Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Posted: 6/23/2018 8:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker]
So I took the plunge into the unknown and purchased a Stribog as soon as they became available. Pending a range report, I am really liking this pistol but I do have a couple of concerns.  I am hoping these take-off in popularity making it an attractive platform for aftermarket manufacturers.  More specifically the availability of 922r parts should the Stribog prove itself worthy as an SBR candidate.  

I contacted Eagle Imports and queried the future availability of stocks and 922r parts and they replied as follows:
“No, we will not be selling stocks or any 922R compliant parts. We will only be selling the basic parts, such as the magazines and adapter”.

Disassembly: Push pins are a little tight, more about that below. Rear cap has a very nice snug fit to the receiver and needs just a light tap with a rubber mallet for removal. Buffer pads at the rear tend to bind a little in the housing so the bolt assembly will not slide out unless you pull on the buffer while pulling back on the charging handle at the same time. I assume a little lube on the perimeter of the buffer pads or at the rear of the housing will fix that.    

Upon initial inspection I noticed the front side of the rear sight appeared a little rough then realized after looking at the front sight the ramp or stop had sheared off.  I imagine it looked similar to the stop on the front site pictured for reference.  I contacted Eagle Imports about this and unfortunately they do not have any parts available yet so they will be sending a new sight when available.  Plastic sights that can break are an obvious concern but I plan on taking advantage of the top rail and will be mounting a red dot.

Front Sight

My second concern is lower push pin set-up. At first glance it appeared the rear push pin broke through the housing but what looked like a break is just basically a stepped portion of the lower housing where it meets the upper receiver.  This could have been designed better.  In the second picture here you can see how the pin breaks that diameter in the housing on both sides. Housing material just above the pin measures 0.082” thick which seems a little thin. Hopefully this holds up and doesn’t wallow out after time. The bright spot here is if the lower does need to be replaced it can as the upper is the serialized/registered portion.  

The lower pins have two sets of grooves that engage a wire retainer that simply slips into the housing. These wire retainers apply quite a bit of tension to the pin. I was not able to push the pins out by hand or at least I couldn’t get them to budge by hand.  Use of a punch and small dead blow mallet did the trick. It didn’t take much effort to break them loose; it was just a matter of quick tap to get the pin retention groove past the wire retainer. You can also see in these pics that the lower housing is symmetrical in design meaning you can move the retainers to the left side of the lower (installed in right side from factory) if you wish to push the pins out from right to left.

Rear

Front

Upper receiver assembly: Very clean machining, fit and finish. Bolt travels the length of the receiver very smoothly.   The upper looks similar to the B&T GMH9 and APC9 but the noticeable difference are the screws used to assemble the B&T uppers.  Grand Power uses a barrel nut to assemble the upper creating a much cleaner look.  

Bolt

Buffer:  Two buffer pads attach via the pins shown here.

Bolt Hold Open/Release
Somewhat of a different design, an ambi bolt hold open/release straddles the outside of the lower receiver and is held in place by the front pin.

Tension spring for BHO

Last round bolt hold open

Trigger Group
As you can see here, the trigger group appears to be a self contained unit that slips into the lower housing. I wanted to remove the trigger group for pics but I couldn't immediately see how to remove the safety selector.  I need to take a closer look at that.  

Mag Release

I just purchased the brace adapter and a Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 2 brace hoping it is compatible with their brace adapter. We'll find out soon.  
Looking forward to taking this to the range and will report out then.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#1]
[rumble]v3syyqq4q4kk;lk;lkkl4[/rumble]

Look how there basically is no recoil.  Go go roller delay!
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
I've had an original Stribog SP9A3 in the back of the safe since they came out. 1200 serial range. Long story short, the day after ordered it I saw they were having all kinds of issues and tried to cancel my order. Gun zone deals wanted to charge me a 20% restock to cancel (Said there was nothing wrong with them). Needless to say I didn't take the hit.

Talked to global ordnance today. They're sending me an RMA to upgrade it. I guess they worked out the kinks. Also are going to switch out my stick mags for the improved curved ones.

