Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2006 3:42:09 AM EDT
OK so maybe I've posted this in the wrong place but I didn't know where else to do it.

Living in northern arizona has a lot of advantages, fire season not being one of them, but a good supply of new guns in the stores isn't one of them.  So when a local store has a FN FS2000 in stock they have to be readily available.

I read the article in, I think, the current American Rifleman.  I still don't understand how the fired cases come out the front of the gun without jamming up.  BUT that isn't my main question.  

My question is, is this gun worth the price?  If you think so, what does it offer that a Bushmaster can not do everybit as well?
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Objectively no it isn't worth the price and a Bushy will do everything you want to do.  Having said that it is the coolest new concept to come out in a long time and I'm going to get one.  2K is alot of scrach though so it's going to be a while.  

There is one advantage the FS2000 has over a Bushy and that is it's about the same size as a Bushy M4 with the butstock closed all the way.
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I assumed that if these were in the Flagstaff Arizona gunstores that they were everywhere but apparently that isn't true.

Just got off the phone with a big distributor.  They haven't seen any and do not expect to for some considerable period.  Distributor price is suppose to be around $1700.

But the distributor did say that a few had come in via CDNN.  CDNN isn't where you'd expect to find these particularly when they first show up.  But somehow they got them.  Might be worth calling to see if they still have any.
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]

OK so maybe I've posted this in the wrong place but I didn't know where else to do it.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=2

Cheers

Link Posted: 6/26/2006 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm withholding judgement until I hold, fondle, and grope one myself. If it feels good and it can go without cleaning I might get one.

Link Posted: 6/26/2006 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm withholding judgement until I hold, fondle, and grope one myself. If it feels good and it can go without cleaning I might get one.

It feels real good.  I wanted one until I got to hold one in person now I really want one!
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
*drool*
I want....  fsck the price  
Link Posted: 6/26/2006 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2006 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruffs Firearms in Flagstaff Arizona has several of these, if anyone is interested.  Right at $2400.  Apparently they are getting them at the rate of four to six a month.  How they arranged that is beyond me because the large distributor I called hadn't seen any yet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2006 4:18:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ruffs Firearms in Flagstaff Arizona has several of these, if anyone is interested.  Right at $2400.  Apparently they are getting them at the rate of four to six a month.  How they arranged that is beyond me because the large distributor I called hadn't seen any yet.

Distributor price is rumored to be around $1600. If so, that's a $800 markup for 1 rifle. The PS90 was selling for as much as $3000 when it first came out, but its market price/value is around $1400-$1500 now, only $100-$200 over wholesale price. Wait longer and the FS2000 prices should drop. Also, FN is fixing a few of the disconnectors on the earlier FS2000 releases.
Link Posted: 6/28/2006 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Megasports in Plainfield, IL has four (4) FS200's in stock as of last week and a PS90 to boot.  The FS2000's were priced at $2049+tax.  I did not check the price on the PS90.

Another store, GAT Guns in West Dundee, IL had one for $2079 IIRC.  Rumor had it that particular gun was a special order and the buyer couldn't pony up all the funds when it showed up. It sold in three days after it was put up on the rack for 'open sale.'  

Link Posted: 6/28/2006 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
i think these are cool rifles. They are ALOT of money and they truly feel like toys from Toy Shop. I haven't had a chance to shoot one, just play.  They shoulder so damn quick, yet the irons sights look like they could break off?

Haven't used them yet though with live rounds....

I think the rifle with a cut down barrel would be very cool..
Link Posted: 6/28/2006 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Moving the topic I understand.  But why was one of my postings edited out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top