Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/6/2006 1:50:04 PM EDT

Quoted:
TOMMY-BOY, DO WE HAVE A NEW DATE SET YET??

And let's not plan it on 7-30, please

The last shoot was phenomenal and was in my opinion the funnest to date.  Mickey Mouse and friends got blown to hell and a lot of new faces were once again present.  As asked above, the next shoot is being planned just over 5-weeks out which should give everyone PLENTY OF TIME to plan their schedules accordingly.  FYI, stay tuned for the posting of the South Florida AR15.com Weekend Shoot to be held in the end of September soon to be followed by the Florida / Georgia Sleep & Shoot in the end of October.

Lastly, the video of the last shoot is still being compiled, as I'm currently busy in Post Production of another project right now but will be finished with that shortly, as I have an actual deadline w/ that one; not to mention I'm being paid handsomely to do it.

All necessary information is below.
----------

When
Sunday, August 13th, 9:00 AM

Where (see directions below)

Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area Public Shooting Range
29200 Tucker Grade Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33955.
Phone: 941-575-5768

Cost (per person)
$3.00 per person at the unattended entrance (there's a yellow post)
----------

Maps and Directions

From North
Head south on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn left on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

From South
Head north on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn right on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

Directions To the Range
Stop at the Entrance (sign and Yellow Post to your right)
After paying the park entrance fee, continue straight on the dirt road.
About 1/2 mile down the dirt road, you will see the Ranges on the left.

When pulling into the Ranges, you will see four (4) ranges. The first one is the long range, second is the Pistol and Rifle Range, the third is a 100-yard rifle and pistol range (really nice), and the very end will be the Shotgun Range. We will be at the third range on the right. Just look for the Green Dodge Grand Caravan with a large white AR15.com Logo on the back window.

--------------------

See You All There!!!

And Yes... Class III's Are OK!!!

Click here to watch videos of the past shoots.
A thread has been made sticky over at the FSN Boards.

Link Posted: 7/6/2006 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, see you there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Shall we refer to it as the Hurricane Charley Memorial shoot?

Hurricane Charley, Friday, August 13, 2004.IIRC around 4 PM

jj

Link Posted: 7/6/2006 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I will try to be there!
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha Ha!!!  I had the other thread locked to force all yall bastages over here!!! FEEL MY WRATH!!!  
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Shall we refer to it as the Hurricane Charley Memorial shoot?

Didn't Think of That
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ha Ha!!!  I had the other thread locked to force all yall bastages over here!!! FEEL MY WRATH!!!  

ooooooh Mormon WRATH
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Make it for the 20th instead. That would be like 3rd one i've missed you dickheads! I'll bring Jenn and she'll bring cookies!

J

....the 13th?

..... I don't even know what to say  so here's a picture of a big red chicken in a jumpsuit.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2006 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did anyone get a pic of the ###### characters gettin' it on?.

Huh?  That's a bit explicit now don't you think?  I would NEVER get a photo of that!!!    

Link Posted: 7/6/2006 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have taken that day off.
Link Posted: 7/7/2006 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I will do my best to be there.  The last shoot was great!
Link Posted: 7/7/2006 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like I might be able to attend.
Link Posted: 7/8/2006 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not sure if I've met ya yet.  Looking forward to it!!!

Oh... and bump.
Link Posted: 7/8/2006 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 3:35:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if I've met ya yet.  Looking forward to it!!!

Oh... and bump.

so the date stands for the 13th?

J

Yea.  Can you not get that day off?
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't make it for the 20th. My stoopid beloved cousin is getting married in Tallahasee.

jj

Link Posted: 7/9/2006 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Ok, seriously do you have a some form of brain damage or alzheimer's ? I believe I already posted about the fact i cannot have that off and this would be like the 4th shoot I've been unable to attend.This is like having a conversation with my grandfather.

J

The date has been set and it's not moving.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Ok, seriously do you have a some form of brain damage or alzheimer's ? I believe I already posted about the fact i cannot have that off and this would be like the 4th shoot I've been unable to attend.This is like having a conversation with my grandfather.
J

Maybe Rich will ask Josh if he wants to swap days off so Josh doesn't have to miss yet another shoot. That would be uber-coolness.
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#21]
ATTENTION!

O.K., let me step in here.

I consider myself a "co-founder" of sorts of our "Team".The shoots were suggested by me, Tom and I hahed out what little details exist and here we are today.Due to Tom's efforts, planning, posting and organizing we are able to have a great time every 6-8 weeks. We don't thank Tom enough.(although he does have that cool camera!)

Here is the point. We have changed dates at request, only to have that member not show up anyway. We tried changing to a Saturday shoot, at other peoples request.(they didn't show either) So when Tom has called me to asked what we should do, I say, set it and forget it. If you can come, great, if not, sorry.

We are not a club. We don't charge dues, have officers, or any other BS. That is by design, not accident. We serve up hot dogs, hamburgers, soda, water even cookies. No charge. We just bring some grub and share. No problem.