I'm happy and I feel like I got a new gun

Do they make a rear flip up sight with a larger aperture? I can barely see through the small one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/377948/7FA02403-202A-4B7A-B04A-50444635F7E1_jpe-3026799.JPG
View Quote

If I recall correctly it was a locking block angle vs. ammo issue.  You will likely get the gun back with a 40 degree vs. the shipped 45 degree locking block.  If you are shooting hot ammo you will want to go back to that 45 degree locking block.  Weak range ammo wasn't cutting it with the 45 degree locking block the guns shipped with so they went to a 40 degree.  I do not recall if there where any other changes.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

If I recall correctly it was a locking block angle vs. ammo issue.  You will likely get the gun back with a 40 degree vs. the shipped 45 degree locking block.  If you are shooting hot ammo you will want to go back to that 45 degree locking block.  Weak range ammo wasn't cutting it with the 45 degree locking block the guns shipped with so they went to a 40 degree.  I do not recall if there where any other changes.

View Quote

Honestly, after doing some more research it seems the Stribogs are pretty finicky with hollow points. Especially 147 HST, which is all I run.

I'm probably going to sell it now. Shame, it feels a lot nicer than my Cz scorpion.

I really don't feel like dicking with the gun depending on what ammo I'm using.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Honestly, after doing some more research it seems the Stribogs are pretty finicky with hollow points. Especially 147 HST, which is all I run.

I'm probably going to sell it now. Shame, it feels a lot nicer than my Cz scorpion.

View Quote

I have a lingle lower that uses CZ mags, but all I run is hollow points (147 lgr hst and 147gr v-crown) without issues.

Why wouldn't you test it yourself since you already have the gun instead of listening to what you "heard"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

Or you could load up a mag and run it.  I found Stribog HATES conical bullets.  But likes most long 147s

Also, only use curved mags.

Also, you can buy a plastic housing lower (which is not the serial number part), that will take CZ mags, while still being roller delayed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 12:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#6]

View Quote

The Stribog devours Gold Dot and HST 124 JHPs, which is good enough for me.  I don't run 147s in any 9mm, only 124s at ~NATO velocity, which also pick up a nice chunk of speed in long barrels.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:45:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sticklebackbob] [#7]
What’s the reliability of these newer sp9a3 guns? The price and roller delay have me seriously interested. Would you trust your life to one, or is it a cool range toy?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sticklebackbob:
What’s the reliability of these newer sp9a3 guns? The price and roller delay have me seriously interested. Would you trust your life to one, or is it a cool range toy?
View Quote

Yes. They are awesome

As with any gun, I’d test my duty/carry round
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#9]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Yes. They are awesome

View All Quotes

Yes. They are awesome

This.  I'd trust my life with one - but I have over 3000 rounds downrange - and I absolutely would run a few mags of the duty ammo.  Also, curved mags only, if serious.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

This.  I'd trust my life with one - but I have over 3000 rounds downrange - and I absolutely would run a few mags of the duty ammo.  Also, curved mags only, if serious.
View Quote

Copy that, thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:38:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#11]

Copy that, thanks
View All Quotes

Copy that, thanks

Love this thing.

[rumble]vby[/rumble]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

FMJ is good to go, I would not trust them with hollow points without significant testing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Thinking about picking up a SP9A3S. I see some website stock phots show it coming with the picatinny stock adapter and some show it doesn't. How do you know which one you're getting?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#14]
i just received my Stribog SP9A3S from Gunzonedeals. this is the most inaccurate POS i’ve ever shot. my micro carry pistols are FAR more accurate than this POS. i’m not impressed to say the least. i’ve tried multiple types of ammo(known accurate hand loads, factory ammo, heavy/light, etc doesn’t matter), tried multiple optics, swapped the muzzle devices, etc etc etc. it won’t even stay on a piece of regular ole 8.5x11 computer paper at 20 yards.
i wanted to like this thing, idk what im going to do next. the last thing i want to do is send this to fuckin slovakia and wait months to get it back.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Slyce:
i just received my Stribog SP9A3S from Gunzonedeals. this is the most inaccurate POS i’ve ever shot. my micro carry pistols are FAR more accurate than this POS. i’m not impressed to say the least. i’ve tried multiple types of ammo(known accurate hand loads, factory ammo, heavy/light, etc doesn’t matter), tried multiple optics, swapped the muzzle devices, etc etc etc. it won’t even stay on a piece of regular ole 8.5x11 computer paper at 20 yards.
i wanted to like this thing, idk what im going to do next. the last thing i want to do is send this to fuckin slovakia and wait months to get it back.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that.

