User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:00:34 PM EDT
(09/16/05 PM Update)

... Thank you all

Pictures added on page 3

(09/16/05 PM Update)

... Truck is loaded down! Not going to have room to bring much firewood home.

... If you can swing it, pick up an extra bag of ice in Payson or Star Valley on your way up we're gonna need more by this time tomorrow. Bring your camera!

(09/15/05 Update)

... Nice little crowd showing! So far, looks like about a dozen firm, perhaps an additional 6 iffy's

... Some are coming up early Saturday. Take note, I will be going into Payson to pick up the rental trailer between about 8AM and 10:30AM so be patient, I'll be back to the lot by 11:00AM max

... Got food (Midwestern Beef, potato salad, beans & desert) beer and vodka for about two-dozen

... Will be nearly full moon (lovely in this weather w/ a bright moon)

... Bought a chainsaw today, so you don't need to bring one

... Don't forget chairs for the campfire and clothing for 50°F weather in the morning

... Bonus points to anyone that can produce on demand the CD by Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around!

... Still not sure about campfire restrictions, but as it stands - we're good to go for now

... Fresh brewed coffee early Sunday AM

... Late comers - IM me for a map by 4:00PM Friday (9/16) for a response

... w00t!

Those that are coming up to help, please:

• IM or e-mail me your favorite beer or drink of choice

• Any BBQ special requests

• Hat size - if you want one of the (6) new woodland camouflage Boonie caps

• Let me know if you need your $10 gas subsidy before heading up the mountain

• A new and improved (clarified) map was made, IM me if you'd like a copy

• ... A couple folks have expressed interested in coming up Friday night, that's cool - if I'm not on the lot, I'll be just a ¼ mile back on the dirt road you came in on at the Double D Saloon next to the diner

Thanks again!

Saturday, Sept. 17 (overnight camping OK)

... I'll send a flyer/map with the details if you think you can make it up the mountain to help

... Again, I sure appreciate the help. The BBQ & keg is on me (see flyer/map for stats)

... Don’t want this to come across as pleading or begging, but if you have 24 hours or so you spare in my favor, I’ll certainly be indebted and make it up to you somehow.

Soon, I’ll begin surveying my puny ½ acre lot in the tall Ponderosa pine mountains near Christopher Creek (16 miles east/ north east of Payson) to preclude building my weekend/summer/retirement cabin.

I need a dozen or so guys with either / or chainsaws, rakes, open trailers and backbone to help put in 4 to 6 hours of clearing low lying brush, pine needles and shrub. The lot has about two cords of wood already cut and stacked ready to take away - free. Almost that much more with a little more elbow grease.

I’m thinking late September or October time-frame while it's still warm in the evening yet cool at night.

After the work is done, I’ll provide a fine BBQ, beer, tunes & guaranteed campsite on the lot  – I know, it’s not much to offer, but I could use the help and it’s a nice excuse to get away to from the city for a day. No shooting on the lot, but there’s plenty of great spots further down the back-road 200 yards from my spot (Control Road) toward Pine & Strawberry.

I can “subsidize” $10 toward gas (yeah, like that’s a real incentive) if you can make it.

Thanks either way folks.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:34:53 AM EDT
    [#1]
    W_W, If nothing with DPS comes up I would be more than happy to help out. Just let me know when about 1-2 weeks in advance so I can use some sick time!!!
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:51:48 AM EDT
    [#2]
    I'm can try to make it. If it's a saturday afternoon-evening that usually works for me. I've got a chainsaw that's a lot of fun and a big flat bed trailer.

Kevin
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:02:28 AM EDT
    [#3]
    ... Geese fellas, I'm humbled.

... I sincerely want to put on a cool-assed after-work party/BBQ on the property when the tools are put away Saturday evening.

... Will post again when the date we can decide on gets closer. Here's a cheesy pic of the area we'll be working.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:57:07 AM EDT
    [#4]
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:57:27 AM EDT
    [#5]
    Where would we make doodie?  I don't want to be burying loafs on your lot and such.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:59:08 AM EDT
    [#6]
    If you can push this toward October or November, I'll dope myself up and will help as I can.    Right now I'm a bit booked up with teaching- but the future might be more open.

Mike
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:08:57 AM EDT
    [#7]
    Depending when it is I might be able to chip in.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:36:27 AM EDT
    [#8]
    Get the date set asap and I'll try and get the time off Bro

Neanderthal
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:36:40 PM EDT
    [#9]
    figure on a date, and i will do my best to come up and help out.  depends on my classes, if i can get a saturday off.  work, i can get the time off, no problem.  just let me know
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:30:17 PM EDT
    [#10]
    Im busy for many weekends coming up but once you announce the date I will let you know if I can help.  I’m a skinny little mofo but I work hard and don’t bitch  
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:37:24 PM EDT
    [#11]
    I'll ride up with someone if they want to drive.  I just don't think the ol' S-10 has much left in her.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
    [#12]
    When you set a date I can give you an answer.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:57:06 PM EDT
    [#13]

Quoted:
    Where would we make doodie?  I don't want to be burying loafs on your lot and such.