To address your specific concerns, other guys that work on Sundays try to make the shoot, and then leave early to go to work. Maybe that is an option? Let's not make this difficult. BTW, anybody can have a shoot anytime they want. I have been shooting with several members here other times other than the shoots. We've been camping together, gone to MG shoots together, etc......

It's ALL good!!!!

As you were

jj
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

J

Maybe Rich will ask Josh if he wants to swap days off so Josh doesn't have to miss yet another shoot. That would be uber-coolness.

I think that what you would call "taking one for the team!"
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
ATTENTION!

O.K., let me step in here.

I consider myself a "co-founder" of sorts of our "Team".The shoots were suggested by me, Tom and I hahed out what little details exist and here we are today.Due to Tom's efforts, planning, posting and organizing we are able to have a great time every 6-8 weeks. We don't thank Tom enough.(although he does have that cool camera!)

Here is the point. We have changed dates at request, only to have that member not show up anyway. We tried changing to a Saturday shoot, at other peoples request.(they didn't show either) So when Tom has called me to asked what we should do, I say, set it and forget it. If you can come, great, if not, sorry.

We are not a club. We don't charge dues, have officers, or any other BS. That is by design, not accident. We serve up hot dogs, hamburgers, soda, water even cookies. No charge. We just bring some rub and share. No problem.

To address your specific concerns, other guys that work on Sundays try to make the shoot, and then leave early to go to work. Maybe that is an option? Let's not make this difficult. BTW, anybody can have a shoot anytime they want. I have been shooting with several members here other times other than the shoots. We've been camping together, gone to MG shoots together, etc......

It's ALL good!!!!

As you were

jj

lmfao.....I just read this thread in its entirety.  I think I told Tom the same thing word for word with regards to our E/W combined shoot.  We're gonna SET IT AND FORGET IT shortly.  Hoping everyone can make it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

J

Actually don't worry about it. I don't think i will be attending anymore group related shoots.

The original team....
tomfernandezproduction.com/Pictures/2005.03.20_ARFCOM_Informal/Picture%20066.jpg

J

Not an issue. Rottrob has missed many shoots. No complaining.

Do not make this a pissing match.....Do you make the point that you are right and everyone else is wrong??????

Come on out if you can.......after you have cooled your temper down.

jj

Link Posted: 7/9/2006 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow, seems like there is a lot of high school drama going on.  I've been wanting to come to one of these shoots for some time now, but it seems like whenever I get the chance, something happens and can't make it.  I had every intention of making the shoot last week, but my newborn son was being difficult and on top of that, I didn't stock up on enough ammo and couldn't find any at the last minute. That is just the way some things happen.  No one's fault, that's just the way it is.  But I again will try in August to come to that one.  I've been psyched for some time about attending one of these with some fellow SW Floridians and shooting lots of guns!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I had every intention of making the shoot last week, but my newborn son was being difficult and on top of that, I didn't stock up on enough ammo and couldn't find any at the last minute

Bah!!!  Excuses... Not good enough sir!!!    LOL
Link Posted: 7/9/2006 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Count me in this time.  Maybe my 9 year old 19" monitor will break by then so I can bring it out.

I refuse to purchase another monitor until it dies on me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2006 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had every intention of making the shoot last week, but my newborn son was being difficult and on top of that, I didn't stock up on enough ammo and couldn't find any at the last minute

Bah!!!  Excuses... Not good enough sir!!!    LOL

+1 We BOTH offered you ammo so
Link Posted: 7/10/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]
well we held one on a saturday and hardly anyone showed up. I know it sucks to miss the shoots but we did schedule it more than 30 days in advance so you would have the oppertunity to swap days or ask for time off.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Up we go.
Link Posted: 7/11/2006 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Gosh,
I haven't been to a shoot since .......January, because of one thing , another, now back surgery.......geez maybe by thanksgiving we can make it again.  I am itching to try out my new LMT Defender 2000, Knights RAS II, Aimpoint, etc......The squirrels out back don't like it when the back door opens
Link Posted: 7/12/2006 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Cool. I will be there with girlfriend and daughter in tow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Haven't been to a group shoot since I went to the Anniversary Defensive Carbine shoot up in Gainesville...what, a year...2?...ago.  Without checking with the "keeper of the dates" it looks like I might be able to make this one.  Soudns like fun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I will do my damnedest to make it this time. I couldn't miss my beloved BoSox in Miami, which, unfortunately, fell on the same weekend as the last shoot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Bill, the Event Director of Manatee Gun & Archery Club called me yesterday and we chatted it up for 10-minutes.  He's an awesome guy and he said that he really enjoyed our group out at the Machine Gun Shoot a month ago.  He said we really built ourselves a reputation out there with the guys due to that one day.  Nice words indeed!!!

He then expressed interest in coming to this next shoot and was curious about Class III's.  When I mentioned Chris' name (Osprey21) he immediately perked up and said he'll bring his toys if he comes out.  He said he may also try to get a few other guys to come out.  Another bonus!!!