Here is mine at 200 yards

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Something sounds wrong with yours. With crappy range ammo I’ve seen plenty of people get 4-5ish MOA, and many also like the guy above under 3 MOA.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
i’ve tried every damn thing i can think of, i thought well maybe the tripod i had it clamped in could be causing it. nope, just tried it without the tripod.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slyce] [#18]
Attachment Attached File

am i expecting too much?
the first 2 shots were the far left holes right under 6mmbr.com.  this is at 25 yards, prone off a bipod, using aimpoint T1 with Eotech magnifier.

My handguns with red dots are FAR more accurate than this. so i’d say it isn’t user error at this point lol.

ETA: was at 25yards not 20.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366980/IMG_3284_jpeg-3094433.JPG

am i expecting too much?
the first 2 shots were the far left holes right under 6mmbr.com.  this is at 25 yards, prone off a bipod, using aimpoint T1 with Eotech magnifier.

My handguns with red dots are FAR more accurate than this. so i’d say it isn’t user error at this point lol.

View Quote

The Stribog point of impact is affected by how it is shouldered; by quite a bit in fact in my test.  It's an SMG that's intended to be fired shouldered.  So if you are not consistently shouldering it, point of impact can move by that much.  Is yours with an armbrace, or is it actually a pistol being fired like a pistol?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slyce] [#20]

The Stribog point of impact is affected by how it is shouldered; by quite a bit in fact in my test.  It's an SMG that's intended to be fired shouldered.  So if you are not consistently shouldering it, point of impact can move by that much.  Is yours with an armbrace, or is it actually a pistol being fired like a pistol?
View Quote

it’s the “S” model, 5” barrel, and it has the collapsible brace with the tailhook. firing it shouldered.
i think i’ve figured out a load that will work. gotta do some more testing tomorrow. but i can tell ya the stribog doesn’t like 115gr nor 124gr with win 231 nor accurate no 5 powder, also doesn’t like the projectile seated at 1.050(this may matter more than the powder used). in my limited testing using a 147gr projectile with the bullet seated at 1.150” it improved the accuracy by a large margin. i’ll get a chance to run a few more different loads tomorrow.
i’m very surprised the loads and factory ammo i’ve tried were that inaccurate, especially my loadings that have always been very accurate in handguns.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366980/IMG_3284_jpeg-3094433.JPG

am i expecting too much?

View Quote

is it possible the barrel nut is loose?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#22]

it’s the “S” model, 5” barrel, and it has the collapsible brace with the tailhook. firing it shouldered.
i think i’ve figured out a load that will work. gotta do some more testing tomorrow. but i can tell ya the stribog doesn’t like 115gr nor 124gr with win 231 nor accurate no 5 powder, also doesn’t like the projectile seated at 1.050(this may matter more than the powder used). in my limited testing using a 147gr projectile with the bullet seated at 1.150” it improved the accuracy by a large margin. i’ll get a chance to run a few more different loads tomorrow.
i’m very surprised the loads and factory ammo i’ve tried were that inaccurate, especially my loadings that have always been very accurate in handguns.
View All Quotes

Something isn't right.  Accuracy shouldn't be this ammo particular like that; and tweaking ammo right now for best performance isn't it - there's something mechanically amiss.  I'd borescope that barrel, and also, is there a muzzle device on it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:43:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slyce] [#23]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

is it possible the barrel nut is loose?
View Quote

i thought the same thing. i’m gonna check today.

as far as muzzle device, yea i tried it with the stock thread protector, bare muzzle, and a KVP mach linear comp. there was zero difference in the 3.

ETA: just tried a few other loadings. so far not much change. something is fucky

ETA2: i’ve looked over the barrel nut, but i don’t have a stribog barrel nut wrench to really tell how much torque is on it. everything seems tight. i wonder if the camber or rifling was cut wrong. bore scope didn’t show anything out of the ordinary, but i could easily be missing something. I’ve reached out to Grand Power….lets see how this goes. but based on previous comments in this thread im tryin to keep some hope they can get it fixed without taking months to return.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#24]

as far as muzzle device, yea i tried it with the stock thread protector, bare muzzle, and a KVP mach linear comp. there was zero difference in the 3.

