Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2023 7:46:45 PM EDT
Not a shotgun expert, but I have a Mossberg 9200A1 Jungle Gun that I cherish for some reason. Bought it new and got the Choate folding stock and an extra barrel on closeout for $50.

Now, I'm thinking cutting the spare barrel down to 12" and putting the folding stock on it would make a cool fun gun.

Obviously, cutting it like that would get rid of any choke it had (IC?), so is getting the barrel, which is pretty heavy, threaded for chokes a good idea?

From what I gather, Rem-chokes are pretty standard, so who can  cut and thread the barrel for chokes?

And don't say any competent local gunsmith, because I haven't found one of those yet, lol.

If you are a competent local gunsmith in the N metro ATL area, feel free to reach out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Rose Action Sports.

They can do it all
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Third vote for Steve @ Rose Action Sports, Don't bother sending it anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Fourth for Rose Action Sports. He did my shockwave barrel up for chokes and it's been great!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it. Can they do engraving?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kc3:
Looks like it. Can they do engraving?
View Quote

You’ll have to ask but I don’t think so.

Paging @GunCat

I get my engraving done at Tar Heel State Firearms.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I had him thread an old cut down mossberg 500 barrel for me with a mossberg style threading. So don’t just assume you will have to go to a fifteenth make unless you want to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scrambler07:
I had him thread an old cut down mossberg 500 barrel for me with a mossberg style threading. So don’t just assume you will have to go to a fifteenth make unless you want to.
View Quote

He can’t/won’t do Benelli Crio threading because apparently the taps are unobtanium.

He did my M2 with TruChoke threading, which is apparently the same as Remington.
Top Top