Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/6/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT
Mark my words.  

Once the nay sayers and "the ar gas system is the best" homos get a chance to shoot the SCAR they will eat their words.

Trust me.  

Yes this is very like.  But like I said.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Who?  What?  Pie?  Zombies?

We need details!  You get a chance to try out the SCAR or what?

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
this thread is worthless without pics
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting.  Impatiently.  Particularly for the -H.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I demand answers, who told you!?!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I got to try the Scar H  and L out quite a bit. I definately liked the hitting power of the H alot better. Tango's went down with one shot with the H where the L sometimes took several.
Of course you guy's probably don't care about my Ghost Recon experiences on Xbox with the Scar.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#6]
OK......
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I care,i love ghost recon, just picked up summit strike,it ROCKS!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
So you got to shoot the FN ARM rifle(s)?

Good stuff. How about some more detail of how they shoot and their features, as I love to hearing about these rifles. How was the stock? Did it feel sturdy? Good and easy adjustments? Good trigger? How was the balance? What barrel length did you get to try out? Any idea of accuracy?

Cool stuff and I hope FN's plans to sell to civilians aren't ruined by the liberals.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Indiana - You near Bloomington - maybe NSWC is shaking these things down -  eh?

Luck
Alac

BTW you bastards have all the fun
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yah the scar rocks but I like the A2 shrike in that game a little better. What is your gamertag?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yah the scar rocks but I like the A2 shrike in that game a little better. What is your gamertag?

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm on dial-up so no online gaming for me. Usually just a few buddies using the system link.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got to try the Scar H  and L out quite a bit. I definately liked the hitting power of the H alot better. Tango's went down with one shot with the H where the L sometimes took several.
Of course you guy's probably don't care about my Ghost Recon experiences on Xbox with the Scar.

the SCAR H was my second fav weapon my fav is still the M29 OICW
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I supposed to know what you are saying?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm on dial-up so no online gaming for me. Usually just a few buddies using the system link.

That sucks. Live is the only way to play with 12- 16 person teams.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks. Live is the only way to play with 12- 16 person teams.[/quote

Yeah SBC sucks in my area.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Mark my words.  

Once the nay sayers and "the ar gas system is the best" homos get a chance to shoot the SCAR they will eat their words.

Trust me.  

What does the FN SCAR use for a system? Blowback?

Gas operated is the best system available. Felt recoil is decreased and it's a more accurate action. It is also more reliable than blowback and recoil operated actions in that there are less moving parts. Plus the gas operated system can handle any caliber with ease. Even the .50BMG.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark my words.  

Trust me.  

Gas operated is the best system available. Felt recoil is decreased and it's a more accurate action. It is also more reliable than blowback and recoil operated actions in that there are less moving parts. Plus the gas operated system can handle any caliber with ease. Even the .50BMG.

Dude, I think he means that the SCAR uses a traditional operating rod type system, as oppsoed the AR's direct gas straight into the bolt carrier design,

As for the rest of this thread - what the FUCK are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark my words.  

Trust me.  

Dude, I think he means that the SCAR uses a traditional operating rod type system, as oppsoed the AR's direct gas straight into the bolt carrier design,

+1, I'm pretty confused with everything other than the FN SCAR discussion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Well a SF buddy of mine keeps telling me how they love the new HK 416 rifle.

I asked him about the SCAR at church and he said...whats a SCAR????

The AR platform might just be around after all.

FREE
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

FREE

As in Army SF (i.e., an ODA)?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark my words.  

Trust me.  

IIRC the SCAR (now ARM) uses a gas tappet system, reminiscent of the M1 carbine.  I would think this would work well with the design requirements for interchangable barrels.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Are they making a version of the SCAR available to US civilians?  If so, any idea when it will be released or what the price will be?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FREE

What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#27]
The civilian ARM rifle will be released in 2007. I'm guessing production will already be perfected by the time we see it.

As for the 416, I honestly don't see it having a large future. It's an expensive foreign manufactured upper. It may see use with small groups, but I highly doubt it's capable of wide spread use. (IE; Adding time to the M16's life line as general issue)

I need to play this game so I can say I shot a ARM-H.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FREE

What do you think?

The reason I ask is beacuse there is an ODA that will be receiving L-W weapons and I figured it's pretty ironic; one ODA with an HK piston system rifle and another ODA with an L-W piston system rifle.

Hence, whey I asked if by SF he meant an ODA, as opposed to any other SOF.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#29]
spoke to a gentleman at FN today....says that civilian scar version is IN THE WORKS not final yet as they have to go through a bunch of crap with ATF but if they do decide to put one out it will be in a yr or so.......the SCAR H and L are in there final productions as they wanted the rifle to be lighter than what it weights in at(ideal goal is 8 to 9 pounds for the SCAR H) and it will be taking FAL mags...just thought I would pass it on
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
spoke to a gentleman at FN today....says that civilian scar version is IN THE WORKS

not final yet as they have to go through a bunch of crap with ATF but if they do decide to put one out it will be in a yr or so.......

the SCAR H and L are in there final productions as they wanted the rifle to be lighter than what it weights in at(ideal goal is 8 to 9 pounds for the SCAR H)

and it will be taking FAL mags...

just thought I would pass it on

Thanks!

ETA:  I really want to know if they will be making a "recce" type upper with a longer handguard/rail...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks grkred for the update. I am waiting patiently for this. Going to get the XCR, PS90, and probably the FS2000 to hold me over.  I hope they make both the L and H available to us civies.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea Army Special Forces

I dont get into what ODA he is in etc, its none of my buisness.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FREE

What do you think?

