Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2005 3:20:38 PM EDT
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but with the AWB sunset, will the SPAS 15 be available for import to the US?
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, fricken no. The 89 import ban is still in place.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The 89 ban is still in place, plus they cracked down on cool shotguns.  Wasn't the SPAS-15 declared a destructive device along with the Street Sweeper and USAS-12?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
So what exactly does the 89 import ban cover?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Any foreign-made firearm that is deemed "unsporting".

The only reason AK variants are allowed to be imported is that the importers add enough US-made parts to the rifles for them to be considered domestic, not foreign.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason AK variants are allowed to be imported is that the importers add enough US-made parts to the rifles for them to be considered domestic, not foreign.

I thought they were ok because they use US made recievers and US parts. Any parts kit rifle still needs to have the US part count.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The SPAS is not classified as a destructive device. You won't see any new ones however. The Stryker and USAS were deemed DD's because of the detachable magazines, being semi auto, and a few other things. SPAS usually go for around $1K.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The SPAS is not classified as a destructive device. You won't see any new ones however. The Stryker and USAS were deemed DD's because of the detachable magazines, being semi auto, and a few other things. SPAS usually go for around $1K.

he said spas 15, not spas 12.

edited to add

he said this

not this

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought they were ok because they use US made recievers and US parts. Any parts kit rifle still needs to have the US part count.

The imported SAR-series AK rifles still use the original Romanian receivers. US-made parts are added to be 922(r) compliant. The '89 import restriction only covers foreign firearms. If you remove enough foreign parts from any firearm and replace them with domestic parts, then the '89 import restriction no longer applies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he said spas 15, not spas 12.

edited to add

he said this

www.army.lt/guns/gallery/F08.jpg

not this

www.rolemancer.ru/sections/91/spas2.jpg

I knew that.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I want the USAS, SPAS 12 would be cool too...(SPAS 15 = IMO)

Valtro shotguns regularly go for around $300-$400 and facilitate a detachable magazine also...made in Italy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw a pair of SPAS 15's at the last Indy 1500 show.  They were pretty cool looking firearms, but damn they were pricy.  $7k for the pair IIRC.  But the lak of spare parts and the rarity of the mags leave me to believe that you'd be better off with a different shotty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top