Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:06:00 PM EDT
Just wondering why that thread about the US made AUG-type rifles got locked.  Anyone know?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
overzealous gungho mod.....2-3 post before the lock they said it was an info thread they were not trying to sell in the tech forum.

they did it to mfingar a few days ago,  locking his sopmod poster INFO thread. He  had a sales thread for them in the EE. the info thread was just that....FYI for the masses.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally saw no reason to lock that thread. There was nothing for sale there as was stated. There is a new product coming out and some info was posted about it. This guy saw that alot of people on here continually talk about wanting an AUG so he posted some INFO about one that will be out in the future. Way to welcome him.

Why haven't any of the SCAR or SIG 556 threads been locked?

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, would have been nice to follow the development a little more...I mean we talk about the BIG guys' development of weapons like the FN SCAR and SIG 556 all the time in here.  

Not like he gave us a price, a website, or in any way, shape, or form did anything that would help one of us buy any rifle or part.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Why haven't any of the SCAR or SIG 556 threads been locked?

Yeah!

The two threads were good.

TPD's AUG had more or less taken over the AUGA3 thread, but it wasn't a for sale either (hell, TPD brought PJ's Aug to our attention).
People were asking about the rifle so PJ came over and started a thread with info and so he could answer our questions.

Now our questions about TPD's rifle and PJ's rifle are getting all mixed together. Two seperate threads would've been better. One for each rifle, as they are, to my knowledge two guns (one takes AUG mags, one takes AR15 mags)

Shit, PJ said he'd buy an Industry tag when they started selling. Goddamn hard for TPD and PJ to sell guns that haven't even been finished yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought that was out of line too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
even after the author said this about being an industry partner.....

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
Shouldn't you be an Industry Partner to be running an ad on the site?

TRG

Currently just informing the public, not selling.

Once we are ready to take orders we will team up.

Thanks,
Pete
"

he clearly stated he was not selling, just putting out the info as we all do. the mod said it was locked do to selling outside the EE. he clearly did not read the whole thread, as such if he doesnt have time to read the whole thing then maybe he doesnt have time to be a mod. just my .02

here is the link   ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=207829
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm hoping that this didn't piss this guy off enough to just say to hell with this site. I'm interested enough to search the whole net to see if I can find him somewhere else but I would rather not have to.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm hoping that this didn't piss this guy off enough to just say to hell with this site. I'm interested enough to search the whole net to see if I can find him somewhere else but I would rather not have to.

He's posted in the AUGA3 thread since the locking.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It's pissed me off too.

You cannot advertise and sell something that doesn't exist yet. CAN YOU HEAR ME MODS ????

Pete is well known in the AUG community and he gets his thread nuked in record time because a tool of a member goes and informs a mod  

It was just information and he said that he would join up with this bitch of a site when they were ready to sell their product.

Seems like AR15.com is becoming a little anti-gun to me  

I wouldn't blame him if he never posted here again for the shit that was pulled on him.  

Mods, ever take a look at the 14 page AUG thread below this one ???

Give me a break !   We are supposed to proliferate information for guns on this site. Ya know, help out the gun community, second amendment rights and all that.... everyone remember why we are here  

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, WTF over?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, I don't know what the mod was thinking, PJ gave no prices, no links to anywhere with prices, hell, the frickin' gun doesn't even exist yet technically, how could he have possibly been selling it?

MMK should unlock that thread and at least give a quick "sorry, my bad" to PJ in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]
that MOD needs not to be a MOD here plain and simple and I have a feeling about who ran and told about something that was really nothing  
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Who is  madman_kirk  anyway?

I thought the modlist in here was TREETOP, DBrewer842, and tattoo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
never mind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't say I fully understand the distinction you've made, in my mind neither of those things would make the thread an ad, but I don't make the rules or run the site.

It's my understanding that if there had been no E-mail address then the thead wouldn't have been locked, is that the case? That seems like a flimsy distinction to make. I guess it's a judgement call, albeit one which I don't fully understand.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
......We do NOT want to run anyone off, but we have to be fair to the advertisers who abide by the rules and PAY to be here.  The site has rules and they are enforced as fairly as possible.  That's the case here, nothing more.

The guy's thread is still visible, his account has not been locked, and the sun will rise in a few hours.  

Fair. Fair like taking advertising dollars from Trijicon, then allowing 1337 Tactifuckthegunindustry to sell TA01NSNs, Leupold Mk IV's, and Aimpoint knock-offs in the Optics Forum and EE? Talk about unfair, unjust, and plain fucking wrong. But hey, I do see the "fair" distinction between 1337 and the guy announcing an upcomming new weapon, 1337 is a paid dealer here. Rip off artist or not.

Not to say that is your decision TBK1, but somebody has a highly suspect sense of "fair" around here. Maybe that persons honest explanation of their version of "fair" should be posted around here so we know where the line is drawn. I for one will promise not to notice said line leads to their bank.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
My post from the rant thread in Team:

height=8
Quoted:
It was locked by order of EdAvilaSr.  This--
height=8
Please email any questions to>
[email protected]

. . . makes it an "ad."  

This--
height=8
Once we are ready to take orders we will team up.

. . . caused it to only be locked, rather than trashed, which removes it from public view.  