Lastly he mentioned to me that one of the AR15.com boys (in our group) showed up and had forgotten his $20 to get on the line to shoot.  Bill graciously paid the entry fee for this individual so he could get on the line and he was promised that he would pay the $20 back as soon as he got home by sending it in the mail or whatever means they agreed upon.  Names and phone numbers were written down and hands were shook and one of our ARFCOM'ers got on the line and shot.

To this day Bill has called the number repeatedly with no return calls and no attempt in return has been made to get in touch with him.  I know whom this individual is (by name) and I won't mention anything about it after this post, but I do believe that you need to honor your agreement and pay Bill back the $20 for getting you on that line to shoot.  When you come to the next shoot I won't even make mention of this, as it's between you and Bill.  If you simply have forgotten or lost his contact info, then please IM me and I'll put you in touch w/ him.

Also, anyone who tries to IM me in private trying to find out whom it is, I apologize, but it's once again between this ARFCOM'er and Bill.

Sorry I had to end the post on that note but I feel that Bill and Manatee Gun & Archery Club did us all good that day and this is a friendly request Bill made to me personally.  It's not the money that is the point, it's the agreement that was shaken upon by a fellow ARFCOM'er.

HONESTY and INTEGRITY.   Let's stick to it!!!  Lookin' forward to the 13th!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Bill, the Event Director of Manatee Gun & Archery Club called me yesterday and we chatted it up for 10-minutes.  He's an awesome guy and he said that he really enjoyed our group out at the Machine Gun Shoot a month ago.  He said we really built ourselves a reputation out there with the guys due to that one day.  Nice words indeed!!!

He then expressed interest in coming to this next shoot and was curious about Class III's.  When I mentioned Chris' name (Osprey21) he immediately perked up and said he'll bring his toys if he comes out.  He said he may also try to get a few other guys to come out.  Another bonus!!!

Lastly he mentioned to me that one of the AR15.com boys (in our group) showed up and had forgotten his $20 to get on the line to shoot.  Bill graciously paid the entry fee for this individual so he could get on the line and he was promised that he would pay the $20 back as soon as he got home by sending it in the mail or whatever means they agreed upon.  Names and phone numbers were written down and hands were shook and one of our ARFCOM'ers got on the line and shot.

To this day Bill has called the number repeatedly with no return calls and no attempt in return has been made to get in touch with him.  I know whom this individual is (by name) and I won't mention anything about it after this post, but I do believe that you need to honor your agreement and pay Bill back the $20 for getting you on that line to shoot.  When you come to the next shoot I won't even make mention of this, as it's between you and Bill.  If you simply have forgotten or lost his contact info, then please IM me and I'll put you in touch w/ him.

Also, anyone who tries to IM me in private trying to find out whom it is, I apologize, but it's once again between this ARFCOM'er and Bill.

Sorry I had to end the post on that note but I feel that Bill and Manatee Gun & Archery Club did us all good that day and this is a friendly request Bill made to me personally.  It's not the money that is the point, it's the agreement that was shaken upon by a fellow ARFCOM'er.

HONESTY and INTEGRITY.   Let's stick to it!!!  Lookin' forward to the 13th!!!

Outstanding!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2006 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife decided to come again and took the day off, so I won't have to leave early again...

Looks like I'll be there
Link Posted: 7/14/2006 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
My wife decided to come again and took the day off, so I won't have to leave early again...

Looks like I'll be there

Sweet Justin!  Always good to see you there!  By the way, what book is your wife reading?
Link Posted: 7/14/2006 3:41:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

To this day Bill has called the number repeatedly with no return calls and no attempt in return has been made to get in touch with him.  I know whom this individual is (by name) and I won't mention anything about it after this post, but I do believe that you need to honor your agreement and pay Bill back the $20 for getting you on that line to shoot.

Link Posted: 7/14/2006 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To this day Bill has called the number repeatedly with no return calls and no attempt in return has been made to get in touch with him.  I know whom this individual is (by name) and I won't mention anything about it after this post, but I do believe that you need to honor your agreement and pay Bill back the $20 for getting you on that line to shoot.

if someone calls, see if they got my cleaning rod......yet.

sorry had to...

but yes, who-ever it is your just makeing it worse..  if payed then all's good, stuff happens...
Link Posted: 7/14/2006 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like I'll be there

Sweet Justin!  Always good to see you there!  By the way, what book is your wife reading?

She already finished it, it was written by Tami Hoag(Sp?) She loves those murder/phsyco-path mystery-type stories
Link Posted: 7/14/2006 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like I'll be there

She already finished it, it was written by Tami Hoag(Sp?) She loves those murder/phsyco-path mystery-type stories

And you still sleep good at night?

jj
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

jj

When she lets me sleep

BTT
Link Posted: 7/15/2006 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Quoted:

jj

When she lets me sleep

You are studly!

Link Posted: 7/16/2006 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#48]
BTT
Link Posted: 7/18/2006 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

jj

When she lets me sleep

You are studly!

Yes, yes! *sips soda*
Link Posted: 7/20/2006 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Whoa there buddy.   Page 2.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top