Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:30:25 PM EDT
So, last week I get home around midnight from a 12hr shift, I happily find that the Bolt logos I ordered arrived, not wanting to waste time I head right out to my garage/shop and dutifully clean the glass and warm it up so the logo will adhere nicely, I even measured the glass so I could get the logo fairly centered on it.  And this is the result...............  

So the next morning I wonder outside to see how my handiwork looks during the daylight and......All that prep and dumbass forgets that I'm inside looking out.  looks nice from the inside, but backwards to all else.

I tried to remove it today and put it on right, but the vynal started to tear and curl, so for now its stays as is.........even though it bugs me. Next time I'll have to get some rest before I handle even the simplest of tasks. And yes I did manage to put them on the cars the correct way.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So, last week I get home around midnight from a 12hr shift, I happily find that the Bolt logos I ordered arrived, not wanting to waste time I head right out to my garage/shop and dutifully clean the glass and warm it up so the logo will adhere nicely, I even measured the glass so I could get the logo fairly centered on it.  And this is the result...............  

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/KPHWA/bolt1.jpg

So the next morning I wonder outside to see how my handiwork looks during the daylight and......All that prep and dumbass forgets that I'm inside looking out.  looks nice from the inside, but backwards to all else.

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/KPHWA/bolt.jpg

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/KPHWA/bolt2.jpg

I tried to remove it today and put it on right, but the vynal started to tear and curl, so for now its stays as is.........even though it bugs me. Next time I'll have to get some rest before I handle even the simplest of tasks. And yes I did manage to put them on the cars the correct way.

Heat gun + orange cleaner.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I know for fact you are not the only one that has put one on wrong... Look at some of the cars/trucks/RVs at the next LCR.  I'd say 1 in 4 is "wrong" ...  At least you have the extractor up so you could claim you are looking from the inside out or you have a lefty AR.  I like the ones that have the extractor at the bottom... Ejection back into the mag is a bitch!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Dumb-ass...

You are left handed anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know for fact you are not the only one that has put one on wrong... Look at some of the cars/trucks/RVs at the next LCR.  I'd say 1 in 4 is "wrong" ...  At least you have the extractor up so you could claim you are looking from the inside out or you have a lefty AR.  I like the ones that have the extractor at the bottom... Ejection back into the mag is a bitch!

Not near as heinous as putting a Glock sticker on wrong!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunny man tried to tell me my sticker was on wrong... Its all point of view, mine was as if you were looking at a closed bolt from the barrel side.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not near as heinous as putting a Glock sticker on wrong!

No sticker will EVER be as hilarious as that!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Easy fix...take out the window and put it inside out.

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
well it looked perfect while I was putting it on, INSIDE.  so if I'm messing around in the shop I'm fine with it, its just everytime I walk by or am out doing yardwork I catch a glimpse of it and shake my head.  At least none of my neighbors have a clue as to how it should look, or probably even know what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top