Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2007 9:48:18 PM EDT
I have never been interested in a launcher of anykind, but I ran across the "havoc" the other day and it caught my eye. Does anyone have any info on spikes HAVOC 37mm Launcher? I searched and I can't find anything on it.

Link
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Cripe I shouldn't have clicked that link, now I want oneand Im gonna have to build a entire new ar15 just so I have something to mount it on

Link Posted: 11/4/2007 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I ordered one but they don't seem to have a set date on the release of this thing anymore It was supposed to be last Monday I hate waiting
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the thing looks awesome, but how hard is it to get smoke/gas/projectiles for it?? Legality? Price?
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
OK,  did the research. I now want one too. Would this stick past a standard 16" upper or do you need a mid 18-20" upper?
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Why are you discussing a flare launcher in the destructive device forum?
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are you discussing a flare launcher in the destructive device forum?

Well, it could be registered.  I'm working on my second registered 37mm.  

Where else are you going to talk about it on arfcom?

Link Posted: 11/9/2007 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well mine arrived today.

It fits like a glove on my troy rail & feels solid but it didn't come with the slots milled into the end of the barrel like the one pictured.  I kind of like it better without those slots anyway.

Also there isn't a extractor claw to pull the empty shell out of the barrel when you open it. It just has a cut out under the barrel I guess for pulling empties out with your finger.

Its far superior to the bushmaster style launchers out there. I'm probably going to get a second one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice, post some pics of your setup. Im also thinking about getting one, and would like to hear some reviews before I buy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2007 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/11/2007 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Its far superior to the bushmaster style launchers out there. I'm probably going to get a second one.

How is it superior?  Does it seem stouter?   How about the barrel latch?  How well does it lock up?   The main problem I have is when I load some pretty hot rounds (especially wood batons) that need and create a lot of compression, the barrel latch soon wears out on my RPB launcher.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Overall the look & feel of it seems to me superior over the bushmaster launcher I had.

The barrel locks up tight as a drum & I like the push button barrel latch allot more then the one on the bushmaster launcher.

When I had that bushmaster mounted on the barrel of my ar it was wobbly as all heck, the spikes launcher has zero movement mounted on my troy rail.

My only complaint would be that the set screws they sent with it need to be about 1/4 inch longer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
That is definitely going on my list of things to buy in the next few months...
Does it ship direct to your door being an "unregulated" flare gun?
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Anymore reviews on this? I'm might have to start selling a lot of leamonaide to pay for this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
What I would like to know is the name of the song playing during their video.

That is a kick-ass song!
Link Posted: 12/24/2007 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What I would like to know is the name of the song playing during their video.

That is a kick-ass song!

yes it is, I have used it on videos I've made.  Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you know if there are any plans to make 40mm barrels for the thing after someone Form 1's it?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
How hard is it to get 37mm ammo and what is available w/o going DD?
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How hard is it to get 37mm ammo and what is available w/o going DD?

Very easy to get flares, smoke and starbursts but that's about all you can legally shoot without going DD.   The commercial flares, smoke and starbursts are too stinkin expensive and they are very easy to make yourself.  

Register it as DD and the only limits are you imagination.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#19]
So how does this look on a carbine length rail?
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I want one.

Where can I find information on loading my own 37mm shells?
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I want one.

Where can I find information on loading my own 37mm shells?

www.freewebs.com/grog/index.htm

Link Posted: 1/12/2008 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Very happy to see someone stepping up to the plate with these again.  Getting a NIB 37mm has been a trial for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#23]
They are pretty damn sweet. And the stand alone version is kick ass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Would this rail system work with a conventional looking M203 hand guard?

It also looks like it hangs down a bit far below the barrel.  

Any ideas about the appearance - it sounds like a well made part.

TIA
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Would this rail system work with a conventional looking M203 hand guard?

It also looks like it hangs down a bit far below the barrel.  

Any ideas about the appearance - it sounds like a well made part.

TIA

this system is rail mount only.
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Please forgive my ignorance, I am in the process of learning.

