Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 3:38:08 AM EDT

I saw in a thread here that SIG has allegedly sold 7,500 SIG 556s so far and these are apparently good sales figures.  So, for a major civilian EBR such as the Masada, XCR, SCAR-L, etc, what might be considered high sales?  Just how big is the market for fighting rifles?

Does anyone know how many AUG clones TPDUSA or MSAR hopes to sell in a year?  Or what TDI's projections are on the KRISS?  Just trying to get an idea of how big the market is here.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that if you knew the sales figures for the XCR you would have a better, more accurate measure of non-military, non-LE "high sales" quantities.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My dealer gets a publication that shows sales figures for all the major manufacturers.  Some (like Colt) are so low he wonders how they can possibly stay in business.  I think it's one of the sporting arms retailer association publications or small arms review.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of your info is here us production

and by long arm maufacturer here (2005 #'s) long guns

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
www.shootingindustry.com/Pages/SpecRep1.html

Here is a link to an article in 'shooting industry magazine".
www.shootingindustry.com.

The article is a synopsis of the eleven page report.  Go to the bottom of the page for a link to a PDF download of the entire article that lists top 25 US manufacturers as well as ALL sales of imports and exports for 2005 and 2006.  VERY interesting.  

As far as rifle sales, colt is #24 in the US, with Remington and Ruger taking #1 and #2!

What I missed was Barrett's total production.  If anyone knows, please inform me as well...

EBR sales are dominated by bushmaster and DPMS.  I jnust looked at it quick, enjoy!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Some (like Colt) are so low he wonders how they can possibly stay in business

Colt's money comes from MIL sales.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
ATF manufacturer reports are cool - no arguing with the numbers!

What do the Armalite fans think about them not even making it into the top 5 among AR producers? Yikes! Just about everyone built more than them. And this is 2 years old - I would bet that the 2007 report would be even more bleak...

Colt numbers do not reflect ANY of their Military production, otherwise they and FN would own the top 2 spots for AR manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My guess is that if you knew the sales figures for the XCR you would have a better, more accurate measure of non-military, non-LE "high sales" quantities.

I think that we figured out that as of a couple months back, the serial number ranges on those went into the 4 thousands.  Perhaps they've sold over 5,000 by now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#9]
So..do you think the Beretta and SIG numbers DO NOT include their military contract sales?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top