Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2006 3:57:50 PM EDT
OK so I probably didn't put this in the right place.

Beretta announced a while back a variation of their 9mm carbine chambered in 223.  Don't think that it is out yet.  Still, anyone know anything about this gun?
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll say the words that are never spoken....Kel-Tec SU-16!

Link Posted: 9/19/2006 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would not call this thing an "AR-alternative"!

Thats cause its an "arternative".

Ha   Ha   Ha. (sarcasm laugh if ya didnt pick up on it)

Sorry

If the price was right, I'd pick one up just for shits and grins.

I WELCOME all types of 5.56 based weapons.  My SHTF will remain my AR's, but rifles like this would be fun, different, and would keep my AR's barrels nice and shiney.

Eventually I'd like to pick up an FS2000, XCR, and perhaps one of these.

Scott

Did you know that CDNN is selling the FN FS2000 for $1900?  That is what the major distributors are selling them for to dealers.  CDNN also has the other little FN carbine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry

I WELCOME all types of 5.56 based weapons.  My SHTF will remain my AR's, but rifles like this would be fun, different, and would keep my AR's barrels nice and shiney.

Scott

Did you know that CDNN is selling the FN FS2000 for $1900?  That is what the major distributors are selling them for to dealers.  CDNN also has the other little FN carbine.

Yeah, I'm going to wait a while, and see if the price comes down as they become more common.  I'm in no hurry, and frankly thats quite a bit of money for something like that.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
It's called the RX-4.....

I give it a big "meh." Another piston-driven AR-alternative.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Shoots 5.56/.223 from a 30 round mag.  It's semi-auto, and available with a million accessories.  Sounds like a viable alternative to me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sorry

Scott
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
ANY design that can circumvent Cailfornia's AWB is a good thing, although I've seen $900+ dollars quoted for the RX-4.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe that it uses AR mags too.  Maybe use HK maritime mags?
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]
That's beyond ugly...it's FUGLY!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not asthetically pleasing, but... big but here, it's probably going to be the best answer for a conventional type .223 carbine.

The mini-14 doesn't live up well, and I'm really eyeballing that non-pistol grip stock on the RX4... mmm... I may just have to test one out when it becomes available.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
This weapon is also more time-consuming to field strip.  To field strip, you must remove some type of nut beneath the barrel, and then slide the fore-grip forward off the gun.  Next, you must unscrew part of the gas system which allows the upper and lower receivers come apart.  Seems alot more difficult than popping a cross pin. A semi-field strip can be done wherein the trigger group drops out (i think) to let dirt fall out.

I do like the gas system though, although not as much as the Leitner-Wise system which is my favorite.

The looks don't bother me.  It is, after all, a tool.

BTW, I may have the field stripping instructions wrong, but I am almost positive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's not asthetically pleasing, but... big but here, it's probably going to be the best answer for a conventional type .223 carbine.

The mini-14 doesn't live up well, and I'm really eyeballing that non-pistol grip stock on the RX4... mmm... I may just have to test one out when it becomes available.

I think there's one like that already. It's been on the market for awhile, but the name escapes me...I think there's even somesort of internet site dedicated to it. Bah! Maybe the name will come to me eventually..........
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish Kel Tec would make something like that. One that doesn't fold in half.

I'd buy it if the price was right. *shrug*

Its different and as a civilian shooter I think different is neat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2006 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the mag fall out now and then?
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah, what he said. A 5.56 rifle that is modular, accepts AR mags, features a pistol grip, accessory rails and is black is no alternative to the AR.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, and Beretta just produces junk too...

I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Being the huge benelli fan that I am, and seeing that the RX4 is in reality a re-cloaked benelli R1 in .223, I would buy one as soon as they are available. Benelli, imo, makes some of the best guns on the planet, and these should be no different. Should be uber reliable, need cleaning once every 12 years, and just as accurate as a standard AR. Oddly, I prefer it's looks with the standard stock.

Anyone have any idea on when, or if they will be available state side? I see they are already available over seas
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Being the huge benelli fan that I am, and seeing that the RX4 is in reality a re-cloaked benelli R1 in .223, I would buy one as soon as they are available. Benelli, imo, makes some of the best guns on the planet, and these should be no different. Should be uber reliable, need cleaning once every 12 years, and just as accurate as a standard AR. Oddly, I prefer it's looks with the standard stock.

Anyone have any idea on when, or if they will be available state side? I see they are already available over seas

Now that was useful.  Looked the R1 up.  You certainly were right!

Called Beretta.  That took a while.  On about the 6th try, however, I got ahold of someone and asked when this gun was going to be available.  They had no clue.  Available in europe but not here.  Maybe next year.

I asked IF it was going to be available here.  That answer was yes but they had no idea when.  Didn't sound like 2006 would be the year.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#20]
yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#21]
If they could make it with that collapsing stock for the civillian market I'd buy one.

But that's unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/NickHugelarge/rx4.gif

I like it, lol.

May be available with the collapsing stock, hard to tell. If FN can get away with importing the SCAR with a collapsing/folding stock, beretta should be able to as well. Then again, the SCAR ain't here yet either, lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
First I'll say I love to see all these new rifles coming out. But is one is not my cup of coffee. With choices like Sig 556, XCR, FS2000, PS90 or another AR or FAL (and you had better have at least 1 AR before you buy one of these) why buy this one. If it is the cost I would recommend saving up longer.
I want to see the Glock Carbine!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2006 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/NickHugelarge/rx4.gif

I like it, lol.

I like it as well. I think that there is a regretable shortage of straight stocked rifles. This configuration is fairly PC. I will probably pick one up at some point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2006 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Ive got a Beretta AR70 and its built like a tank. If this thing is built half as well Id buy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top