I would probably go poo BEFORE I were to go up there. I don't know...................

AB
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:06:37 PM EDT
    [#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would probably go poo BEFORE I were to go up there. I don't know...................

AB

... If it's necessary, there's a greasy-spoon diner & saloon just a 1/4 mile east of the place

... I'll figure on a date in the next couple days - again thanks, and I hope to make it worthwhile. Brian @ www.arizonashooting.com wants any/all of the firewood no ones else wants. If you want some, speak up (it's dry, not green). There's quite a bit, I'm thinking on renting a splitter for the day as well.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:13:35 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Did someone say Saloon????
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:20:31 PM EDT
    [#16]

Quoted:
    Did someone say Saloon????

Ive never been to a Saloon
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:22:11 PM EDT
    [#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AB

If people camp overnight, Doo doo is a realistic scenario to think about, man.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:03:22 PM EDT
    [#18]
    Well I'm off fishing again mid Sep.
    Lock in a date and I'll see about making it.

Might even have some fish to throw on the Q.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:17:17 PM EDT
    [#19]
    Have 4x4 will travel:

I have a few motorcycle events planned in Sept and October but you are probably blacking out
    those weekends too.  

Pick the date sounds like a cool camping trip.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:47:19 PM EDT
    [#20]

You asking me?
    Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:56:02 PM EDT
    [#21]
    I've got a Jonsered chainsaw and about 30 years ago I worked in big timber.  I've got Thursday and Friday off until October and then Friday and Saturday off. I can always call in sick from work.  I may be a bit rusty (how about alot rusty), but I'll try not to drop anything on your truck.
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:46:31 AM EDT
    [#22]
    Can we down any trees? i've always wanted to do that.

Kevin
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:55:11 AM EDT
    [#23]
    Can help if I'm in town bro. I have a  chain saw you can use if I'm not.

sanguine
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:20:06 AM EDT
    [#24]
    Winston: Let me know when you finalize a date. For me, the cooler the weather the more enthusiastic I'd be to help. I have a chainsaw, shovels, rakes, etc. as well as camping gear and would enjoy the opportunity to meet you and help if I can fit this in my schedule at all. Archery deer season is coming up and a buddy of mine just bouught a new bass boat. My weekends will fill up fast.

Again, finalize a date ASAP and I'll know if I can be of service.

ETA: Shitting in the bush is no problem for me.
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:50:18 AM EDT
    [#25]
    I don't have a chain saw or tools. I live in the desert But I'd be happy to help. Looks like a great spot and I could use an excuse to get outa dodge and into some cool weather. I'll even bring some NFA toys so everyone who helps and brings ammo (9mm or .223) gets to blow off a mag or 3. Email me when you have a firm time.
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:58:51 AM EDT
    [#26]

Quoted:
    I don't have a chain saw or tools. I live in the desert But I'd be happy to help. Looks like a great spot and I could use an excuse to get outa dodge and into some cool weather. I'll even bring some NFA toys so everyone who helps and brings ammo (9mm or .223) gets to blow off a mag or 3. Email me when you have a firm time.

sweet....
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:35:46 PM EDT
    [#27]
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:59:14 PM EDT
    [#28]

Quoted:

I say we cut the trees with NFA items.  They work on Juniper trees.
    Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:02:25 PM EDT
    [#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case we ough to get the 90mm
    Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:21:27 AM EDT
    [#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In that case we ough to get the 90mm

BOOM!!!!!!!
    Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:21:57 AM EDT
    [#31]
    opps!
    Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:55:55 AM EDT
    [#32]
    I'd be there if I could get all these kitchen cabinets installed (in all my spare time, sheesh!)  Seriously, I haven't even been to the range in so long I'm not sure what that little lever on the bottom of my rifle is for.

WW, maybe we can be neighbors one of these days.  My Wife is going up to Pinetop this weekend with one of her school marm buddies to shop for antiques and cabins . . . Hey, ya never know.
    Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:39:53 PM EDT
    [#33]
    Depending on the weekend you chose, I might be able to come up and help. Keep us posted on the date, so we can get an accurate head count.
    Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:08:29 PM EDT
    [#34]

Quoted:
    I'd be there if I could get all these kitchen cabinets installed (in all my spare time, sheesh!)  Seriously, I haven't even been to the range in so long I'm not sure what that little lever on the bottom of my rifle is for.

