Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:38:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]

This is absured, maybe if you put the hollow can on a GSG-5P, maybe, but the carbine has a 16.25 inch barrel and the can goes to the end. The sound would be the same can on or off. Sounds like a lone agent making his/her own ruling.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Like others have said, I don't buy it until I see a letter from the ATF stating exactly that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I call shenanigans until I see an official ATF ruling.  So have they ruled all barrel shrouds as cans?  that seems like that would be quite the undertaking!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, BS for sure
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Inthe shop i frequent in oregon I was told today ATF came in and pulled their Carbines fromthe shelf due to the faux can.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
So if the ATF approved the GSG-5 for importation, why would they now be pulling them because of a FAKE shroud?  Come on now people, think about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not disagree but the BATFE is a Government Agency
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If this indeed does turn out to be true, what happens to all the GSG5 owners who already have the rifle in their posession? Will they be Grandfathered in or will we all instantly become felons? Good thing I lost mine in that boating accident
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#9]
sounds like HK is paying off the ATF to seize these guns and give GSG financial problems.  I'm sure HK will not face these same issues when their shiny new .22 hits the market.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see a response from ATI on this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd like to see a response from ATI on this.

This.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
This ? This what?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#13]
What a f'in joke.

How the hell do they approve it and then decide to ban it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#14]
ATI proof or it doesn't exist!!!  What say you Chris? Can you put this to rest for all of us?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not yet

Not quite the reassuring answer we were looking for, but at least you are looking into it. Please let us know ASAP please?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
not yet

Not quite the reassuring answer we were looking for, but at least you are looking into it. Please let us know ASAP please?

+1

Link Posted: 2/5/2010 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#18]
ATF has long held that fake "hollow" suppressors won't fly.  Had the mfgr stayed with the early 'solid' fake cans there wouldn't be a problem.

A letter from Tech branch is coming soon.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2010 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I would happily go sbr if they waived the tax stamp charge, no extra barrel no more problem!
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ATF has long held that fake "hollow" suppressors won't fly. Had the mfgr stayed with the early 'solid' fake cans there wouldn't be a problem.

A letter from Tech branch is coming soon.

and you are?

ATI and the ATF are looking into this particular situation.  I will have info available soon although the FTB is no longer involved with this particular situation.  the official information will be released by ATI once we are told to do so by the ATF but at this time there is no other statement we can make until ATF gives the go ahead while they figure out how to handle their mistake.  Just hang out guys and we'll let you know what we can when we're able to, and in the mean time don't believe everything you read.

Thank you Chris for the quick response and keeping us up to date. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#22]
So while we're waiting for official word is it ok to go to the range and shoot the GSG or am I risking commiting a crime?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would happily go sbr if they waived the tax stamp charge, no extra barrel no more problem!

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I guess you guys won't be getting SBR's then since the $200 tax stamp has been around since it's inception in 1934 (NFA Act Of 1934).

MadDog
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Any update?
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#26]
so far I have seen one non-confirmed letter to ATI.

nothing on the ATF site.

Only chatter on the gun boards about this, so nothing truly official as of yet.

only thing that is serious are local gun shops around here have been told they can't sell the GSGs.

waiting on a confirmation either way.

I bet HK did this to ATI

Link Posted: 2/12/2010 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

nothing on the ATF site.

only thing that is serious are local gun shops around here have been told they can't sell the GSGs.

I bet HK did this to ATI

See this thread for the current info on this subject
***CLICK HERE*** ATI About the ATF and Barrel Shroud
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nothing on the ATF site.

I bet HK did this to ATI

See this thread for the current info on this subject

***CLICK HERE*** ATI About the ATF and Barrel Shroud

another thread on ar15....not even close to being an official ruling.  there isn't anything on the ATI site or the ATF site about this.  until that happens keep your font down to standard size

Link Posted: 2/12/2010 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
another thread on ar15....not even close to being an official ruling.  there isn't anything on the ATI site or the ATF site about this.  until that happens keep your font down to standard size

Sorry bout the font...toned it back some.
But, that thread is from the horses mouth and is as current as it gets for now...Chris should have posted it in this thread...or at least linked to the update.
Oh, and I should add...I think HK did it too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Dont worry about who osprey is.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry bout the font...toned it back some.

But, that thread is from the horses mouth and is as current as it gets for now...Chris should have posted it in this thread...or at least linked to the update.

Oh, and I should add...I think HK did it too.

I am sure it is real, but want to see something on their website, and from the ATF.

they could have had one guy come in and tell them it needed to get done but the bosses in ATL might tell the newb he is out of line.

Link Posted: 2/13/2010 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Posted: Today 5:00:46 PM EST [Last Edit: Today 5:01:02 PM EST by ATICSR_Christopher]
To all retail customers:

On January 2010 American Tactical Imports Inc received official notification from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and explosives that the original barrel shroud (aka: fake suppressor) supplied with your GSG 5 SD model must be replaced. It has been determined that this shroud is regulated under the National Firearms Act. American Tactical will provide a replacement shroud at no charge for each GSG 5 SD model sold or currently in inventory.
Consumers in possession of a GSG 5 SD model with the original shroud in place on the firearm are now in violation of the NFA. To avoid continued violation of the NFA, ATI asks that all persons in possession obtain a replacement shroud as soon as possible. We anticipate arrival of the new shrouds to begin by the middle of February 2010.
IMPORTANT: THE ORIGINAL SD MODEL SHROUD MUST BE RETURNED ACOMPANIED BY THE FIREARM SERIAL NUMBER BEFORE A REPLACEMENT SHROUD IS ISSUED. THE DIAMETER OF THE SD SHROUD IS 1-9/16”. DO NOT RETURN THE SMALLER CARBINE SHROUD.
WHAT TO DO:
If possible return your old shroud to the dealer where purchased and show him this notice. The shroud will be returned to ATI along with a list of serial numbers from the guns that the shrouds were removed. ATI will send replacements to the dealer for pick up at your convenience; ATI will be sending replacements as fast as logistics allow. If your dealer is out of business or difficult to reach, or you purchased your gun used, from a consumer, return the shroud directly by US mail or UPS to American Tactical Imports Inc. 100 Airpark Drive Rochester, NY 14624.
PLEASE TRY NOT TO CALL US. We will provide comprehensive information on our web site www.americantactical.us , and www.ar15.com or by e-mail to [email protected]
REMEMBER, INCLUDE THE FIREARM SERIAL NUMBER WITH EACH SHROUD OR A REPLACEMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED.
This action IS NOT being instituted through any fault and is strictly due to NFA compliance. American Tactical will assume the responsibility to satisfy the requirements in an effort to minimize the impact on our customers and protect your investment.
We at American Tactical Imports Inc. sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unfortunate situation.

Sincerely,
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O. retailcandoc.021210

Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top