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#33]
yea been wanting the xcr myself but robarms is starting to piss me off now....keep pushing shipping dates back, the thing was supposed to be ready in Jan....im thinking I WILL NOT be buying now...dont want another 223 rifle, 6.8 is way to expensive and in my eyes will never take off, and the 7.62x39 conversion wont accept ak mags(will most likely be made by robarms so expect 40 to 50 dollar mags...screw that)  im going to go with a krebs custom KTR-03S in 7.62x39, already have my FAL and I guess wait for the SCAR to one day hit the shelves untill then I will be perfectly happy with those 2 rifles,my cheap mags,my cheap ammo, and practice practice practice
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yea Army Special Forces

I dont get into what ODA he is in etc, its none of my buisness.

FREE

Thanks for clearing that up.  I wasn't asking what ODA he is in, just if he was Army SF (hence the "ODA, etc...") as opposed to Rangers or other SOF.

Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Still no pics?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#36]
hey guys here is another bit of info I got today...called DSA(heard DSA was going to be in charge of making the AUG here in the states) and asked about the styer AUG 3 that is supposably coming out...was told yes it WILL happen but the project has been put on hold for the time being...so look out for that or call DSA and ask more :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Does this thing have a .....side folding stock?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]
if someone ims with there email address I can send a pic of what the SCAR H looks like now closer to its final stages and you guys can post it.....sorry dont know how to post pics on here
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#39]

I found this on another site.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#40]
You may see the 416 being used in small quatities for an interm fix to the M4, but due to procurement laws it can not be sole sourced for procurment.  The whole SCAR or Army rifle competions would have to be re-competed (a lot of time and money)

If HK hadn't been dorking around with XM8 or in litigation with Colt they would have submitted to the SCAR competion.  They are just trying to make up for piss poor judgement now with snake oil salesmen and flashy behind the scenes propoganda.  just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#41]
oh yeah.  you arm chair commandos with all your ghost recon game bullshit, take it to another thread and stop hi-jacking this one.

dorks
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought he was talking down the gas operated systems in general in the initial post. I know next to nothing about the FN SCAR and was under the impression for whatever reason that it may have ran on a simlilar principle as some HK's.

Now that I did some searching I found:

The FN SCAR rifles all based on the well proven 5.56mm FN FNC assault rifle. In all variants FN SCAR rifles feature gas operated, short stroke piston action with rotating bolt locking. Improved action has Kalashnikov AK-type bolt with two large locking lugs and fixed ejector. This system apparently is less sensitive to fine sand, dust and any other fouling inside the receiver, than any system with M16-type multi-lug bolt and plunger-type ejector.

I know, do some research before posting...

Sounds like it could have quite a bit of potential indeed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I thought he was talking down the gas operated systems in general in the initial post. I know next to nothing about the FN SCAR and was under the impression for whatever reason that it may have ran on a simlilar principle as some HK's.

The FN SCAR rifles all based on the well proven 5.56mm FN FNC assault rifle. In all variants FN SCAR rifles feature gas operated, short stroke piston action with rotating bolt locking. Improved action has Kalashnikov AK-type bolt with two large locking lugs and fixed ejector. This system apparently is less sensitive to fine sand, dust and any other fouling inside the receiver, than any system with M16-type multi-lug bolt and plunger-type ejector.

That technical description is incorrect and that false information has been perpetuated as fact in several noted firerarms publications.  For an accurate description of the FN SCAR, I suggest you take a look at the Small Arms Review evaluation and technical description of the FN SCAR.

For one thing, the FN SCAR does NOT have a two lugged bolt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yeah, and it has an adjustable LOP and an adjustable cheek-piece. I know, really sucks, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That technical description is incorrect and that false information has been perpetuated as fact in several noted firerarms publications.  For an accurate description of the FN SCAR, I suggest you take a look at the Small Arms Review evaluation and technical description of the FN SCAR.
For one thing, the FN SCAR does NOT have a two lugged bolt.

+1  Some people, either through rumint or assumption, thought that the SCAR was an FNC variant - it's not.

An unexpected element of the FN SCAR's design is the use of a Stoner-style multi lug bolt that locks into a barrel extension.

.... In contrast, the SCAR uses an adaptaton of "Carbine" Williams' gas tappet to kick the bolt carrier rearward.

Small Arms Review July 2005
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
img.photoamp.com/i/sBZCV.jpg

So the ejection port is on the left on this one. Makes sense since the stock folds to the righ and would block it.

It's this a lefty specific or a standard config?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I suppose the real question is, will Al Pacino use the SCAR in "Heat 2" ?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photoamp.com/i/sBZCV.jpg

So the ejection port is on the left on this one. Makes sense since the stock folds to the righ and would block it.

It's this a lefty specific or a standard config?

No, it only ejects to the right, but you can change the charging handle to either side.  The spent cases do not hit the stock when it is folded.   The stock blocks nothing.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and it has an adjustable LOP and an adjustable cheek-piece. I know, really sucks, doesn't it?

Sorry, I was thinking of the Robarm version.  I think it has a tubular folding metal stock.

The rifle pictured above looks nice.  7.62?

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#50]
The picture above is the SCAR-H. It is 7.62x51. The SCAR-L is 5.56. The L uses AR mags and the H uses Fal mags. There are several caliber conversions in the work for the SCAR series. The SCAR-H will be adaptable to 7.62x39 using AK mags. Do a search there is a ton of information available on these.  Cant wait until these see production.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top