ETA: just tried a few other loadings. so far not much change. something is fucky

ETA2: i’ve looked over the barrel nut, but i don’t have a stribog barrel nut wrench to really tell how much torque is on it. everything seems tight. i wonder if the camber or rifling was cut wrong. bore scope didn’t show anything out of the ordinary, but i could easily be missing something. I’ve reached out to Grand Power….lets see how this goes. but based on previous comments in this thread im tryin to keep some hope they can get it fixed without taking months to return.
View Quote

I’d reach out to global ordnance instead
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

In truth they have a good reputation for taking care of the customer - could prove an easy call
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
10-4 i will check with them first.

BUT, i found something that helped.
i ordered the HB short stroke buffer and installed it prior to shooting the Stribog.
i took the HB buffer out and now the pistol is shooting more accurate than it was, still not up to par but better. does that make any sense?

i’m used to AR’s, where a buffer would not cause these accuracy issues and you’d run into other issues before accuracy was the problem.

so why would a short stroke buffer cause accuracy issues with the Stribog? if that wasn’t the cause and it’s just a coincidence, then i guess after putting close to 300 rounds from different loads, it finally has “broken” in?

i will try the short stroke again eventually just to see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#27]
10-4 i will check with them first.

BUT, i found something that helped.
i ordered the HB short stroke buffer and installed it prior to shooting the Stribog.
i took the HB buffer out and now the pistol is shooting more accurate than it was, still not up to par but better. does that make any sense?

i’m used to AR’s, where a buffer would not cause these accuracy issues and you’d run into other issues before accuracy was the problem.

so why would a short stroke buffer cause accuracy issues with the Stribog? if that wasn’t the cause and it’s just a coincidence, then i guess after putting close to 300 rounds from different loads, it finally has “broken” in?

i will try the short stroke again eventually just to see what happens.
View Quote

That makes no sense at all to me.  The bullet is long gone before anything gets close to the bumper.  The bullet is long gone before the roller is even all the way clear.  I suspect that coincidental, and what you may be experiencing is rounds smoothing out some defect in your barrel (or whatever).  Still not OK, even if that's so - I'd still call Global Ordinance on this.  The accuracy issues you are experience shouldn't have anything to do with the buffer or even the ammo, so long as your test ammo isn't pure garbage.  Multiple brands all shoot like Hell like that?  No.  The issue is something mechanical in the gun, be it the barrel, or the sighting system being actually secured to the barrel (i.e. you are sure you're sights are on good, and have tried multiple sights, yes?), or the barrel is loose, or you suck as a shooter.  Often it's the later, but I have a doubt it's really you in this case.  Get someone else to shoot it.  

To confirm though:

-Barrel seems to be tight (you can't wiggle it by hand?) - repeat that wiggle test after it gets hot btw.
-Sights are well mounted - (and multiples tried?) - wiggle them.  
-Barrel dimensions and rifling look OK? (do you have a bore-scope?)
-You are shouldering it consistently? (don't answer that btw - mine is SBR'd, yours maybe is maybe isn't - but if you so happen to have an armbrace and it's not SBR'd, you are legal to have it during our injunction.  You are not so certainly legal to Intent To Shoulder Fire It.  There's no injunction against NFA SBR law, only against possessing a gun with an armbrace that all the lawyers are saying are of course to be used as armbraces, your honor.  (just don't post any pictures is all, I don't actually care; and I don't think very many ATF/FBI/USDA/DOE/whatever/agents/USAG's even care either, but don't make it easy.  They like easy).

Also, you don't have to be a CSI investigator here.  There's a reason the gun has a warranty - give them a call. Even if it gets better after you break in (which is what I think is happening); something was jacked up - they need to fix that if so.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:56:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#28]
Sounds like you have something loose.

If the barrel is in good shape, it's got to be loose/bad optic or loose barrel nuts (there's two, it's double nutted).
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#29]

That makes no sense at all to me.  The bullet is long gone before anything gets close to the bumper.  The bullet is long gone before the roller is even all the way clear.  I suspect that coincidental, and what you may be experiencing is rounds smoothing out some defect in your barrel (or whatever).  Still not OK, even if that's so - I'd still call Global Ordinance on this.  The accuracy issues you are experience shouldn't have anything to do with the buffer or even the ammo, so long as your test ammo isn't pure garbage.  Multiple brands all shoot like Hell like that?  No.  The issue is something mechanical in the gun, be it the barrel, or the sighting system being actually secured to the barrel (i.e. you are sure you're sights are on good, and have tried multiple sights, yes?), or the barrel is loose, or you suck as a shooter.  Often it's the later, but I have a doubt it's really you in this case.  Get someone else to shoot it.  

