BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2005 3:00:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the images.  Very cool.  But is anyone else puzzled by the accompanying cartoon/illustrations?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
sweet!

so when is the civ version coming out?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice......they still kinda ugly though.

Mmmmm full auto goodness..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
OOHHHH!!! I love it!!! FN Rocks!! When can I buy it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OOHHHH!!! I love it!!! FN Rocks!! When can I buy it?

US Army Special Operations Command

United States Army Special Forces

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]

i like me some full auto
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF? Are you kidding me? 13.78" barrel?

Looks very nice though, I wonder if reliability is any good. I'll save my money for one of these if they are hitting the market. Forget the XM8.

ETA: They dropped the 3rd burst. Hmm. Darn. ALways liked that.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Looks very nice though, I wonder if reliability is any good. I'll save my money for one of these if they are hitting the market. Forget the XM8.

Ben

Nicely said.  Forget the XM8.  Maybe some day, FN will get some recognition on here.  The deserve their own pistol section for example
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Yea, I don't get the idea of that barrel length either. Getting rid of the 3 shot burst was a good decision, IMHO.

13.38" = 35 cm.  Nice, round number in the metric world.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great.....except for that butt-stock on the black version.....it looks like a damn mermaid tail!

The desert stock looks alright.

Moving the 40mm trigger right under the rifles trigger is pretty cool too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I gotta have the HB!  Its an FN, FAL mags, and 7.62 NATO, whats not to like!?!?!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#14]
They should make part of the procurement agreement to be that the factory is set up in America so the civie versions can be made and distributed here too.. mmm.. SCAR goodness...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh to have a SCAR-H
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
sweet!

Probably none too soon.  FN doesn't pay too much attention to the civilian market, they're even discontinuing production of the BHP.  Shame really, I would have loved an FN-manufactured AR.  I always heard good things about the A2s they made when they had the DoD contract.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Group Buy?????
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sweet!

Probably none too soon.  FN doesn't pay too much attention to the civilian market, they're even discontinuing production of the BHP.  Shame really, I would have loved an FN-manufactured AR.  I always heard good things about the A2s they made when they had the DoD contract.

Are you talking about the same FN that is opening a factory in the USA for the civilian PS-90 and FS-2000?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sweet!

how is FN not paying attention to the civ market?  we are getting the PS90, the FS2000, they kept the FiveseveN around after a media smear that would have had the elves of the black forest(hk) crapping their pants.  the same FN that just brought us a really nice precision rifle?

either you are smoking something stronger than tobacco or you are thinking of HK

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#21]
fugly, but i'd still get one!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Oh to have a SCAR-H

im curious lumpy, why an H?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sweet!

how is FN not paying attention to the civ market?  we are getting the PS90, the FS2000, they kept the FiveseveN around after a media smear that would have had the elves of the black forest(hk) crapping their pants.  the same FN that just brought us a really nice precision rifle?

either you are smoking something stronger than tobacco or you are thinking of HK

elves of the black forest(hk)  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh to have a SCAR-H

I would like to have one as a more modern replacement to the FAL..  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh to have a SCAR-H

Because Im satisfied with the AR platform in 5.56.

However, a RELIBABLE, SHORT 7.62 NATO gun with AR ergonomics is lacking.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I gotta have the HB!  Its an FN, FAL mags, and 7.62 NATO, whats not to like!?!?!

It's stubby-assed Barrel? I don't feel like going blind and deaf at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's stubby-assed Barrel? I don't feel like going blind and deaf at the same time.

Well IF it hits the civilian market, you're 100% guaranteed it'll have a 16" barrel.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#28]
FWIW-

Last I heard, both the SCAR "L" and "H" will be released commercially around late 2006 or early 2007.

-DmL
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]
tag.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:12:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#31]
sweet weapon, had a friend show some specs on it.  i really like the scar-h.
too bad for me it's just a passing dream. caught behind the lines in the peoples republic.  didn't care too much for the forend/bi-pod thingy  wtf?  over. but the barrel releases with 4 bolts , iirc. had a couple of beers , and was checking it out with my tactical guiness beer gogles on. like the coyote color to. stock is collapseable ,foldable and has a adjustable cheek thingy.  

wow !!

meat
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
...the barrel releases with 4 bolts , iirc...

4 bolts???  That's what secures the bbl. in the upper receiver? You'd think a big firm could've been a bit more innovative. How many mean rounds between bbl. re-tightening?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

4 bolts???  That's what secures the bbl. in the upper receiver? You'd think a big firm could've been a bit more innovative. How many mean rounds between bbl. re-tightening?

im no expert on this subject.  should've paid a lil more attention to the specs, rather than the hooters girls..
and my next beer.  i'm sure someone who knows will chime in soon as they see this thread.

i really,really,really like the scar-h though.. gives me the warm fuzzies .

meat
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just use locktite
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#35]
"But, but, but, it's only gotten this far because of politicians."

