Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:01:11 AM EDT
Tell me all that you can about Millers near Lebanon Ohio around St route 73 and 48. How much is membership per year. Can members bring nonmembers (guests), if so how many. If not a member can you pay a one time fee and how much is it. What can you shoot there. Trap, skeet. Bump fire AK / AR? Long range shooting???? Tell me all that you know thanks in advance. Sorry about all the questions (I have a crap load more just hoping that you guys will answer them).
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Tell me all that you can about Millers near Lebanon Ohio around St route 73 and 48. How much is membership per year. Can members bring nonmembers (guests), if so how many. If not a member can you pay a one time fee and how much is it. What can you shoot there. Trap, skeet. Bump fire AK / AR? Long range shooting???? Tell me all that you know thanks in advance. Sorry about all the questions (I have a crap load more just hoping that you guys will answer them).

Address is:

6964 Townshipline Rd
Waynesville, OH 45068

Non members have to pay a $5 day fee unless they raised it this year. One year fee is $35. You can shoot anything you want and bumpfire all you want. The berm isnt huge so you need to use some common sense when bumping and not go out too far away from the berm. You can shoot trap too. You can shoot out to about 275 yards but you have to measure it yourself. Theres not too many benches around so you might bring your own if you want to shoot from a bench.

Theres a small shelter about 25 yards out from the berm and you have to keep it in mind if you move farther so you dont shoot it up. You can shoot any target you want exlcuding glass and explosive targets like tannerite. There are no lanes like at other ranges just a big field. That means if you get there and a couple guys are shooting from 50 yards you have to shoot from there line until you can ask them to move to a different distance. Ive been shooting there for about 5-6 years and have never had a problem with anyone not wanting to move with me.

Just keep in mind this isnt a fancy range and unlike any other range youve ever been to most likely. People that come back do it because of the freedom. There are no range officers so you need to use common sense and be safe. If your a regular at sping valley or have shot there much you'll more than likely enjoy millers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep a damn nice place to shoot. Just use common sence like JME said and you won't screw it up for yourself and everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
good place, good people, just right.......

Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Miller's is the most laid back range you'll ever go to.
It will be a nice place to shoot until someone screws up,
or enough new McMansions are built around it to shut it down.  
So have fun and be safe.
I bought a membership, not because I go very often, but because
it is a cool range worth supporting.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You need to come to my place next time we do a camp/shoot, it just might be more fun than Millers....if that's possible.

But, you're absolutely right about someone screwing it up down there. I worry about it everytime I'm there. Even the most guarded ranges have some fucknut hurt himself or someone else, and that would be a really bad end to a good range. I really hope it doesn't happen there because I don't think Tim is prepared for the litigation or mess and might just close it down when and if that ever happens.

We really need to stay safe there and self-police, and encourage others to....for our own good.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Allow me to revise and extend my previous comments, Senator Swingset:

Miller's is the most laid back range you will ever go to, open to the public.  

The remainder of  your comments elaborate on my point precisely.  

I wish I could've made it to your last shoot, Miller's never has a band when I'm there.

Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Camp Swingset was awesome, my family members had a great time,  and to think for the lonest time I had been trying to get them to come to these shoots.

Rock on Camp Swingset, all you need now is a lake.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to come to my place next time we do a camp/shoot, it just might be more fun than Millers....if that's possible.

But, you're absolutely right about someone screwing it up down there. I worry about it everytime I'm there. Even the most guarded ranges have some fucknut hurt himself or someone else, and that would be a really bad end to a good range. I really hope it doesn't happen there because I don't think Tim is prepared for the litigation or mess and might just close it down when and if that ever happens.

We really need to stay safe there and self-police, and encourage others to....for our own good.

I share some of the same sentiments Swingset,

had the good fortune to make it to Millers early in the year and my only concern was a fellow who was there with his GF and I felt wasn't being too conscience of the other shooters on the line. I made a polite request and they were totally cool with it. No problemo..

We are really fortunate to have a casual place to safely shoot, alot of places are no longer like that because of the few goofballs that ruined it for everyone else.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

had the good fortune to make it to Millers early in the year and my only concern was a fellow who was there with his GF and I felt wasn't being too conscience of the other shooters on the line. I made a polite request and they were totally cool with it. No problemo..

We are really fortunate to have a casual place to safely shoot, alot of places are no longer like that because of the few goofballs that ruined it for everyone else.

Mike

Ive been corrected before too about shooting up to the firing line and keeping mags out and bolts back on a cease fire. Its good to have people correct us on our mistakes.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top