To confirm though:

-Barrel seems to be tight (you can't wiggle it by hand?) - repeat that wiggle test after it gets hot btw.
-You are shouldering it consistently? (don't answer that btw - mine is SBR'd, yours maybe is maybe isn't - but if you so happen to have an armbrace and it's not SBR'd, you are legal to have it during our injunction.  You are not so certainly legal to Intent To Shoulder Fire It.  There's no injunction against NFA SBR law, only against possessing a gun with an armbrace that all the lawyers are saying are of course to be used as armbraces, your honor.  (just don't post any pictures is all, I don't actually care; and I don't think very many ATF/FBI/USDA/DOE/whatever/agents/USAG's even care either, but don't make it easy.  They like easy).

Also, you don't have to be a CSI investigator here.  There's a reason the gun has a warranty - give them a call. Even if it gets better after you break in (which is what I think is happening); something was jacked up - they need to fix that if so.
View Quote

thats my thoughts as well, the buffer wouldnt even come into play til long after the bullet has exited the barrel.
and yea man, its crazy that every type of ammo has shot like crap. even the ones i know for a fact shoot well in multiple guns.
i shot my main loading that i know is accurate again in it this afternoon and the group improved from the first batch i ran through it when i first got it out.

barrel feels tight
every optic i tried was mounted correctly and torqued correctly
barrel "looks" fine, but i need to put my amazon special bore scope down it.
"firing" the pistol has been consistent i believe.
i mean it is possible i suck at shooting this particular gun lmao, but idk, i feel like id find my stride in 300 rounds lol.

i do need to figure out a way to check that double nut barrel nut set up without mangling this thing up.
i hate sending shit back to the factory when i could fix it myself, but this may be one of those times where i dont have a choice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#30]

thats my thoughts as well, the buffer wouldnt even come into play til long after the bullet has exited the barrel.
and yea man, its crazy that every type of ammo has shot like crap. even the ones i know for a fact shoot well in multiple guns.
i shot my main loading that i know is accurate again in it this afternoon and the group improved from the first batch i ran through it when i first got it out.

barrel feels tight
every optic i tried was mounted correctly and torqued correctly
barrel "looks" fine, but i need to put my amazon special bore scope down it.
"firing" the pistol has been consistent i believe.
i mean it is possible i suck at shooting this particular gun lmao, but idk, i feel like id find my stride in 300 rounds lol.

i do need to figure out a way to check that double nut barrel nut set up without mangling this thing up.
i hate sending shit back to the factory when i could fix it myself, but this may be one of those times where i dont have a choice.
View Quote

In my experience, Global Ordnance has been absolutely phenomenal to deal with. Send it back, they'll make it right. Even it means putting a new barrel in it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

In my experience, Global Ordnance has been absolutely phenomenal to deal with. Send it back, they'll make it right. Even it means putting a new barrel in it.
View Quote

10-4 that’s damn good to hear, i’ve reached out and awaiting their response. i’m interested to hear what they figure out the issue is. cause it has me stumped lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:49:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castillo] [#32]

To confirm though:

View Quote

I’m not understanding why you think shouldering matters.
If sight picture/sight alignment is consistent or with RDS you have the dot centered to remove parallax variables and it’s installed correctly how does it matter
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:21:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#33]

If sight picture/sight alignment is consistent or with RDS you have the dot centered to remove parallax variables and it’s installed correctly how does it matter
View All Quotes

To confirm though:

Sure it does.  The gun does move some while the bullet is travelling down the barrel.  not a lot, but it can.  Here's a shot of a 1911.  Look at the 10 second mark, you can see the gun has some movement activity before the bullet exits.  How you hold that gun will affect how much it moves before the bullet exits.  It's why sometimes heavy bullets will impact higher than light bullets out of a pistol, the slower moving heavy bullet pushes back on the gun more which moves more before it exits.  