"But, but, but, what about the XM8 which is the surefire replacement for the M16/M4."

"But, but, but, it's all rumors that FN sells any firearm to the public."

"But, but, but, it's no better than the M4."

"But, but, but, it looks like a fish and that makes it inadequate for battle."

I've seen alot of excuses, and it seems the only people not making any are the folks at FN.

If anyone has any proof that this weapon is incapable, being politically pushed, or is propaganda in any way, please prove it. Alot of people are talking about how it has no future and it's only supported by politicians. But with out proof, it's just a speculative opinion. SOCOM made their decision. Until it's officially dumped or picked up in larger numbers, I won't reguard any opinions as fact.

Sorry, I've read too much BS from people who have something to say but no way to back it. With that said, I'll take a SCAR-H. I really hope FN does eventually transfer the SCAR to the civilian segment.

ETA: I also just noticed that's a SOCOM ad, and not FN.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"But, but, but, it's only gotten this far because of politicians."

"But, but, but, what about the XM8 which is the surefire replacement for the M16/M4."

"But, but, but, it's all rumors that FN sells any firearm to the public."

"But, but, but, it's no better than the M4."

"But, but, but, it looks like a fish and that makes it inadequate for battle."

I've seen alot of excuses, and it seems the only people not making any are the folks at FN.

If anyone has any proof that this weapon is incapable, being politically pushed, or is propaganda in any way, please prove it. Alot of people are talking about how it has no future and it's only supported by politicians. But with out proof, it's just a speculative opinion. SOCOM made their decision. Until it's officially dumped or picked up in larger numbers, I won't reguard any opinions as fact.

Sorry, I've read too much BS from people who have something to say but no way to back it. With that said, I'll take a SCAR-H. I really hope FN does eventually transfer the SCAR to the civilian segment.

ETA: I also just noticed that's a SOCOM ad, and not FN.

once again , my friend , tells me it will be available to the public first.  i'll see if i can get him to chime in on this thread. he can prolly answer all yer questions. seems that the gov't likes all the lil neat modifications the civies have been coming up with for the m4. guess it's less money they have spend on r&d themselves... hold on paging him now....

meat
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#37]
It looks good to me. If a civilian version id offered, I'll buy one.

Hell, I'll GET BOTH.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just use locktite

Havent heard ONE LMT MRP user complain about problems with their barrel held in by TWO bolts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Havent heard ONE LMT MRP user complain about problems with their barrel held in by TWO bolts.

I wasn't being serious

Locktite defeats the purpose of a QC barrel system, to say nothing of being unnecessary.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't being serious

Locktite defeats the purpose of a QC barrel system, to say nothing of being unnecessary.

I was talking about Master Blaster.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I wonder why Crane would put out internal ads if FN is going to market it to the public first.

I too heard that the SCAR is going to be very cheap to manufacture but very stout. I'm going to drop an e-mail to FN and see if they'll publicly admit a civilian SCAR yet. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#43]
*Wishes olds442tyguy luck*

There you go buddy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Read the brochure carefully.

Under Monolithic Rail and Frame...It says "The lower rail is attached to the barrel, and is changed when a barrel is changed'...

WTF???

That means the barrel IS NOT free floating!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Looks great.....except for that butt-stock on the black version.....it looks like a damn mermaid tail!

The desert stock looks alright.

I think if you look closely you will see that it is an adjustable cheek piece.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone heard of projected MSRP? I hope it is in line or cheaper than the FS2000.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't being serious

I was talking about Master Blaster.

Yeah, it's true - I'm an A-hole.

FWIW, I too, am down w/ the SCAR-H. As to the bbl-receiver interface, I'm sure it works fine.  Problem is, I've been corrupted by Paul L-W's excellent bbl. cam lever interlocking system. Has to be the best thing going in terms of QC bbl. systems.  I was hoping FN would've also had something going in that flavor.  In any case, that heavy just plain rocks.  FAL mags.  16" bbl.  ambi-everything...

Been trying out w/ "Ghost Recon: Summit Strike" on my box, which features/simulates the SCAR-L & -H (among other toys), & so now I've gotta sample the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Read the brochure carefully.

Under Monolithic Rail and Frame...It says "The lower rail is attached to the barrel, and is changed when a barrel is changed'...

WTF???

That means the barrel IS NOT free floating!

Yeah, it does say that.  I'm hoping that's a mis-print.  Doesn't make sense, nor does it appear that way.  If true, then replacement barrels could be somewhat expensive. It can't be...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#49]
scar-h: if they make them i will buy it.  i think fn makes pretty guns...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#50]
I have it on good authority that FN will be releasing a civie version of both the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO versions of the SCAR sometime late next year.

And I see somebody has already mentioned this.......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top