beacon -- and don't mind the $108 price tag -- you can get it from this vendor : eBinoculars.com

"Provides the steady and flashing infrared signals of the standard IR Beacon, but also produces a steady source of visible light."
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Am also looking to acquire some form of list from this vendor of other items not mentioned on their website.  If successful, I'll see what can be done to get it onto ARFCOM.

Better than a bulky list, I hope.

Most of the products not listed on our website are restricted to Military or Law Enforcement, so the need for website access is limited.
If you or someone else is unable to get the answers they need from our website, you are more than welcome to call us at (702) 324-6463.
If we don't carry what you're looking for, we'll try to point you in the right direction.
We carry a large array of products that are Night Vision or Tactically related, so please feel free to pick our brains.
Thank you for considering KERIF Night Vision.

Ken Frank
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

My order out of their first inventory is estimated to ship on 28 April.

Delivery was made today for my supply of IR sticks.  I look forward to testing them using the MUM^2.  According to Nicaboyne, these should now be a regular stocking item.  Don't forget to tell them you saw the referral on ARFCOM.

ETA : From there, we will keep infrared sticks as a standard stock item.

Sincerely,

Jim Busby
Owner/President
Nicaboyne, Inc.
phone: (847)845-3847
fax: (815)455-1197
Link Posted: 5/30/2006 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2006 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top