Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 10:51:32 AM EDT
Took some pictures to share with you.

Garwood minigun displayed at Scottsdale gun club booth.

LWRC's entry in the 308 arena with the side cocking handle for ease of operation for sniping duty. LWRC changed the name to Land Warfare Resource Corp. very nice.!!  

IAR entry...

IAR with the piston system breakdown view. later in this post, you will also see PWS and POF's piston breakdownview.

IAR with the finned barrel for cooling.

We move right along over to the POF booth, the other civilian available piston manufacture. being this their home base, POF had a very large presence at the SAR show.

POF's piston breakdown view

POF's entry to the muzzle brake arena

Frank and his proud babies.

in the rough

POF's 308 bolt carrier

14.5 with a bayonet

Plated interior for pro-long operation and ease of cleaning.

plated charging handle as part of the treatment package.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Start this section with an interesting entry to the piston arean... PWS Primary Weapons systems has a new entry that are very interesting to me. I will be taking one out for a test drive in a short awhile.

this sytem interest me in several reasons. one, it is low profile enough to be compatible with some rail system right off the bat. the excellent Daniel Defense system is one of them. no modification are required to the rail.

the system are front loading so you can retrive all piston components for cleaning without removing the rail.

the gas adjustment in the front offer a few positions that can be used in various operaion requirement. you can shut off the gas and turn this into a bolt gun for covert sniping.

the system is high quality with a reasonable price, with the DD rail, this conversion is approximate 300.00 or more less then the competition.

the stainless gas knob will be finished in production version to be less refective.

is it just beautiful?

the bleed off or the gas vents are behind the gas regulator. as you can see from some of the vent holes on the rail system, the gas regulator is working quit well.

The breakdown view of the gas piston assembly.

the gas key are modified direct gas key with a embedded stake inside to keep it from breaking apart from the punishing piston strikes.

the long rod are inside a protective tubing which has some vent holes underneath to help clear any dirt or grind.

HK 21E at RDTS booth. two availabel to cut down and build into a HK 91 receiver for a semi sear ready civilian legal 21E.

RDTS's 21UBF, this got to be a fun blaster

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Vltor's US made PKM

US Made receiver

Vltor's mid length CAS-V with built in folding front sight

every seen them in future weapons, transformer, Balls of fury and in action with the Marines, here are some detail pictures.

Manual cylinder advance latch, you can also see the piston that work the cylinder

Pull latch to release the cylinder for reload, just simply snap the weapon to close the cylinder.

Wind cylinder to load the spring.

tilting stock to accommendate the optic sight.

level sight for those check point striahgt shot VIED hadji busting modes.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Gemtech's 4.6 can which are more compact then the B&T offering.  Gemtech build it at the request of some Gov't agency.

locking latch in the locked position. the can is spring loaded, pushing in the can and push up on the latch on the bottom will remove the can. reverse the process to mount the can.

Can in the unlock position. in the future, the can's locking latch will automatically drop and lock once you press in on the can as you mount it to the barrel. currently, you have to manually push down on the latch to lock it.

Gemtech's excellent bi-lok with the G5 quick detach suppressor.

Enjoy!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Great pictures, as always.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice photo's, thanks for holding us over until Shot '08.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Great pics.  

max
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thanks guys, it is my pleasure.

I might do something different this year. I might use my old CLTactical site to host the pictures of the Shot show and do a more indepth review, but i will still post all the pics on AR15.com as I did before.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome Chen, so no HK or MRP Piston at SAR?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks guys, it is my pleasure.

I might do something different this year. I might use my old CLTactical site to host the pictures of the Shot show and do a more indepth review, but i will still post all the pics on AR15.com as I did before.

That would be cool. I'd look forward to reading your reviews and impressions.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!  And you're right, that PWS upper is really interesting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome pictures!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Look as good in the pics as in person
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Look as good in the pics as in person

+1
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Lee, you the man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top