Pistol Shot Recorded at 73,000 Frames Per Second

In my own tests, it was remarkable how much the bullet impact moved in my Stribog, based on how I held it.  But sure, maybe I wasn't consistently alighing the sights the same in correlation to how weak I held it.

here's another one.  Look at 21 seconds. And note how the gun is moving before the bullet exits
357 Magnum at 224,000 FPS - in Ultra Slow Motion

Every rifle competitor learns real quick that at 600 yards how you hold your rifle can change where you are hitting.  It's one reason why I sometimes shoot from a sling testing stuff at 600 yards, because the sling tension and position you have to be in for each shot, is actually more controlled than just plopping down at a bench.

I do remember being surprised at just how profound it was with the Stribog, moving a 25 yard point of impact almost all the way off a 10" piece of paper.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#34]
i sent the Stribog off to Global Ordnance today, hopefully they can get it fixed pretty quick.

i built and sighted in a cheaper 9mm AR today, using one of BKings 8.375” barrels and a PA MD-25 red dot. it shoots surprisingly accurate. multiple 3 round cloverleaf groups and multiple 10 round groups into one jagged hole. i’m hoping GO can get my Stribog close to performing like this cheap 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#35]
SHOT Show 2024 Range Day Teaser

Not yet on website.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#36]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_ZW22N4pE

Not yet on website.
View Quote

Don’t really understand the appeal of the binary triggers, but always happy to see more aftermarket support for these guns. They’re so much better performers than most give them credit for, especially once you start feeding them from Scorpion mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_ZW22N4pE

Not yet on website.
View Quote

SHOTshow - the land of LIARS!!!  

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Sure it does.  The gun does move some while the bullet is travelling down the barrel.  not a lot, but it can.  Here's a shot of a 1911.  Look at the 10 second mark, you can see the gun has some movement activity before the bullet exits.  How you hold that gun will affect how much it moves before the bullet exits.  It's why sometimes heavy bullets will impact higher than light bullets out of a pistol, the slower moving heavy bullet pushes back on the gun more which moves more before it exits.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y9apnbI6GA

In my own tests, it was remarkable how much the bullet impact moved in my Stribog, based on how I held it.  But sure, maybe I wasn't consistently alighing the sights the same in correlation to how weak I held it.

here's another one.  Look at 21 seconds. And note how the gun is moving before the bullet exits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0hSB-DCwU

Every rifle competitor learns real quick that at 600 yards how you hold your rifle can change where you are hitting.  It's one reason why I sometimes shoot from a sling testing stuff at 600 yards, because the sling tension and position you have to be in for each shot, is actually more controlled than just plopping down at a bench.

I do remember being surprised at just how profound it was with the Stribog, moving a 25 yard point of impact almost all the way off a 10" piece of paper.
View All Quotes

To confirm though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y9apnbI6GA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0hSB-DCwU

To follow-up, with some low grade cheap reloads, I tested at 50 yards.  The POI elevated by about 2" and the group size natsbly increased when I fired it resting on a bag but not shouldered, vs fired it same, but well shouldered.  In the past it seemed like the jump was much worse, but this was fairly mild ammo and I had upgraded to the stronger 40degree weight.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#39]
Stribog with cheap 115gr ball reloads, at 100 yards.  Playing with a 100 yard zero on it.  Though, with this ammo, that's apparently only a 15 yard zero (I prefer 25).  I think a hotter load can do both 25/100 zero.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Stribog with cheap 115gr ball reloads, at 100 yards.  Playing with a 100 yard zero on it.  Though, with this ammo, that's apparently only a 15 yard zero (I prefer 25).  I think a hotel load can do both 25/100 zero.

https://i.postimg.cc/HnSWys1G/Screenshot-20240128-205246-Range-Buddy.jpg
View Quote

Damn, nice shooting. Very impressive with range ammo.

There's a LOT of guns out there that cost a LOT more than a Stribog that can't do 4 MOA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know if the 10mm uses UMP45 pattern or UMP40 pattern mags?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#42]
Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Anyone know if the 10mm uses UMP45 pattern or UMP40 pattern mags?
View Quote

Might have to ask GO.
Seems to me it would make more sense that it was .40 pattern since that’s the same case diameter as 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a SP9A3 with a low serial (GSB16##).

I haven’t had any issues with it but I’ve been out of the Stribog (and shooting scene) for about two years.

Back then, there were some initial issues with the angled locking block and I contacted GO and they sent me a US marked one so I now have both.

I have installed an HBI buffer as well as played with a B&T hydraulic buffer which I’ve got working.

