Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2007 4:19:51 PM EDT
Well I was nice enough to invite the guys over at the floridashootersnetwork.com over to our Easter Shoot.  I don't frequent their site much.

Here is the post I'm referring too:

floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17824

Unknowingly, I posted a satellite image that was too large in size according to FSN rules.  The picture was meant to help FSN members find our shoot easily.

The post was edited as follows:

WTF is up with the "remedial English" comment?  This was from the "Site Admin" may I add.

I never received an Email or PM letting me know about the change or rule from anyone over at FSN.

I came back to the site (following an email link that only takes me to new posts) after the shoot to thank the members for joining us and posted again.  The image I posted was again to large.  Since I followed the link I never saw the previously edited post.

So now I'm banned for 30 days for trying to be nice and inadvertently breaking their rule..  Last time I try to be nice and invite FSN over to a ARFCOM shoot. Here is the email I got after being banned from "Moe" -- the "Site Admin"

Again -- WTF with the attacks from an Admin?  Do they hate us ARFCOM'ers over there?

Don't know what to say other than someone needs his meds and assuming I don't get a apologetic email from Moe, its the last time I visit FSN.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No loss. The site is pretty lame. I visit it, but there really isn't anything there to miss.
I'm thinking I'll try to break the same rule. Just for laughs....

jj
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Seems like Moe is moderately full of himself.  

How many warnings did you get?

Or did he simply edit the pics figuring you would get the "hint"
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can do is shake my head.  It sounds like you are dealing with a power hungry teenager who is dwelling in his glory of being a site admin.

I hope there is more than one admin and you can address the issue with someone else.  The Remedial english remark was totally unprofessional... and should have gotten a warning from another site admin for bashing / stomping.

I hope they pull the 30day ban, since it was only 2 hours between posts.  I hope anyone can realize that you may not have seen the edit, and for arguements sake... i don't see a time stamp when the admin edited your post ( could have been minutes before or even after your second post )
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No loss. The site is pretty lame. I visit it, but there really isn't anything there to miss.
I'm thinking I'll try to break the same rule. Just for laughs....

jj

LMFAO !!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I was watching that FSN thread and saw both of Omi's post's shortly after he posted them.  I never saw the admin comments in red but recall another comment of which I remember wondering what it meant.  Yes, I think he is out of line because I followed it and it was not apparent to me until now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I read the post at FSN.  You were more than helpful and kind to invite them and provide answers and directions.  

I guess that teaches you to be helpful..... screw em next time
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Unbelievable!!!!!  Who needs that site anyway.  It IS pretty lame.  Let's all post gigantic posts on the site now.  ARFCOM is all you need anyway.
Renkin2688
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How many warnings did you get?

Or did he simply edit the pics figuring you would get the "hint"

No warnings -- just the edit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want help, check [email protected]. He is also a site admin over there. He seems like a pretty good guy.

That being said, maybe everybody should go over there and post big pics.....then we can all mock him.

jj
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you want help, check [email protected]. He is also a site admin over there. He seems like a pretty good guy.

That being said, maybe everybody should go over there and post big pics.....then we can all mock him.

jj

Took your advise and emailed sksseven the link to this post.  I've talked with him in the past and he has seemed like a real nice guy.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And you guys think I'M a dick!

That guy takes dickery to a new level!

Your now a very little dick
JK -- DONT BAN ME !!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, a dick indeed.  I just posted to the thread in a nice way.  If he continues his ways definitely a large image posting deluge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Why waste your time posting over there.
I think there are only four people who regularly post there + the admins.
And the admin who edited your message did admit to being an asshole by assuming what you did was to purposely break their lame rules.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
so does that mean his ban is lifted ? its not very often you find guys willing to put together shoots like this .. i could not make this one but he has my vote for going above and beyond.FSN is a good board but has had its share of problems (much worse then this) and the user was not ban .  its very easy to make an honest mistake of posting too big of pics. my settings are high for my own personal use and have almost forgotten to change them to post pics on that forum..