WW, maybe we can be neighbors one of these days.  My Wife is going up to Pinetop this weekend with one of her school marm buddies to shop for antiques and cabins . . . Hey, ya never know.

Whats wrong with your cabinets?  Where do yo live.  Cabintes iswhat i do.
    Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:21:20 AM EDT
    [#35]
    IM sent....have SUPERJEEP will travel!!!!

Can also come up with an axe or two and some other stuff.
    Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:12:00 AM EDT
    [#36]

Quoted:

Nothing wrong with them.  There are 19 of them in boxes all over the livingroom, etc.  It's my usual way of doing things.  I'm putting a 1/4" line in for the ice maker and hoping to screw 3 or 5 cabinets up after that.  Then I can move the refer and start demoing the other side of the kitchen.

Central Tucson.  If you're nearby, stop by and kibitz.  There might be lunch, drinks, and?  I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong.  I just invent things as I go along.  They're not going to be out of square or fall down but I bet there's a faster way.

Off to HD for a fitting (how could I not have ont of those?!?)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled cabin building . . .

Cy
    Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:52:53 PM EDT
    [#37]

Quoted:

Huh?  For real?  I was looking for cabinet work earlier and posted a thread in the AZHTF asking for cabinet dudes, tile guys, and carpet guys.    
    Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:22:20 PM EDT
    [#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  For real?  I was looking for cabinet work earlier and posted a thread in the AZHTF asking for cabinet dudes, tile guys, and carpet guys.    

Well I belive I offered you help.   I could be wrong.
    Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:04:42 AM EDT
    [#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AB

If people camp overnight, Doo doo is a realistic scenario to think about, man.

Just eat a 2# block of cheese the day before you go, problem solved!

AB
    Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:34:09 PM EDT
    [#40]
    ... Date established, e-mail me for a flyer if you'd like to join

Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005
    Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:56:13 PM EDT
    [#41]

Quoted:
    ... Date established, e-mail me for a flyer if you'd like to join

Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005

Dammit thats the day of the tweeker hunt.  Well if for any reason that falls through I will let you know....
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
    [#42]
    DID SOMEONE SAY............'CHAINSAW'?!?!

Hell, Yes! I can be there Saturday!
    Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:37:14 PM EDT
    [#43]

Quoted:
    DID SOMEONE SAY............'CHAINSAW'?!?!

Hell, Yes! I can be there Saturday!

... Thanks bro!

... We have a nice little crowd gathering  

... I'll send you a link for the directions/map & details
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:35:27 AM EDT
    [#44]
    No can do. I'll be on my way home that day. If you want my chain saw you can come get it Tuesday. Call me if you want it.
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:00:55 AM EDT
    [#45]
    Uh.......I'm deer hunting from the 11th through the 15th.

Will have to gauge the GF's mood when I get back to see if leaving again for a couple of days will be a socially acceptable thing to do.
    Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:35 PM EDT
    [#46]

Quoted:
    No can do. I'll be on my way home that day. If you want my chain saw you can come get it Tuesday. Call me if you want it.

...Thank you bro, I'll be by to get the chainsaw, I need to give my wonderful nephews a hug anyway

... to everyone else, this event is brewing up nicely. I just sincerely want it to be enjoyable. Although I would never discourage children, this is not really a "family way" kind of deal (kegs, cussing & bonfires) - OTOH, it ain't a "firing six-shooters in the air all night long, free-for-all" deal either

... If you can going us for a little work and a little play FANTASTIC! - Just don't expect more than I can offer in my flyer (IM me for the flyer).

... Thanks folks!

... See you hooligans there
    Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:30:48 PM EDT
    [#47]
    I'm on it, yo!
    Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:03:25 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:03:43 PM EDT
    [#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Thank you bro, I'll be by to get the chainsaw, I need to give my wonderful nephews a hug anyway

... to everyone else, this event is brewing up nicely. I just sincerely want it to be enjoyable. Although I would never discourage children, this is not really a "family way" kind of deal (kegs, cussing & bonfires) - OTOH, it ain't a "firing six-shooters in the air all night long, free-for-all" deal either

... If you can going us for a little work and a little play FANTASTIC! - Just don't expect more than I can offer in my flyer (IM me for the flyer).

... Thanks folks!

... See you hooligans there

Since this isnt for the wife and kids, will there be stripers?
    Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:48:35 PM EDT
    [#50]

Quoted:

Since this isnt for the wife and kids, will there be stripers?

... no Mike

... mostly just trout and small-mouth bass around these parts. Stripers are very tasty, but Lake Powell is the nearest body of water to fish for them

Arrow Left Previous Page
    Page / 2
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top