Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 11:44:50 AM EDT

"Chris Neidrich of Clearwater was a former Navy SEAL who had worked as a bodyguard since since 1993. He died Saturday in Iraq in a gunbattle."
By VICKIE CHACHERE The Associated Press
Published: Jun 8, 2004

"Chris Neidrich of Clearwater was a former Navy SEAL who had worked as a bodyguard since since 1993. He died Saturday in Iraq in a gunbattle."
By VICKIE CHACHERE The Associated Press
Published: Jun 8, 2004

full story here

I found the above image attached to a news article from another forum.

Is the background of a possible place in Iraq or is it some Mall Ninja with a Airsoft rifle?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
link not working.

Also why would any one want to be in Iraq with an unloaded weapon even for just a picture I would want it to be loaded just incase I know he has a rifle at his side but still.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Found this on another forum.... can't seem to make the link work.

I think from the picture guy guy picked up the rifle for a picture. He has a M4 slung around his neck. I still can't tell if it's real for some mall ninja playing airsoft.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
DOUBLE TAP
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The Man was a SEAL before becoming a Civilian Security Contractor for Blackwater and he was killed while in Iraq.

The XM8 was in Iraq through Blackwater, which had a special relationship with HK.  The problem is that the German government found out that certain HK firearms like the 416 were going into Iraq with Blackwater and had a panic attack causing HK to distance itself from Blackwater. I'm pretty sure though the XM8 was not  used in actual combat while over there, but was a demo type rifle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Man was a SEAL before becoming a Civilian Security Contractor for Blackwater and he was killed while in Iraq.

The XM8 was in Iraq through Blackwater, which had a special relationship with HK.  The problem is that the German government found out that certain HK firearms like the 416 were going into Iraq with Blackwater and had a panic attack causing HK to distance itself from Blackwater. I'm pretty sure though the XM8 was not  used in actual combat while over there, but was a demo type rifle.

I guess the last thing they would want is to have the XM-8 prove itself in actual combat

Doc
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Also why would any one want to be in Iraq with an unloaded weapon even for just a picture I would want it to be loaded just incase I know he has a rifle at his side but still.

You see the big hand behind him with the sword?   Thats is in the middle of the green zone well away ffrom everything really there is a buger king not far from there now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You see the big hand behind him with the sword?   Thats is in the middle of the green zone well away ffrom everything really there is a buger king not far from there now.

But it's fashionable in these parts for every booger picking retard posting from his mama's basement to question the context of whats going on in a fucking photo and the trained professional in it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it's fashionable in these parts for every booger picking retard posting from his mama's basement to question the context of whats going on in a fucking photo and the trained professional in it.

Sorry, I am not questioning the photo, or the operator.  I just wonder about H&K and the comment about distancing from Blackwater.  I have nothing but respect for Blackwater.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because nothing is ever faked online and no one would ever profess to be an "operator" when they aren't.

[Reagan] Trust but verify. [/Reagan]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
As I remember it he was working with his M4 and the XM8 was part of a test and evaluation batch that the Army was running.

He borrowed it for the picture. OR so I remember.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because nothing is ever faked online and no one would ever profess to be an "operator" when they aren't.

I understand both of your standpoints, but it is hurting your argument that Chris was a legit operator and he perished over there.  Not many "mall ninjas" are going to be holding an XM-8 next the Triumphal Arch in Baghdad.  

- BG

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand both of your standpoints, but it is hurting your argument that Chris was a legit operator and he perished over there.  Not many "mall ninjas" are going to be holding an XM-8 next the Triumphal Arch in Baghdad.  

- BG

I understand that. It was more a general rebuttal to lumpy's post. Not to this specific instance.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#14]
A simple google search of the name Chris Neidrich would have clarified that it is indeed the name of the man in the picture, and that the man was about as far as you can get from being "some Mall Ninja with a Airsoft rifle". I suggest editing the initial post.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As I remember it he was working with his M4 and the XM8 was part of a test and evaluation batch that the Army was running.

He borrowed it for the picture. OR so I remember.

That's highly possible. Tough to say because Blackwater did have a real close working relationship with HK at the time as well. I do know that some HK 416 were being brought into Iraq for certain because of the whole German Political freakout thing.

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess the last thing they would want is to have the XM-8 prove itself in actual combat

Doc

Well to be fair HK was cool with their firearms going over with Blackwater it was the German Government that just about crapped their pants when they found out the HK416s were going over there.  Then the German government pretty much forced HK to distance itself. I don't remember all the details, but that's the jist of it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2008 3:27:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Uhh, that's why there is an  M4 hanging from his neck and a handgun on his right hip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top