Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 1 of 44)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Top_Secret]
I know the MPXs haven't hit yet, but figured we could combine the two when they finally get to the market.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What’s the name of the shop?👀 I’ve been looking for one of those for a while
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By michealj:
I know where there are 2 SRD762Ti-qd’s sitting in a shop right now, they’ve been there for a couple years. They have a bunch of NOS suppressors.
View Quote

What’s the name of the shop? I’ll buy one right now I’ve been looking for one for a while
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 3:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#3]
[zonk]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked my factory sbr this week.  It was NOS early gen2, got it for the 2018 price!  I’ve wanted an mpx since they were new but didn’t like the prices lately.  Couldn’t pass this one up.  

They had a folding sig stock they had removed from an illegal sbr that a guy pawned and gave it to me free.  Turns out it’s a FDE Kate moss stock.  If anybody wants to trade it for your black one I’m game.  

500 rounds of 5 different ammo types today, no issues.  I’m a cheapskate but don’t regret spending the money for it!

Thinking about a dedicated silencer because nothing I have is well suited for it.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#6]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
https://i.imgur.com/23WOdDo.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Fa mo' betta
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:15:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#8]
Attachment Attached File

I wish I could of shared the face I made when I discovered that the MCX LEGACY is just as good as its successors....

Thoughts?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#9]
I was finally able to pick up my Rattler 300BO.  Bought as a factory SBR in June 2022, went the SilencerShop route, and it took until this week to get approved.  Pain in the ass, but some of it was a certification issue.  I am going to go back to shop next week and buy a few suppressors and get in line again.

I have a box of parts in the garage sitting around to throw on the new gun.  Been so long since I bought it, its like a free fully kitted out gun at this point.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1587095316660-489.gif
I wish I could of shared the face I made when I discovered that the MCX LEGACY is just as good as its successors....

Thoughts?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/8_SIG_LEGACY_MCX16_5_56_jpg-2788408.JPG
View Quote

One would argue better because of the extended top rail you don’t have that pesky “loss of zero” everyone complains about.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KnightVulture:

One would argue better because of the extended top rail you don’t have that pesky “loss of zero” everyone complains about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1587095316660-489.gif

Thoughts?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/8_SIG_LEGACY_MCX16_5_56_jpg-2788408.JPG

Lightest and longest rail of the civilian models.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Lightest and longest rail of the civilian models.
View Quote

Anyone know if there is an old locked discussion thread for the LEGACY MCX? Search returned back nothing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Anyone know if there is an old locked discussion thread for the LEGACY MCX? Search returned back nothing.
View Quote

I seem to recall there was an original MCX mega thread, but it's been archived off probably by now. It usually gets just thrown in with the other threads now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]

I seem to recall there was an original MCX mega thread, but it's been archived off probably by now. It usually gets just thrown in with the other threads now.
View Quote

Anyone know who the Moderator is for this sub forum? Maybe we can ask to resurrect the original thread. I'm sure their is pages of valuable information.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't think I've posted this pic yet.

It used to be spray painted.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
Fa mo' betta
https://i.imgur.com/fe3uZfx.jpg
View Quote

How do you like that stock? My MCX stamp just cleared and I'm considering the options. That has more girth for cheek weld than a Kate Moss folder, longer length of pull than their other folding/extending stock, and slimmer to fold up than putting something like a Magpul or B5 sopmod on the buffer tube side folding adapter. What you have there looks about perfect.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Fa mo' betta
https://i.imgur.com/fe3uZfx.jpg
View Quote

you take yours outside and it gets dirt on it?!?!?!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Picked up a Midwest Industries 10.5” recently and am loving it. Great addition to the MPX!

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#19]
And with the folding stock.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Cerakoted the Rattler.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]

What colors did you use?  Is the stock coated as well?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#22]
Originally Posted By 60-Driver:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 60-Driver:

Rifle is Noveske Tiger Eye Brown.  Stock, optic mount, charging handle, trigger guard, and light mount are Field Drab with a small amount of Midnight Bronze (small enough you can’t see any of the metallic flake, I just didn’t have any more black or Patriot Brown to mix in) to darken it up a shade or two.

Yep, stock is coated.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By coachwhip99:

What’s the name of the shop? I’ll buy one right now I’ve been looking for one for a while
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coachwhip99:
Originally Posted By michealj:
I know where there are 2 SRD762Ti-qd’s sitting in a shop right now, they’ve been there for a couple years. They have a bunch of NOS suppressors.

I'm interested, too!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Sideswipeasaurus:
How do you like that stock? My MCX stamp just cleared and I'm considering the options. That has more girth for cheek weld than a Kate Moss folder, longer length of pull than their other folding/extending stock, and slimmer to fold up than putting something like a Magpul or B5 sopmod on the buffer tube side folding adapter. What you have there looks about perfect.
View All Quotes
@Sideswipeasaurus
Just saw your post.
The spear folding stock has the same Lop as the black minimalist stock. Honestly, it's not to different than the Kate Moss.
The sig cheek riser, to me, doesn't really change head position much; if that makes sense. It's pretty slick to the stock. I only picked it up to help with colder weather.

