Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 7:14:29 AM EDT
I am planning on putting folders and a flash suppressor on my Mini-14's (one blued, one SS).  I've found these two sites for them:

1) Brownell's: www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6059

Anyone have experience with this type?

2) Gunaccessories.com: www.gunaccessories.com/Mini1430/index.asp

Anyone have experience with these types?  Do you prefer the Mini-14 Flash Hider ie. M14 style or the Mini-14 Combo Flash Hider?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]

I have this one with they bayonet lug on it on my Mini-14

I picked it up a couple of years back from Gunaccessories.com  Works great
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.gunaccessories.com/Flash_Hiders/lug.jpg

I have this one with they bayonet lug on it on my Mini-14

I picked it up a couple of years back from Gunaccessories.com  Works great

Can you put it on yourself or does it require a gunsmith?  Have you put a bayonnet on as well?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
These FH's come with a roll pin that replaces the original.  You can do this yourself.

Another (and one I have) was made by Ramline, similar in shape to the M16A2 FH.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Several years ago I had one of the Federal Ordnance M-14 style front sight/ flash suppressor combo units and loved it.

I recently tried a couple of the Choate units and have grown quite fond of them as they are shorter/ handier than the M-14 style but either model is a large improvement on the Ruger front sight at a minimum plus they sure do look better.

Link for the Choate unit as listed previously by RAF:                                       http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index6&title_bar=Mini%2014%20Recoil%20Compensator%20Cage%20Blue&Manufacturer=&recordno=1&Product_CatalogID=343&ProductNumber=070712&ProductCode=54&NewProduct=0
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread the barrel 1/2 x 28.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Keith, does the Choate unit use the same roll pin hole as the stock front sight?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I have  the Choate model on mine and have for some time. The first one I tried was Eagle arms one and it was crap.  Within  a few weeks the front  sight broke off.  It's plastic.  The Choate FH is all steel  very tough and somewhat helps accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top