It looks like the rail is part of the hand guard - how does the Cobray unit mount?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#27]
it replaces the bottom handguard, it goes into the delta ring, and on the front it has a peice that goes around the barrel mounting it to an m4 type profile barrel.

there are other clasps available for different profile barrels. google it for pictures and you can see some close ups.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered one, ill post pics when i get it later this week.  It will be going on a carbine length rail, hopefully it doesnt look too goofy
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
OK... BRD is going too far and the wife just nodded like it was OK to get one.  Kind of like when she shows me her toes that she just paid $50 to have painted and I say "that's great, ooh so pretty".

I found this:

37mm to 26.5mm or 12 Gauge flare adapter

launch 26.5mm flares from your 37mm launcher with these adapters. The 37mm to 26.5mm adapter is 3.75" long and anodized blue. (The red one is the 12 gauge adapter available for sale also) These are made from solid billet aluminum, fluted and then anodized.

Please specify desired size  $30.00 ea

on this web site:  http://lanworldinc.com/Accessories.html

Can I shoot 12 gauge buck shot or bird shot out of a 37mm flare launcher with this adapter?  legally?  physically?

I just Emailed Spikes.... I have a bigger grin on my face than the first time I shot a live AT-4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reply from Spikes

Hi KC,
The 12 gauge adapter is for 12 gauge flares only as sold.  IF you register
your 37mm as a destructive device with the ATF (your local FFL/SOT should be
able to help you with that) you can then use it for other things besides
just flares, we sell a "better more robust" adapter for that.
Thanks for your interest,
Angela

When I think about it, shooting a 12 gauge round from it would make it an AOW?  or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The Reply from Spikes

Hi KC,
The 12 gauge adapter is for 12 gauge flares only as sold.  IF you register
your 37mm as a destructive device with the ATF (your local FFL/SOT should be
able to help you with that) you can then use it for other things besides
just flares, we sell a "better more robust" adapter for that.
Thanks for your interest,
Angela

When I think about it, shooting a 12 gauge round from it would make it an AOW?  or am I wrong?

As she said, it would have to be registered as a Destructive Device.   The 12ga adapter shown will only accept 12ga flares and not regular shotgun shells.  

Based on her saying "we make a more robust adapter for that" I think she is implying 12ga would work out of this thing!  IT would be the first 37mm launcher that is 12ga safe if so.   I think I will write them and see.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#31]

So here it is-

This thing seems real beefy, the only weakness would seem to be the set screws that keep tension on the rail, but time will tell.  The KAC rails dont seem to be "tall" enough to let the launcher set all the way back against the magwell like the MI handguards, so it sets against the delta ring.  It seems to be a very high quality unit so far.  

I will probably keep it mounted to the carbine, and krylon it.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I like mine, ordered it online and picked it up at a show in Miami.
I took a file to the rail and now it sits closer to the magwell.
Once I GMST I'll post a pic.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#33]
looks nice, i like the seemless profile as aposed to the cobray look, thats the main reason i went with a 203, because even DD on a 37mm the cobray just stuck out with an odd gap between the rifle and launcher.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I sent Spikes an email and was told they would get back to me on the ability of the launcher to shoot 12guage without tearing it up.   I will post their response when it comes.

retrainthechimp: VERY NICE!!!!

Link Posted: 2/14/2008 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I think I want one of these now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I started a Spike's 37mm launcher thread in the Spike's industry forum.  I didn't know this one existed.  If you would like to post pics / details / range reports of your launchers, please post them here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=159899

Thanks, Lee
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I started a Spike's 37mm launcher thread in the Spike's industry forum.  I didn't know this one existed.  If you would like to post pics / details / range reports of your launchers, please post them here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=159899

Thanks, Lee

I want to know what fun stuff people are loading in them  
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#40]

I want to know what fun stuff people are loading in them  

^^^
Me too.

I just stopped by my dealer and we got to talking about 37mm stuff. He's done some crazy things. Then he pulled out a HAVOC! Oh snap! I was looking to trade a glock 27 that wasn't being used anymore so I picked up a P22 for my wife and a Havoc for me!

He gave me some pieces to start my own reloads, but I still have a lot of learning to do, so I am going to load up some sugar rounds to see what to loads do. Now I need a supplier for rounds and cones.

Here are some pics

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top