Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2024 2:15:40 PM EDT
These are a bit of a new area for me. I had a few of the tail fins pictured below come in with a recent load of surplus and there seems to be nil for info on them on the net. From the little I have found these look like they came off of M930 illumination rounds. For those in the know, is anyone out there running a 120? If so is there any way to put these to use? It seems like that would be a better use than letting thee get dusty on a shelf. Any info would be much appreciated!

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a diagram of the ignition cartridge that goes in those tail fins. A little more complex than loading a 12  gauge ignition charge, but can be done if someone has the machinery to do fab some parts.

That said, from what I was told by someone in the large bore DD world, is they don't hold up well to reloads being that they're aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Here's a diagram of the ignition cartridge that goes in those tail fins. A little more complex than loading a 12  gauge ignition charge, but can be done if someone has the machinery to do fab some parts.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82htUK4xDILGAJDdVIn5tnAXGwf_M_6muznX0dhwRxPi2qx3nhlbPYfOLPyBf8nw-Zfw&usqp=CAU

That said, from what I was told by someone in the large bore DD world, is they don't hold up well to reloads being that they're aluminum.
View Quote

That diagram is fantastic, thanks a bunch! Any idea on where to tie in with more of the large bore DD folks? 120s seem scarce compared to the smaller stuff.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I don't know, from what I've seen, folks are scattered on various forums. And yeah, for sure, the 120s are more rare than the smaller ones.  I think I've only seen two internet posts on 120 projects. lol
Top Top