Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:46:35 PM EDT
9/16 Update:

Match completed.   We done good and didn't embarrass ourselves.

More detailed review posted at the end of the thread.

==========

8/26 Update:

With RhinoDoc stepping up to the plate on short notice, we've got enough people to make a team.

However, if anyone else is interested, we'd love to have you out there with us.

==========

8/22 Update:

There's three of us signed up and ready to go right now, we need a fourth to be able to form a team.

Anyone interested in stepping up to fill the breach?

You don't need to be uber-tactical to play in the 3-Gun game, the rest of us are new to this too, we're just out there to have fun and try something a little bit different.

==========

Are there any other 3-Gun ARFcommers out there who would be interested in putting together a 3-Gun team for for this event?

More details: http://www.gunsafety.org

I've been bitten by the bug, but am still a beginner at this, so don't be expecting to win any trophies.  I'm still learning the game, but I find that the opportunity to just be able to shoot "run-gun" style with an AR to be more than enough reason to go.

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure looks like fun....but it looks to be LEO specific....?

I'm still interested in putting something like this together for the LCR shoots ..... anyone? .....anyone? .....Beuhler? ...... ?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are there any other 3-Gun ARFcommers out there who would be interested in putting together a 3-Gun team for for this event?

More details: www.gunsafety.org

I've been bitten by the bug, but am still a beginner at this, so don't be expecting to win any trophies.  I'm still learning the game, but I find that the opportunity to just be able to shoot "run-gun" style with an AR to be more than enough reason to go.

-Frank

The board-fu is weak in this one....

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
All we need is four.  

While it looks to be LEO, I think that's because the letter posted on the website went out to LEOs.  When I was out ther last month, they were saying that anyone was welcome as long as they had were a team of four.

Surely there must be at least four ARFcommers here in WA that'll step up to the challenge.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If my plate wasn't so full, I would play. I have shot IPSC and steel at KRRC, tons of fun. I keep hearing of the classic every year. Some of the cops are darn good shots, but across the board, I think the "civillians" shoot better.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All we need is four.  

While it looks to be LEO, I think that's because the letter posted on the website went out to LEOs.  When I was out ther last month, they were saying that anyone was welcome as long as they had were a team of four.

Surely there must be at least four ARFcommers here in WA that'll step up to the challenge.  

I'm interested, depending on my work schedule. What kind of equipment(other than pistol, rifle, shotgun) would be needed? How much ammo for each?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Im sure STRAT could put a little something together for you.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sure looks like fun....but it looks to be LEO specific....?

I'm still interested in putting something like this together for the LCR shoots ..... anyone? .....anyone? .....Beuhler? ...... ?

I had been thinking along the same lines.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All we need is four.  

I'm interested, depending on my work schedule. What kind of equipment(other than pistol, rifle, shotgun) would be needed? How much ammo for each?

My ammo budget is going to be:

300rnds - 9mm
300rnds - .223 Rem
75rnds - 12ga. #7.5
25rnds - 12ga. slugs

Other gear:
* spare mags for both pistol(3) and rifle(4)
* mag pouches (sticking spares in your back pocket is OK too)
* shotgun shell holder (at least 20 shells)
* strong-side pistol holster

I also found a lot of the gear advice for the "carbine training classes" to be very useful.

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I am pretty new here, been lurking for a while.  I would probably be interested.  I think that i have all of the stuff I need (20"AR/A2 upper, 1911 w/holster, and mossburg 12ga. pump) How much is entry fee?  I will need to know for sure soon so I can request that saturday off.  I have never shot ipsc or idpa, but, I do try to make it out every month for the steel plate matches at paul bunyan.  Please let me know if you are interested in having me join you, as I have been interested in trying 3 gun for a while.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The entry fee is $35 for each person for a total of $140 for the whole team.

Also, apparently forming a 4-person team is not required if you're willing to forego competing in the team category.

However, I still think it'd be cool if the WA-ARFcommers could field at least 4 people.

By my count, there's at least three of us who are tenatively interested.

Anyone else interested?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I am going to request that saturday off when I go into work tomarrow.  Do you think it would be a good Idea to meet up before the match so we can all know who our teammates are beforehand?  How many magazines am I going to need to bring for my pistol and rifle?  I am looking forward to this, I think it will be alot of fun.
hotgun.gif
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
What is the distance on the rifle course? I need to check zero on my Eotech if it is longer than 50 yards
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#13]
  Ya, know I'm on vacation that week. let me know if you need another person. And I'll work it out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Courage Classic 2005
September 10th, 11th; 2005

Entry fee per team $140 or $35 per person.

