Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/19/2005 8:29:16 PM EDT
My brother (and parents) will be up in the area from the 15th through the 18th of July, and they will be bringing my AR, and his AR.

SATURDAY, July 16th, Noon, Granite Falls site.
Be there, or be a liberal pantywaste (or at least have a valid excuse, like "I live in Spokane!" or "My job sucks and I have to work")

Any takers?
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, I'd love to come. I'll have to check and see what kind of family business is going on, but I'd love to help make noise, and if I can come at all, I'll bring as many of Team Ductape as I can muster. You reading this, PCR???
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You reading this, PCR???

You know I can't read.
...WAIT A MINUTE!?  I can read!  I CAN READ!!

ETA: Ummm, that weekend happens to be the Hippy and my anniversary.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And what better way to celebrate than with lots of gunfire.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hell, I'd love to come. I'll have to check and see what kind of family business is going on, but I'd love to help make noise.

+1
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what better way to celebrate than with lots of gunfire.

--as long as it isn't pointed at each other-- (Great comeback, Mac! )

--and to think I'm walking Taurus through her own build-- ah well, the very last sale I made on my FFL was her Taurus 85, so it's a bit late to be worrying about that now.

--She informs me that that weekend is a Monroe show, so that may interfere with some people's planning (not mine though).
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
--She informs me that that weekend is a Monroe show, so that may interfere with some people's planning (not mine though).

You have the wife!

Great cookies and reminds you of gunshows? Man oh man!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Mmmmmmm, a cookie shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mmmmmmm, a cookie shoot.

Did someone say cookies?

Link Posted: 6/20/2005 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#9]
We only deal in pie....
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, my 4-day pass got approved, so now I just have to talk w/ my brother to see if he'd like to do this.

Anybody else up for shooting that weekend?

(btw, I added a poll)
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
WAC
EVERGREEN STATE FAIRGROUNDS (MONROE)
JULY 16 & 17, 2005
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm taking the Emergency Light Rifle class from Masaad Ayoob that weekend so i have a good excuse for not being there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 1:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there-- I doubt that Taurus will make it, though. Brian, I got my safe in, and it's a beaut-- plenty of room for your rifle if you need it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I talked to my brother, he likes the idea, and he said any days works for him.

Is WAC a gunshow?  Monroe's on the other side of Seattle, so I don't know how readily those of us in the Olympia/Ft. Lewis/Tacoma area would make the trip.  But I'm new here, so I don't really know.  But we can tentatively plan for Sunday, so that those who do can go play on Saturday, then we can shoot on Sunday.
Anyone concur?
ETA: or I can look at the poll (It wouldn't let me look w/o voting first) and see Saturday has the most votes.

Hey Ductapeman, do you know any fairly local places to shoot?  Also, where's a good place to buy ammo?
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Brian,   WAC is the Washington Arms Collectors, washingtonarmscollectors.org/, and they run most of the local gun shows, though by no means all of them. Since the construction at the fairgrounds and other factors have halted the shows at the fairgrounds for a bit, the Monroe shows are the only ones running this summer. Many of us (even from Tacoma!) find it worthwhile to make the drive- and since my wife used to run their membership desk, it's like old-school week when we go to a show.

The best deals on ammo are generally agreed to be through either www.ammoman.com or James, the "official" AR15.com ammo guy, at www.surplusammo.com-- and he comes to the gunshows, thereby eliminating having to pay shipping. Locally, though the only real sources I know of in Tacoma are the Marksman (not far from my house) and Bullseye, down by the TacomaDome. I have no idea about Olympia any more-- been out of there too long now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Alrighty.  I figured the online places were good, but wasn't sure about local ammo.

So, does anyone know where we should try and shoot?
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Alrighty.  I figured the online places were good, but wasn't sure about local ammo.

So, does anyone know where we should try and shoot?

I have heard there is a range available to civilians on one side of the Fort or another. While seriously controlled, that may be a very conveinent place for all concerned.

Link Posted: 7/4/2005 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah.  I was gonna look into that; see what the rules are for shooting fun stuff and for using unregistered firearms.
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yeah.  I was gonna look into that; see what the rules are for shooting fun stuff and for using unregistered firearms.

You mean a soldiers personal unregistered on post weapons??

You do know the rest of us do not have any registration requirements per se?

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually, I don't know whether civilians can use unregistered firearms on the public ranges here.  From your post, I assume you know more about it than I do?
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
You can shoot on the range at Ft Lewis no problem, as long as there is a service member there that will sponsor the "guests"  The fella that runs it is cool, and the MWR folks want the revenu.  As far as I'm concerned I would rather shoot elsewere, as at the post range it is only slow aimed fire, and a lot of time spent in cease fire while targetry is checked/changed. Range from 25m to 800m.   Half of the range is for pistol work, but again, slow aimed fire.  No double taps, or shooting steel.  I have been wanting to meet and shoot with all of you guys, but I have been deployed so much that I have seemed to miss all the get togethers. Now I will be changing stations for two years, (over seas) so will continue to miss out.  I can get some nice Iron Maidens (6) and some battery operated pop up tgts that are rated for 7.62mm X 51mm  I would be glad to bring that out and we could set it up and have a hay day.  So it's up to you fellas to get a good spot picked out.  Please IM or E-mail me if you want to get the finer points ironed out.  Mark.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, slow aimed fire is good and all, but I wanna blow some stuff up, and go for some reactive targets, too.  Maybe there's a better place to shoot around here.  Kooters got any input?  Cav?
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah, slow aimed fire is good and all, but I wanna blow some stuff up, and go for some reactive targets, too.  Maybe there's a better place to shoot around here.  Kooters got any input?  Cav?