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I understand where Tony is coming from and he's an honorable guy but I'm sorry that reply by a mod at FSN was exceptionally rude and childish. WTF?

Now I've got a thick skin so frankly I wouldn't give a shit but it's that type of attitude and internet little-big-man syndrome that shows the maturity level of the guy you're dealing with.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

So some nitwit on a gun forum gets his tampon all twisted up about some petty 'violation of the forum rules'....whoop-de-fucking-do. Talk about ridiculous.

Glad you had fun with the shoot though!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]
MiamiTJ I, also, was shocked to read his comments for banning you. Personally I believe he is a little full of himself, but life goes on!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:11:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I have seen moderators on that board belittle new posters and have the members join in on the bash fest ....Oh wait  which board am i on? AR15 whew.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#21]
and one reason i aint been back to that place or others like it.

Lil rude of the admin. IMHO. and not good PR.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I have not posted there in years. And wont be any time soon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#23]
lets not turn this into some petty board war. we can't afford it in times like these.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I say we fight!  Boardwar!
J/K

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
lets not turn this into some petty board war.

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, it appears that Moe has given TJ a backhanded apology. He did admit his mistake, however, blasted TJ for causing a "stink" over here.

As I commented on the thread, it was obvious who started the stench.

It's all good!

jj
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I was reinstated and got a 1/2 ass apology for being banned.  No comment was made about the attitude or the attack.  I did reply and call him on it.  At this point I don't really care what happens or what his response is. here are the too posts for those who don't frequent FSN ...  I consider the public drama on this over.

Thx to all who stood up for me ...

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, I am really shocked to say the least.  I honestly didn't believe there was so much disdain towards the FSN forum from the FL shooting community. It also makes me disheartened that people can automaticity judge an entire forum basted on the action of one of its members. I can honestly say I there are a few people I don't care for on FSN, however I also have met some of the most genuine people I have ever known there as well.

IIRC just a few weeks ago a bunch of FSN members went out of their way to help an ARFCOMer. who had a bad situation happen to him. It wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last time our board has come together to help one of our brothers or just a fellow shooter period.

Maybe Moe erred in his judgment. Maybe he was having a bad day. I think that has happened to all of us at times. The fact is he did apologize and man up to what he did. That takes a lot of balls IMHO. Our forum has changed quite a bit since the passing of our late friend Nick Ward. It may not be the biggest or best on the net, but I feel I have a certain camaraderie with some of our members. that's something I just don't find on a large forum like arfcom.

As far as the taking of pot shots go's, the way I feel about it is you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. If you don't like the way something is going or being done on the FSN we have always had an open door policy. Instead of making insults why not try e-mailing or PM'ing some of the site staff and telling them what you think needs improvement. I realize that will never work for the certain percentage of trolls like to stir shit on webforums; however, I still extend my welcome to anyone who would like to come to our site to enjoy good conversation and friendship with fellow hobbyists.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I like FSN, I've never had a problem there, and I've met some great people through that site.  I agree that there's no reason to fault FSN for the actions of one individual.

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]
SKSseven,

Despite how it may appear I don't believe there is any serious dislike from ARFCOMers for FSN as a whole.  I have not posted much there but I visit often and read what interests me.  I have at times have had mixed feelings regarding some of the attitudes and feelings expressed there but it is a free country.  I am not sure who actually "owns" FSN and I realize it a free for us to participate and as such we do not have any actual rights.  It just sucks when a mod exercises poor judgement and a bad attitude and we just have to deal with it as well as blasted publicly.  When he expressed himself here Omi did not ask anyone to act against Moe.  He was justified to come here and share his experience just like when we have bad experiences with particular gun shops or ranges.  Hopefully this is past us.  I hope mods on both sites treat us with the same respect and courtesy that they expect from us.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I agree that there's no reason to fault FSN for the actions of one individual.

