Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT
I recently purchased an ART II scope for my M1A. The question I have is there a removable cheek piece I can get somewhere to raise my head up enough to see through the scope and still have a good cheek to stock weld. I will be shooting this with mainly iron sites, but would like the option to shoot with scope if necessary. I dont want the lace on kind or a stock with an adjustable cheek. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I purchased a kydex one from Karsten, a member of this board.  It does require drilling of the stock but has qd knobs if you want to remove it, drop it low for irons, or generally adjust it quickly.  It has been rock solid so far...
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i got a nylon one from SA.
it was ok.  the leather ones are for the M1 Garrand.
i made one out of hard rubber and used 100 MPH tap to tape it to the stock.

other than that your are looking at a new stock.  $300 and up.
or you can buy two stock from Freds.  leave one plain and then cut one and fit in a high comb.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up one from Rooster a Cananadian company and I like it so far.  It's made out of Kydex and does require some drilling.  I haven't mustered up the balls to put it on my new SA mossy oak stock but I do have one on my old synthetic stock.  I'll post some pics later if you'd like.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll post some pics later if you'd like.

Please do. I am interested in one of these adjustable cheek peices as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If any one is interested you can see pictures of adjustable cheek rest on pages #10-11 in the Gallery on my website.

www.imageseek.com/karsten

Somewhat more compact than my 1st design and now made of 1/4 inch material.

Karsten
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the BlackHawk Tactical Cheek Pad and have had good results with it.

From the Blackhawk website.

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help. I had a blackhawk cheek pad on my bolt rifle and tried it out. It seems to work fine for what I need. Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a strap on one (3 sinch straps) from Smith Enterprise desert como they have black also. Good price I think $30.00 plus shipping. I couldn't find them on their web site. I originally found them on gunbroker.com under m1a
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Here you go man.

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll post some pics later if you'd like.

Please do. I am interested in one of these adjustable cheek peices as well.

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's my Mossy stock with a lace up Blackhawk cheek pad.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
 Ill post a few pics when I get this BABY ready to Rock !!!!

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm curious; there's been two recent articles on M1A/M14's in Shotgun News (Nov 22nd and Dec 01st) and both times the M14 pictured had the same type of strap on cheek pad.  I have not been able to find it on my Google searches.  Can anyone identify this particular brand of strap on
cheek pad/piece?  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope someone can tell me where to get one of these:

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if it is a updated Scope Eze design and Brownell's doesn't list it.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=15487&s=

Karsten
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I've also used the strap-on cheek pad from Brownells and didn't like it - it kept moving around.

Come to think of it, I no longer use it and would just as soon sell it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm curious; there's been two recent articles on M1A/M14's in Shotgun News (Nov 22nd and Dec 01st) and both times the M14 pictured had the same type of strap on cheek pad.  I have not been able to find it on my Google searches.  Can anyone identify this particular brand of strap on
cheek pad/piece?  Thanks guys.

IIRC, they are Smith Enterprises Cheekrests.

www.smithenterprise.com/products03.html

Scroll halfway down the page and you will find them.

I use a Rooster33 adustable cheekrest.

SKBY.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I make a cheekpiece mod on wood and fiberglass M1A stocks but can't figure out how to post pics here.  They're made like the factory springfield adjustable cheekpiece wood stock with two retaining thumbscrews.  If you're interested e-mail me for pics.  Thanks.  Joe
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just picked up one from Rooster a Cananadian company and I like it so far.  It's made out of Kydex and does require some drilling.  I haven't mustered up the balls to put it on my new SA mossy oak stock but I do have one on my old synthetic stock.  I'll post some pics later if you'd like.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top