They've got the application up on their website now.  Also, they've got two pretty good intro articles about 3-Gun competition under the "Competition" tab.  I did find their recommended ammo budgets a little conservative.  I'd double it or even go 150% over.

BTW: With EoTechs and ACOGs, we're gonna end up competing in "Open" class.

I'm gonna be using 3-17rnd mags for my Glock and 4-30rnd mags with my AR.

From my showing at their July 3-Gun, here's some intel that I've gathered.

The rifle course goes to 200 yards, but there was only two shots to be made at that range.  Maybe 20-30 at the 100-200 yard distance.  But the majority (80%) of the shots were inside or at about the 25 yard range.

The breakdown of the whole course; 50% pistol, 25% rifle, 25% shotgun.

So far, we've got:

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Courage Classic 2005
September 10th, 11th; 2005

Entry fee per team $140 or $35 per person.

They've got the application up on their website now.  Also, they've got two pretty good intro articles about 3-Gun competition under the "Competition" tab.  I did find their recommended ammo budgets a little conservative.  I'd double it or even go 150% over.

BTW: With EoTechs and ACOGs, we're gonna end up competing in "Open" class.

I'm gonna be using 3-17rnd mags for my Glock and 4-30rnd mags with my AR.

From my showing at their July 3-Gun, here's some intel that I've gathered.

The rifle course goes to 200 yards, but there was only two shots to be made at that range.  Maybe 20-30 at the 100-200 yard distance.  But the majority (80%) of the shots were inside or at about the 25 yard range.

The breakdown of the whole course; 50% pistol, 25% rifle, 25% shotgun.

So far, we've got: me, DFARM, Kooter and Cboyer(?)

Yeah, I think it would probably be good idea if we meet in person before game day.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]
 OK I'm doing some checking to day. I may need to have someone watch my daughter ( I have custody) that weekend. I should be able to do it. But I'll make no promises yet. I'll post later to night.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I am in for sure, requested the saturday off yesterday.  I am wondering though,  will I be outgunned using iron sights?  I should be able to do ok with the pistol, but I have really only shot the rifle from a bench at known distances.  Also, do we have to worry about a power factor for our ammo?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
 OK, I'm in! How do we handle entries separate or send it to one guy? I printed off the entry form. If we need a name We could call ourselves Three guy's from no where.

For weapons I have.

XD40
Moss 590
A2  AR with Trijicon reflex 6.5 MOA dot. Ace entry stock.

Having shot IPSC I'm good to go. But wouldn't say I'm any good.

Now I'm coming from Vancouver. Is there a place to stay or can we camp at the range? And of course I need to find my way there.

Looking forward to this!
  Craig
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
For the apps and fees, we'll need to collect them up and send them in as a group.  Unless someone else would like to volunteer, I'll take that one on.  We should probably get our paperwork in ASAP, since with the Labor Day holiday coming up time is going to get tight real quick.

For a team name, what do you guys think of "Team ARFcom"?  Or "Complete Strangers"?

DFARM, I wouldn't worry too much about getting outgunned using irons.  As long as you've got them zero'd to the ammo you'll be using and can make hits that way, you'll be OK.  Iron sights are actually an advantage in some of the stages as there is a *lot* of point shooting involved.  You might want to get comfortable with shooting your rifle from a standing position and doing magazine changes.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the power factor of ammo.  They're pretty much going by rule-of-thumb based on caliber.  With your 1911 .45, you'll be able to pick up the extra points for shooting in the major power factor.

BTW: With the EoTechs, ACOGs and Trijicons; we're going to be classed into "Open" or "Tactical" class.  This kinda works against us since I think we're all using stock pistols and shotguns.

For hardware, I'm gonna be using:

Glock 17 - 9mm
Bushmaster A2AK w/ 4x ACOG
HK/Benelli M2 Super 90

Craig, given the layout of the range, I don't think camping at the range is going to be a possibility.  The closest town is Bremerton, I think that's your best bet for a place to stay.  (I can provide more detailed navigation info.  Yes?)

I live about an hour away, anyone else from outside of the area or is everyone else local?

Getting pumped now that is all coming together.