I dig the stock though.
One of the slicker folding options, while giving you just enough meat in the back.

Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Living out in the sticks makes it easier lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#26]
@Sideswipeasaurus
Just saw your post.
The spear folding stock has the same Lop as the black minimalist stock. Honestly, it's not to different than the Kate Moss.
The sig cheek riser, to me, doesn't really change head position much; if that makes sense. It's pretty slick to the stock. I only picked it up to help with colder weather.

I dig the stock though.
One of the slicker folding options, while giving you just enough meat in the back.

View All Quotes
@Sideswipeasaurus
Just saw your post.

I dig the stock though.

Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I wonder if a paracord wrap might be able to bring it up another quarter inch and keep it compact and comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my first MCX today, a Gen 1. The orange finish is wild but I got it so cheap I didn’t care.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Got the stamp last week.  Trying to decide on a stock.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Your doing quite well adding SIG's to your collection.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#32]
@TCBA_Joe

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be good to go! Between the MCX FAQ, MCX VIRTUS, SPEAR LT, and NGSW SPEAR M7 threads, I find what I need to know. Anything else I just google-fu.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I've posted this before, I just want the first SPEAR pic in this thread.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Put a new VIRTUS bbl in my old LEGACY and took it out break in. Unfortunately I keep having issues with a Korean made Gen2 RWB-100 Drum from Classic Arms. Any thoughts on how to boost its reliability besides throwing it in the trash?
SIG LEGACY MCX Patrol new barrel test fire

SIG LEGACY MCX Patrol & Classic Arms RWB-100 drum
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey, I just met you
And this is crazy
But that's not cover-
Just concealment, baby

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#36]
So for gen 1 mcx, I’m limited to the standard handguard, lancer, and the altrd ego right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:33:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#37]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
So for gen 1 mcx, I’m limited to the standard handguard, lancer, and the altrd ego right?
View Quote

No, check this out.
https://www.virtuous-concepts.com/product-page/rattler-xtn

ETA...

Think I got that wrong it does everything but what you need I think. My apologies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:50:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#38]
View Quote

Shaffer Machining Sheffield Tactical sells modern rails modified to fit legacy rifles.

If you look for a thread called Legacy-Lt you can see pics where I had my local gunsmith mod a Spear-Lt handguard to fit my legacy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Sheffield Tactical

I swear Midwest Industries made one, but maybe that was just the Virtus. I couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Sheffield Tactical

I swear Midwest Industries made one, but maybe that was just the Virtus. I couldn't find anything.
View Quote

I have a Midwest on my LEGACY so there out there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#42]
thanks gents on the sheffield tactical recommendation. I have a lancer and an altrd.ego HG order fulfillment. I do like the midwest SD handguards for the virtus, just was wondering if maybe they had been discontinued. Seems like they may have.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#43]
All I need is the SIG Stock Adapter.https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-stock-adapter.html
I can then pair my SIG M400 SDI Series Switchblade Pistol with my MCX's and have a fully Ambi LEGACY MCX or MCX VIRTUS. The URG and Lower mate up perfectly like it was meant to be.
LEGACY MCX Patrol URG
Attachment Attached File

MCX VIRTUS PATROL URG
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:53:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#44]
All I need is the SIG Stock Adapter.https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-stock-adapter.html
I can then pair my SIG M400 SDI Series Switchblade Pistol with my MCX's and have a fully Ambi LEGACY MCX or MCX VIRTUS. The URG and Lower mate up perfectly like it was meant to be.
LEGACY MCX Patrol URG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20230527_223630_jpg-2831643.JPG

MCX VIRTUS PATROL URG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196790/20230527_223417_jpg-2831644.JPG
View Quote

You have no interference issues with the width of the upper with the SDI bolt release?

When I had the PDQ bold release installed on mine it had to be trimmed down to get enough clearance.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#45]

You have no interference issues with the width of the upper with the SDI bolt release?

When I had the PDQ bold release installed on mine it had to be trimmed down to get enough clearance.
View Quote

I encountered no issues whatsoever. In fact the mate up was almost meant to be if it wasn't for the MCX's having a little bit of a thicker width profile but it wasn't an issue. No Gaps and I performed a function check and loaded, unloaded and verified bolt hold open and bolt release.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kublah] [#47]
Delete this please
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Rattler with a few configurations..

Short Handguard:

Midwest Industries 10":

Sig 10.5"

Yes it clears the handguard...

Went and got to 50 posts so this should show...
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kublah:
Rattler with a few configurations..

Short Handguard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjuvy9vqu7l3qpl/Short.png?raw=1

Midwest Industries 10":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fwrh5k0gj16w83/MWI.png?raw=1

Sig 10.5"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxr3i6suc7z5n2f/Sig10.png?raw=1

Yes it clears the handguard...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xebmv5tlckfj7rf/Muzzle.png?raw=1

Went and got to 50 posts so this should show...
View Quote
I see the pics.

Pretty cool!
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:34:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brazos609] [#50]
Originally Posted By Kublah:
Sig 10.5"

View Quote

Pretty close to the same OAL as my 6.75" Virtus with the same handguard and SLH762C.  Mine sticks out about half an inch.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 1 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top