As quoted above, coming to this site solely to pimp items gratis is not allowed.  Thinly disguised "announcements" do not pass muster.  

ETA:  The reference to "as quoted above" refers to this, from the Conduct Code, which was posted by someone else:
height=8
Specific To Sales
1.) Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products in the forums (including siglines and titles) without prior approval from the site owners. (Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis.)

2.) Individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. (This includes links to auctions.)

Guys its my mistake for posting an email address.

Mods, the only reason I posted an email address was to forward info on the project, not to sell. We will not be selling anything until the rifle is ready to ship.

We are not ready to sell yet. I have not even disclosed the companies name or the rifles name yet. Will do when we get closer.

If you guys like I will keep posting progress on the project and i can share with you guys the birth of a new rifle in our industry.

Step by step.

Thanks for the support guys!!!

Pete/Pjs
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:38:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If you guys like I will keep posting progress on the project and i can share with you guys the birth of a new rifle in our industry.

Step by step.

Thanks for the support guys!!!

Pete/Pjs

Please keep us informed.  As you can see by this thread (and the aborted one), there is a lot of interest in you project!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, please keep us posted. I'm hoping you can make a version for us guys stuck behind the lines too. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#25]
These are the front barrel grip pins. They will be molded in the grip when the grips are shot.  

Pete/Pjs

http://steyr-aug.com/usagrippin.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#26]
10,000 long hammer pack pins

5,000 short hammer pack pins

Each hammer pack takes 3 long pins & 1 short pin

Behind have 60,000 rnds of current US military ammo for testing.

http://steyr-aug.com/usapins.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Who is  madman_kirk  anyway?

I thought the modlist in here was TREETOP, DBrewer842, and tattoo.

site staff.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]
PJ

Shot ya'll an email, but you might be swamped.

Is there going to be any provision for a scope like the "classic" 1.5X, or is it just the rail?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
In production now. Many of the items are under testing. Looking to deliver after the Shot Show.

Thanks,
Pete

When you say "deliver after Shot Show" are you referring to ones that will be pre-ordered before Shot Show or will ordering not even start until after Shot Show?

I just don't want to miss out on the first order list.

Thanks again for helping bring this rifle to the market.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there a name yet for this rifle?  You can't call it the AUG so what are you going to call it?  Just curious.  

Will the rail that you'll offer be similiar to the A3 in style?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Keep us informed...........I am interested in an AUG as well
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I think you should call it the AWG.  Or the maybe the HAUG.  AUGH?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Pete,

Do you have a proprietary rail solution in the works as well, or are you sticking with current offerings?

Justin
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
Pete,

Do you have a proprietary rail solution in the works as well, or are you sticking with current offerings?

Justin

Justin we have a new rail system for our USA made AUG style rifle.

I will be posting pics soon.

Pete
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pete,

Justin

Justin we have a new rail system for our USA made AUG style rifle.

I will be posting pics soon.

Pete

Looking forward to it, Pete.

Justin
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
PJ

Is there going to be any provision for a scope like the "classic" 1.5X, or is it just the rail?

If you really want the 1.5x scope, I will give you mine from my USR and you can put it on one of Kent's receivers. I have no use for it and will never use it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PJ

If you really want the 1.5x scope, I will give you mine from my USR and you can put it on one of Kent's receivers. I have no use for it and will never use it.

TPD is doing AR mags though.

I may end up getting a USR and just using these guy's parts to get it up to to the spec I want.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm looking at getting a bullpup and almost decided on the FN FS2000 but this definitely has snagged my interest.

One thing that I didn't catch was whether this would have a removable barrel? If so, are there plans/ideas/hallucinations on offering a 6.8 SPC barrel?

Thanks for having such faith in us to spend this time and capital on bringing a new offering to market.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
PJ

TPD is doing AR mags though.

I may end up getting a USR and just using these guy's parts to get it up to to the spec I want.

The mags are dependent on the stock, not the receiver. Kent's receiver will work with AUG mag stocks just fine, and since Pete is making US AUG mags compliance is a non-issue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The mags are dependent on the stock, not the receiver. Kent's receiver will work with AUG mag stocks just fine, and since Pete is making US AUG mags compliance is a non-issue.

So....I could buy a receiver from Kent, and a stock from Pete....
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bingo
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bingo

Well, there's a plan, even if I have to wait. Cheaper than buying a USR now, especially on a graduate student's budget (just got a tuition bill) Thanks for the advice STG77.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I love my FS and I want another bullpup. I want a Steyr A3 but it doesn't look like we will have a chance on one of those so I am really interested in these two US Augs. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Pete,

I understand that all the metal components in TPDSOT's AUG will be coated with a ceradyne ultra hard ceramic coating; do you plan on offering a similar coating on your AUG's?

Thanks.

Justin
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Hi Justin, keep an eye on Pjs  website for all updates and specs soon to be released.

Shamus
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey Pete,

I didn't know you guys were local.  May I ask, where in NY are you?

Justin

EDIT: Sorry Shamus, I thought you were Pete.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Pete,

Any more details on the scope? Is it a Swarovski 1.5X, or are you going with something else for the scope assembly?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#48]
What is the website?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What is the website?

www.pjs-steyraug.com/
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you sir.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top