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
 OK. We could just take off the optics. No big deal there.

Email or Im me your address and I'll get the entry sent in tomorrow. I'll Definitely need to find a place to stay. any Ideas accepted. And of course directions to the range. I'll work on that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be coming up from Lacey.

I'll be using a 16" bushy with Eotech
Glock 23
Mossberg 500

I'm pretty sure I won't be working that weekend, just waiting for the boss to get back to me(hopefully he tells me soon!!)

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Having stock pistols and shotguns, and an AR with a scope should put you in Tactical class, not open.  I think the general rule is you can have one optic on your rilfe to be in tactical class.  If you have a scope and bipod on your AR, that puts you in Open class.  A red dot on your shotty OR pistol, regardless of your rifle, usually puts you in open class.

So, if you guys are running irons on your pistols and shotties, one optic on your AR and no bipods, you are probably going to be in Tactical class.  The last 3 gun I shot, the Tactical class was by far the largest.  Open class was the smallest of the "major" classes (discounting revolver, heavy metal, Lady, LE, etc.)  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Kooter, DFARM, CBoyer;

IMs went out to you guys with my contact info.

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#24]
 Thanks for the Im I'll be sending you the money and the application in the morning.

Looks like we have four, Yea. As for the rest of you out there. It would be cool if we could Field another team.

Do we have a team name?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#25]
 Hey there. I know Scollins would normally be right about the classes. But they only seem to be using IPSC as a guidline. Do you think limited would mean tactical or just sign up as open?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Since I had this weekend off from being sick, I'm not going to be able to take the weekend off for the shoot. Sorry guys. Can anyone else take my spot??
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]
 Bummer! So anyone else want to pick up the slack?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Can you IM your info again?  It accidently got deleted.  Sorry.  Is there any paperwork I need to fill out also, or just send you cash/check?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
 Hey there. I know Scollins would normally be right about the classes. But they only seem to be using IPSC as a guidline. Do you think limited would mean tactical or just sign up as open?

On the application, I'm going to write in "Tactical" since that is the most accurate team classification based on our gear.  I'm going to do the same for the individual classification as well.  I figure that they can move me/us to "Open" if there is no "Tactical" category.

(DFARM, you might qualify for a "Limited" in the individual category since you're using all irons.)

-Frank

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey come guy's. One of you uber tactical hot shots out there must have that weekend off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I just moved to Silverdale this month, I'll find out in a few days if I have that weekend off.  I'd enjoy being on the team. I would be shooting:

Armalite 16" with Aimpoint
Benelli M1 with iron sights
1911 .45

Let me know if you need another shooter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#32]
This 3 gun shoot sounds interesting. I may go and see what its all about.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I just moved to Silverdale this month, I'll find out in a few days if I have that weekend off.  I'd enjoy being on the team. I would be shooting:

Armalite 16" with Aimpoint
Benelli M1 with iron sights
1911 .45

Let me know if you need another shooter.

Rhino, we'd love to have you if your schedule permits.  Let me know when you confirm your work schedule.

Other news:

I'm trying to get confirmation on the whole "tactical" and "open" category thing.

The team scoring is going to be based on high three of four.
(I'm hoping that's per stage and not overall.)

I hadn't planned on wearing BDUs, just jeans and Under Armour.  What about you other guys?  I'd be cool if we could all have the same color Under Armour t-shirts.  I know the LE and Mil guys are going to be dressed alike.

Unless someone else has any suggestions, I'm going to put us down as Team ARFcom.

BTW: Is anyone planning to pick up 12ga 7-1/2 shotshell for the match?  I picked up a case (10 boxes) of Winchester Super-X at the Puyallup show and just realized that its going to be way more than what I need.  I can bring the extra boxes out with me to the match and save you guys a trip to the store if anyone wants any of it.

I've babbled enough for today.

-Frank

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#34]
 Dam! I just bought some 12 GA. last night.

As for our name I like complete strangers better. It sure fits us to a tee. I'm still hoping for a campground or something like that. As I plan to bring my camper with me. Maybe someone has some info on that?

Under armor Top! OK what color I'll pick one up.

