Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 6:41:43 PM EDT
Linky link

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but I'll be there assisting my wife's portion, and hopefully not so busy I can't train as well.

Anyone going?

@Laxman
@bdover

I'm drawing a blank on the other usernames lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't be going, but it sure sounds like fun. I hope the weather holds for you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
@laxman09
@Bravo_220

I’m a maybe.   @CJ47 you know if cans are required for low light shooting?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
@CJ47 you have any idea on types of classes offered at this  thing?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
First I'm hearing of this. 3 hours away isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By laxman09:
View Quote

And it would be warm.  I need to see where this falls with school stating & my late summer golf scramble.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJ47] [#6]
Originally Posted By bdover:
@laxman09
@Bravo_220

I’m a maybe.   @CJ47 you know if cans are required for low light shooting?
View Quote

@bdover I'm not sure, I am only going to assist my wife, but it's all non-firearm stuff that she does. you would have to reach out to Team Anvil. I will try and get a hold of them as well to see if I can find out.

Edit - as for classes, I should be meeting up with another guy next weekend and I will get some info.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been to a MG shoot there. It's a cool club and they don't have any time limits on shooting. Been wanting to become a member even though it's 2 hours away, it'd be worth it a few times a year with friends
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#8]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
View Quote

Same. Tag for more info on class details, I'm extremely intrigued.

@CJ47
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the delay, this is what I know as of now - sounds like more details will be hammered out in the coming weeks.

@bdover - no suppressors needed for this event.

Classes: There's a lot, and I'm for sure going to miss things on this list. I've asked Team Anvil and Whiskey Hotel to try and put together a comprehensive list of all classes so that I can help them advertise, but I haven't gotten anything yet. From what I understand there is:
Medium Engagement- the range goes out to 500 or 550yds.
Shooting while moving.
Use of cover.
Weapon retention.
Martial Blade Concepts/Counter Blade Concepts - this one I have more info on. It will be a lot of defending/counter attacking the commong knife attacks, how to access a knife, and more depending on time. But trust me, that small list of material is a ton to digest.
NV shooting techniques
NV shooting and moving
And more

I don't have a ton of details, but after meeting everyone and walking the range with the owner, it is going to be fun. I will almost exclusively be attending as a student, especially the "DMR" classes - that's something I've always wanted to learn.

I should be meeting up with some of the guys from Team Anvil in a week or so, so if you have questions let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
I've been to a MG shoot there. It's a cool club and they don't have any time limits on shooting. Been wanting to become a member even though it's 2 hours away, it'd be worth it a few times a year with friends
View Quote

You do not need to be a member for this event - so come on out!
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Southern Ohio Range Day 2024 | 8.17.24

My sexy face is not in this video - the video description mentions a bit about what classes are offered, not much detail still. I'll be there for sure. So will the wife. Come hang out with us!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I plan to go!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bravo_220:
I plan to go!
View Quote

Sweet! I haven't decided how I want to make it obvious to the arfcom guys that I'm me, maybe I'll get a patch with my username or something.

See you in August!
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Sweet! I haven't decided how I want to make it obvious to the arfcom guys that I'm me, maybe I'll get a patch with my username or something.

See you in August!
View Quote

BFL

https://shop.ar15.com/
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#15]
@CJ47 just post a pic on here of the patch.  I did that for ECNS and found dudes.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top