User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2008 6:00:10 PM EDT
Bushido Tactical – Handgun Condition Readiness Course
Hosted by: Patriot Defensive Tactics
May 24th & 25th
Cost: $295
Instructor: Wade Rorich

Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced shooter you are invited to join us. You will learn new concepts and the proper techniques including shooting from cover, shooting on the move, clearing weapons malfunctions, low light shooting, and much more. This intense and challenging course is sure to improve your defensive gunfighting skills.

This course is limited to 16 students.

Bushidotactical.com

Course Information

Registration Here
Please print and fax completed registration form.

Range information will be sent to participants via email after registration process.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm reserving two spots.  Paperwork en route.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Great, I'm looking forward to shooting with you again Supertac.

Henry
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I am in. Just have to get clearance from the boss, err wife.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else thinking about attending this course? We are having a lot of guys from the carbine course show interest, but we'd like to see some new faces too. So if you're thinking about it or have any questions; let's hear from you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know that this class is a definate go. We've still got a couple of open slots though for anyone that wants to get in.

Look forward to see you there.

Henry
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm signed up.  This will be my first training class.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to see you on board Blaculo. You'll get a lot out of this class. If you have any pre-class questions don't hesitate to ask.

See you there!

Henry
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool! This is gonna be a great class. It will good shootin with Henry, Supertac, and the gang again. Really looking forward to this class.
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Only 6 available slots left for this course. Register soon if you want to guarantee a place in this class.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm also signed up.Another first timer
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Great to see you signed up Mook! Looking forward to meeting you.

See you there.

Henry
Link Posted: 4/30/2008 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Down to only 5 slots left for this class.

We are going to cover competitive and tactical type shooting drills and techniques so bring any type of gear that you want to train in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Down to 3 more slots left for this class.

It is in less than 2 weeks away.

Hope to meet some of the hometown members at this class.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Only one week left... I'm really looking forward to getting out to shoot with Wade and the guys from previous classes. It will be good to meet some new folks too.

See you all there.

Henry
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll be out of town for Memorial weekend.. but I've sent my buddy Harlin in my stead.

David
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Last week to register. This will include a Night shoot as well.

Don't wait to read about it and then wish you were there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I really need to take a handgun class since that is what I carry all the time. I wish I could take this one, but too short notice. How many spots do you have left available, if any? I was looking on your website at the Level 1 this one and the Level 2 that you offer and didn't see a scheduled date. Are you planning on having a Level 2 class at the FOP range anytime after the Level 1?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#18]
We plan to contiue offering courses at the St. Augustine FOP. If you can not make this one, stay tuned there will be more to come.

There should still be room for you to get in.

Henry
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I see you guys offer a Defensive Shotgun course. No schedule for that upcoming at all either. I've got a few guys that I know of here in Jax that would be interested in taking that one. Let me know about this one, very interested if offered at ST AUG FOP range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#20]
We still have about 4 slots left for the pistol class available. As to the Level 2 pistol class, we require our Level 1 class to be completed first be allowing anyone to attend it.

I am still discussing future dates with my host, Patriot_Arms and will be updating the course schedule on our website as soon as we have dates locked down.

I hope you can make this upcoming class this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are in for some damn good training.   Wish I could make this one, but I'm working the Miami gun show with SAI this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm taking the level 1 this weekend. I hope to take the level 2 also.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You need to take a level 0 class before taking a level 1 class. Just remember don't do what Drewbie would do!
Stay safe, remember what i told you keep your FINGER of the TRIGGER. You don't wanna shoot yourself in the foot again!
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to take a level 0 class before taking a level 1 class. Just remember don't do what Drewbie would do!
Stay safe, remember what i told you keep your FINGER of the TRIGGER. You don't wanna shoot yourself in the foot again!

i didn't shoot myself in the foot!.....i just winged it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Just sent my registration in...looks like fun!

-Delta
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just sent my registration in...looks like fun!

-Delta

Sweet glad to know you got in! Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Looking forward to another great class with Wade. See you all there this weekend.

Henry
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Henry, thanks for hosting another course. This is gonna be fun and educational. But I am bringin the rain gear just in case!

Link Posted: 5/23/2008 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
What's a little rain hurt?
Hope for the best, but prepair for the worst.

Henry
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow! Another great weekend of training with Wade Rorich.

Two days of quality instruction from a man who is not just knowledgeable, but also passionate about what he teaches.

Wade's "Level I" course delivers much more than you would expect from a first level course; covering some of what many would consider advanced tactics and techniques  as well as some new techniques that you are not likely to see anywhere else. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in his Level II course.

A big thanks goes out to Wade!

As Host, I'd also like to thank everyone who attended the course as well. I enjoyed training with all of you and look forward to seeing you again in future classes.

Stay tuned...

We've got Tactical Shotgun and Hangun Level II coming soon to a range near you.

Henry Simpson

Link Posted: 5/26/2008 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Another great Bushido course.

Thanks again to you as well Henry.

I learned a lot this weekend and can't wait to go practice what we learned in the coming weeks.  

The Florida sun was out in full effect as well as its ugly sister humidity.  (Thanks Wade for the cases of cold water, tents, and Gatoraid!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
+1 on this course, Bushido Tactical, and Wade. For my first training course, this certainly has set the bar high. Wade is an excellent instructor; the material is both practical and a bit exotic ('weak'-side one-handed malfunction and reloading drills, anyone?).

I feel this course is worth every penny, and is a great course to those of us who are new to shooting, as well as the more seasoned individuals.

Wade is very good about being safety conscious and there were very few safety violations, even during the more intense and complicated drills. These were relatively minor and the only injuries during the two-day course were a mild case of heat fatigue (it was hot and humid as hell!), a scraped knee, and a small cut on someone's hand from their Glock .40 .

The course is called "level 1" but is far from a "beginner's" course. The fundamentals are covered, but you really can't practice those enough, and everyone benefits from having several pairs of eyes watch you do a drill (I didn't realize I sometimes cross my muzzle over my other hand when holstering). With everything from multiple targets with multiple shots while moving to low-light (night) shooting with flashlights and barricades covered, you walk away with a lot more information and skills than you came with. Oh yeah, and you do approximately 40-45% of your shooting with your opposite hand...if that isn't humbling, I don't know what is.

I will definitely be taking another of Wade's courses, including Handgun level 2 and the Carbine course.

Thanks to Henry and the FOP range for hosting, and thanks again to Wade for the great course.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know who would have hurt themselves on their Glock G23...twice.

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
the only injuries during the two-day course were a mild case of heat fatigue (it was hot and humid as hell!)

That was me.  I only made it through the first half of Day 1, but even in that time I learned quite a few cool techniques that were entirely new to me. (modified prone and Wade's version of trigger reset among others)

The course is challenging and really showed me just how completely out of shape I am.  I've got some weight to lose and will be be back to take the class again, it is definitely worthwhile.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#35]
A big thank you to everyone who attended the class and for your kind words and feedback.

We are planning on doing a Defensive Shotgun, Level 2 handgun and another Level 1 Carbine class followed by a Level 2 Carbine class soon afterwards.

Keep an eye out for the dates coming soon. They will be posted on our website and on the hometown forum.

I know that a lot of our past and current students have already reserved spots in the above classes so they will fill up very easily.

I am looking forward to training with you all again at future classes.

Thanks again for everyones support.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top