Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 9:36:56 AM EDT
Recently received my griffin HRT  and had some questions pertaining to muzzle devices what others who have the HRT are running.

While waiting for the suppressor I converted most of my rifles over to the dual lok tactical comp, only to find out, that while technically compatible, it’s a very, very close fit.  (There is some info/measurements in another thread, as well as some comments from @Green0)

This all leads me to look at the minimalist brakes and the paladin 2 port brakes.  Wondering what people are running and prefer.  There was discussion that with the minimalist brake, the space from the brake to the start of the blast baffle was a good thing(expansion space). While I agree with that, I was thinking the paladin offers 2 sacrificial baffles, while it does however take up space/volume.

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are.  Yes I’m probably way over thinking this, and understand the tactical comp will work and I won’t shoot enough to notice any wear differences, just bored and curious
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d assume the can was designed with a particular muzzle device. Is that known?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I switched all of my hosts and other cans over to DualLok recently and I run all Griffin minimalist brakes. I shoot 100% suppressed so no worries about flash mitigation from my muzzle device.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
I switched all of my hosts and other cans over to DualLok recently and I run all Griffin minimalist brakes. I shoot 100% suppressed so no worries about flash mitigation from my muzzle device.
View Quote

Strictly curious, reason behind the minimalist vs say the paladin?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kirbykid25:

View Quote

I plan on sticking with DualLok and don't want to have a shallow blast chamber no matter the can. The minimalist offers that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]

I plan on sticking with DualLok and don't want to have a shallow blast chamber no matter the can. The minimalist offers that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m going all dual lok as well(enough I had Ecco machine cut off the keymo on my sandman and thread it for a dual lok adapter)

I can see the merit in in bigger blast chamber, I just still like the idea of the paladin brake with the dual “baffles”.  So I’m still kind of undecided
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#7]

I’m going all dual lok as well(enough I had Ecco machine cut off the keymo on my sandman and thread it for a dual lok adapter)

I can see the merit in in bigger blast chamber, I just still like the idea of the paladin brake with the dual “baffles”.  So I’m still kind of undecided
View Quote

Unless you’re running a super shorty, one baffle should probably be plenty. After all, it’s a hard use can designed to be able to be run on full auto with a flash hider mount…unless you’re shooting it on a belt fed, you’ll be fine. Tens of thousands of rounds I would think, I’m sure @green0 can give you a better idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m looking at the Dual-Lock 5 for a 14.5 P/W and was going to use the Paladin.  Anyone think I should go with a 16” and minimalist brake instead? I’m building a lightweight do it all rifle.  They are both about the same weight with the 14.5 being shorter and balancing better.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#10]
Top Top