My question is - does my gun need any other changes done by GO?  Is the locking piece the only thing that’s changed when you send it in?

Want there an issue with the rails being gouged somehow?  If so, how was/would I address that?  Just want this to last as long as possible.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#44]
Originally Posted By azscooby:
I have a SP9A3 with a low serial (GSB16##).

I haven’t had any issues with it but I’ve been out of the Stribog (and shooting scene) for about two years.

Back then, there were some initial issues with the angled locking block and I contacted GO and they sent me a US marked one so I now have both.

I have installed an HBI buffer as well as played with a B&T hydraulic buffer which I’ve got working.

My question is - does my gun need any other changes done by GO?  Is the locking piece the only thing that’s changed when you send it in?

Want there an issue with the rails being gouged somehow?  If so, how was/would I address that?  Just want this to last as long as possible.
Thanks!
View Quote

Get the post 4000 SN bolt.  The HBI will take care of gouging.  Get their safety selector too.  Put the original weight block back in when the new bolt comes in (free); which will also mitigate the degree of bolt velocity and potential for gouging.  Ppretty sure it's the roller impacted down upon bottoming out at the end recoil cycle, getting smacked down by the inertia of the block; that caused that.  The the higher the velocity the worse it will be - both mitigated by the above.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a question on a SP9A3.

I have a Stribog SP9A3 unfired from about 2 years ago. It came with one curved mag and to metal reinforced straight mags. The locking piece is not marked US.

What am I looking for when it comes to potential issues. What should I be looking for to avoid the roller damaging the receiver?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:30:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#46]
Originally Posted By ClickClickBoom1:

I have a Stribog SP9A3 unfired from about 2 years ago. It came with one curved mag and to metal reinforced straight mags. The locking piece is not marked US.

What am I looking for when it comes to potential issues. What should I be looking for to avoid the roller damaging the receiver?
View Quote

Discard the straight mags (you won't, but you get the picture).  Keep your unmarked roller locking piece, it's fine (my preference).  JMHO, but the "issue" they were trying to fix with that, had more to do with the feed lips are too short on the straight mags, and the curved ones finally got that part right.  That's actually the big improvement with the curved mags.  The curve is good and helps with smoother loading and feeding, but I think the jamming had more to do with the lips, than the curve - which is now fixed.  The US roller was just part of a spectrum of things they "fixed" all at once, and I don't think that "fix" was actually needed, so much as a post4000 SN bolt.  You can ask Global for a new US marked roller block one and they'll send it to you, but don't actually use it.  Make sure you have the post 4000 SN bolt.  Put in the HBI recoil buffer.   Might as well upgrade to their safety selector and low profile muzzle-break/thread cap while there and paying shipping anyway.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks!

Anything to look for with the bulging receiver?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Discard the straight mags (you won't, but you get the picture).  Keep your unmarked roller locking piece, it's fine (my preference).  JMHO, but the "issue" they were trying to fix with that, had more to do with the feed lips are too short on the straight mags, and the curved ones finally got that part right.  That's actually the big improvement with the curved mags.  The curve is good and helps with smoother loading and feeding, but I think the jamming had more to do with the lips, than the curve - which is now fixed.  The US roller was just part of a spectrum of things they "fixed" all at once, and I don't think that "fix" was actually needed, so much as a post4000 SN bolt.  You can ask Global for a new US marked roller block one and they'll send it to you, but don't actually use it.  Make sure you have the post 4000 SN bolt.  Put in the HBI recoil buffer.   Might as well upgrade to their safety selector and low profile muzzle-break/thread cap while there and paying shipping anyway.  

View All Quotes

How do I know if I have the post 4000 SN bolt? My SN# is GSB23XX? What does the new bolt look like?;
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#49]

How do I know if I have the post 4000 SN bolt? My SN# is GSB23XX? What does the new bolt look like?;
View All Quotes

GSB4xxx ?

Call Global Ordinance and get them to send you a new bolt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClickClickBoom1] [#50]
Thanks for all the help.

I sent and email with photos of all the parts to Global Ordinance.

The Stribog was purchased from Atlanta Firearms on 02.25.2022. it came with one curved mag, a curved trigger and the locking peace is stamped 45.Is there any chance this was upgraded as it seems to be past the "fix" announcement from Global. The bolt does not have a serial number on it.

Again, this place is great.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top