Yeah, God knows, we don't want any rapid fire or explosives on Ft. Lewis.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#24]
no go, kids.................
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm 100% for the weekend (not monday) but where are we/you going to shoot?
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I dunno.  I'm gonna take this weekend as a recon for Granite Falls, but if there's someplace closer I think it would be preferable.  Unfortunately, we're gonna want a range that allows funtimes plinking, like rapid fire, bump fire, etc (IE:  not so much a range, as a place to shoot).
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Title edited to reflect decision.  Unless we get killed getting to Granite Falls tomorrow, I think we'll just hold it there next week, too.  Nobody seemed to be crying about the possibility of it, and nobody knows any place better (silly South Sound liberals, not letting us shoot down the streets and in the city parks), so that's where it'll be.

Be there, or be a liberal pantywaste (or at least have a valid excuse like "I live in Spokane!" or "My job sucks and I have to work")
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#29]
You south end guys should scout some areas west of Oly and Shelton.
Not that I'm complaining, since I live up north I'll see you in GF next week.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm out for the 17th. I've got Union meetings all morning and work in the afternoon.  I hope you all have a blast.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys should come down to Olympia.  Capitol Forest.  

Great place to go shooting.  Nobody around...PLENTY of space.

www.theolympian.com/home/specialsections/Outdoors/20020705/8796.shtml

Highlights are:
-It's 91,650 acres
-Has 420 miles of roads.
-Four trailheads

-Rob
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Unfortunately, it doesn't say where this gravel pit is, nor how to get there.  Unless we can get extremely detailed directions, GF is going to stand because I'm doing a route and site recon today (Scrun's shoot).
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, it doesn't say where this gravel pit is, nor how to get there.  Unless we can get extremely detailed directions, GF is going to stand because I'm doing a route and site recon today (Scrun's shoot).

OPSEC...

We do not post the directions to any of our shoots.

Meet at the ralley point, and convoy in.

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#35]
POLL says Sat. 16th.
TOPIC says Sun. 17th.

I'm not good with story problems, but that's just WRONG...

I'd planned to meet up with some folks for Sat./Buzz Inn/Gun Show/ GF on the 16th.
Will watch thread for FUBAR further developments.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
POLL says Sat. 16th.
TOPIC says Sun. 17th.

I'm not good with story problems, but that's just WRONG...

I'd planned to meet up with some folks for Sat./Buzz Inn/Gun Show/ GF on the 16th.
Will watch thread for FUBAR further developments.

I believe this was a recent development, which is actually kinda good.  My brother called this evening and said he'd prefer to shoot on Saturday after all.  Problem fixed

Btw, my comment on directions was that, since the webpage linked didn't have directions, and since I had never been to the site, and since nobody said "Let's shoot here, i'll guide you in," that next week's shoot was going to be some place I can get to.  The Granite Falls site was easy to find, so I'll be able to guide my family in there next week.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll go clean the place up....by myself.......again.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'll go clean the place up....by myself.......again.

I saw lots of people picking up brass, not the least of which being the brass guy.  The garbage was all collected and supposedly burned.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't make this one.  Have a good time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I know a couple of places closer to post than GF if you want to tour them some day.

Definitely, but I don't think I want to prior to this weekend, since it would require yet another change of plans and recoordination, etc.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I just want to verify this.
Sat. the 16th at noon, correct?
Are we meeting at the McChevron?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds  good, Tweak.  I can prolly shoot the 23rd.

Justin, McChevron at noon sounds good.  I'm going to try and hit up the WAC show on the way up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#46]

I'm going to try and hit up the WAC show on the way up.

I'm going to do the same. Need some 9mm & .45.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#47]
How about this:

Meet at Monroe The Buzz Inn at 0900 for red beer and chicken fried steaks, the fun show at 1000, the McChevron at 1245 (or so), a 1300 gathering at Robe with a 1500'ish debrief at Razzels.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/15/2005 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Good plan.
My plan fell through, so I'm opting out this time.
To those that find their way --- HAVE FUN!
Seeya next time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
How about this:

Meet at Monroe The Buzz Inn at 0900 for red beer and chicken fried steaks, the fun show at 1000, the McChevron at 1245 (or so), a 1300 gathering at Robe with a 1500'ish debrief at Razzels.

Quoted:

either way works for me. I'm heading out the door right now!
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Okay, Sgt_Gumby and I are departing South Tacoma now-- he has a couple of stops to make on the way-- we ought to be there (McChevron) right around noon. See y'all there!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top