X2 -- Everyone is entitled to a bad day.  Every forum has their moments -- FSN is no different from ar15.com or any other site.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Wow, I am really shocked to say the least.  I honestly didn't believe there was so much disdain towards the FSN forum from the FL shooting community. It also makes me disheartened that people can automaticity judge an entire forum basted on the action of one of its members. I can honestly say I there are a few people I don't care for on FSN, however I also have met some of the most genuine people I have ever known there as well.

IIRC just a few weeks ago a bunch of FSN members went out of their way to help an ARFCOMer. who had a bad situation happen to him. It wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last time our board has come together to help one of our brothers or just a fellow shooter period.

Maybe Moe erred in his judgment. Maybe he was having a bad day. I think that has happened to all of us at times. The fact is he did apologize and man up to what he did. That takes a lot of balls IMHO. Our forum has changed quite a bit since the passing of our late friend Nick Ward. It may not be the biggest or best on the net, but I feel I have a certain camaraderie with some of our members. that's something I just don't find on a large forum like arfcom.

As far as the taking of pot shots go's, the way I feel about it is you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. If you don't like the way something is going or being done on the FSN we have always had an open door policy. Instead of making insults why not try e-mailing or PM'ing some of the site staff and telling them what you think needs improvement. I realize that will never work for the certain percentage of trolls like to stir shit on webforums; however, I still extend my welcome to anyone who would like to come to our site to enjoy good conversation and friendship with fellow hobbyists.

There is no dislike of FSN here atleast by me. I'm a member there although my logins and few and frequent I have nothing against FSN.

We all need to stick together. EVERYONE. FSN. ARFCOM. GLOCKTALK. AK-47.NET. the Fudds, the taciticools, the old and the young. EVERYONE. the evil ones are in charge of the goverment again.

WE HAVE TO BE UNITED. WE DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF PETTY ANTY BULLSHIT RIGHT NOW.

While we take the time to post and bitch over who said what 1022 is picking up sponsers people. this time it won't be like the old AWB. we'll be fucked FOREVER!

The "whaaa I got  banned by blah blah blah" bullshit needs to stop. by EVERYONE. RIGHT NOW.

The finger pointing and the inter-board back stabbing needs to fucking stop.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Shocked? Why, because some people thought Moe was acting like an ass? (his reputation proceeds him)

Disdain? Yes, a few of us were pissed because of the turn of events, that causes some sharp tongues to come out (guilty, as charged).

Automatic judgement? Moe is a site admin, not just a "member". Higher standards.

Maybe Moe erred, but his apology was hollow. Blaming Miamitj for making a "stink" proved that.

but like I said....it's all good!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I was reinstated and got a 1/2 ass apology for being banned.  No comment was made about the attitude or the attack.  I did reply and call him on it.  At this point I don't really care what happens or what his response is. here are the too posts for those who don't frequent FSN ...  I consider the public drama on this over.

Thx to all who stood up for me ...

www.myfamilia.org/fsnposts/reply.jpg

www.myfamilia.org/fsnposts/myreply.jpg

Ummm...I hate to bring this up right now, but...can you make that a little bigger so I can read it??

Link Posted: 4/9/2007 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I also am a moderator on FSN, and I would like to personally apologize for this whole situation.

Members here are certainly invited to join us over there.

I never moderate anyone unless they post some really nasty stuff.  I guess that's what moderators are actually for!  17, .22, .22mag, .25, .38, 9X18, 9X19, .357sig, .357mag, .40, 10mm. .44mag, .45, .455, 12gua, .223, .30 carbine, 30-30, 7.62X39, .308, 7.62X54R, 30-06
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
And you guys think I'M a dick!

That guy takes dickery to a new level!

You're not THAT big a dick!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Alls well that ends well...........Lets do some shooting!!!!  4/15 here we come, and Punani STILL has a California Legal AR!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ummm...I hate to bring this up right now, but...can you make that a little bigger so I can read it??

LMFAO
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#42]
No board wars needed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top