Craig.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I could use some 12ga. if you have extra, let me know how much$  I also kind of like complete strangers for a team name.  I have no idea where to get under armor clothing locally, so any help with that would be great.  I will probably wear some bdu shorts if the weather is decent, unless we are going to dress alike, then let me know what to wear.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#36]
 Dam I'm lurking around here way to much. How about you wear what ever pants kneepads etc. and have the same top. God I beginning to feel like a mall ninja.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like I'm going to be available. I live 10 minutes from the range; what time do you want to meet, and do we need to pay in advance or that day? Does it make a difference that I'm Active Duty Navy?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I've heard back from Mark at KRRC, and they'll only be doing "Limited" and "Open" categories.  That'll make us an 'Open" category team with DFARM being able to qualify as "Limited" since he's running irons for his individual score.

Registration is suppose to start at 08:00.  Want to meet up at ~07:45?  Too early?  Too late?

Team Name:  "Complete Strangers"  Objections?

Same color Under Armour tops.  What color?
I was thinking that either olive and brown would work well.  Other color suggestions?
I'm probably going to go with one of their LooseGear t-shirts.  Someone would probably frag me as a public service if I was out there in one of the tight-fitting tops.  

Craig,
IOU camper info for the area.  I'll check with Mark to see if you parking at the range will work.

Rhino,
If you could send me the completed application and a check for the $35 fee made out to the charity, that would be great.  I'd like to send all our apps and checks in together to avoid confusion.  It doesn't look like they're going to have a "military" category which you would quality for.  With the AimPoint, that would put you in the "open" category.  Courage Classic 2005 Application

DFARM,
I've got at least eight boxes extra here.  How does $3/box sound?

Here's a link to stores that carry Under Armour.  Under Armour Dealer Locator  You can also order it on-line direct from Under Armour.  I've had some good luck getting them off eBay as well.  Under Armour's sizing is a little funny, so you might them out in the stores to get a better feel for what they're like.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#39]
 Meeting up anytime is good for me. Shirt color I think brown is fine with me if thats OK I'll hit Sportsman's or GI Joe's and get one.

I plan on leaving Fri. after work that way I can get some sleep. Beside I don't think you want to keep waking me up all day on Saturday, when it's my turn to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Sign me up for 4 boxes, the price sounds good to me.  I went to print the application and realised that my printer is out of ink,  I had to e-mail the link to my parents to print out for me, I should be able to stick it in the mail tomarow.  I think that we should meet before the match, just to get to know who we are shooting with beforehand.  What color shirt are we going to use, I vote for the OD green.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
 Dam I'm lurking around here way to much. How about you wear what ever pants kneepads etc. and have the same top. God I beginning to feel like a mall ninja.

No worries, I just ordered myself a new set of those spidey-power wall climbng boots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
 Meeting up anytime is good for me. Shirt color I think brown is fine with me if thats OK I'll hit Sportsman's or GI Joe's and get one.

I plan on leaving Fri. after work that way I can get some sleep. Beside I don't think you want to keep waking me up all day on Saturday, when it's my turn to shoot.

Craig, I sent you an IM about camping at the range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm think'in that Army Brown is a pretty good color.

RhinoDoc?  Any preference?

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#44]
No, it doesn't matter to me.  I don't know if I will have a chance to shop before the match; I'm working or sleeping almost every day until then. I do have brown and green T shirts, obviously.
I'll print out the application and get it in the mail tomorrow; can you send me your mailing address or is it easier for me to bring it to the meet?

Steve
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]
  Cool. Brown it is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Meet n' Greet before game day:

I'm not opposed to it and I know DFARM is for it.

I'm pretty sure Craig wouldn't be able to make it and it sounds like Steve won't be able to either.

On the mark?

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
No, it doesn't matter to me.  I don't know if I will have a chance to shop before the match; I'm working or sleeping almost every day until then. I do have brown and green T shirts, obviously.
I'll print out the application and get it in the mail tomorrow; can you send me your mailing address or is it easier for me to bring it to the meet?

Steve

Steve, I've heard that Under Armour t-shirts are available at the PX/BX.  At least at the McChord AFB.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Meet n' Greet before game day:

I'm not opposed to it and I know DFARM is for it.

I'm pretty sure Craig wouldn't be able to make it and it sounds like Steve won't be able to either.

On the mark?

-Frank

Probably not but But if it happened Fri. night I'd try to get there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:36:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Another team?

I got a CETME, M-11/9mm and Model 97 12ga. to use.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#50]
  Went to the range today. likely the last time until the match. still have not gotten an answer yet about camping their or near by. Does anyone know about this? If not maybe theirs some forest land nearby?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top