Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2007 2:50:39 PM EDT
We are having a troop rally tonight 6:00 P.M. at the entrance to the port of Olympia. We need to support the few who are there every night who are showing support for the returning Striker Brigade. I know this is kind of short notice and you might not live in the Oly area but I hope to get more of these going with more advance notice.
If you don't know where to go just go down by the Farmers Market and look for the American flags.
Bill

Ok now new times, This came from Shelly, who started these rallys.
Thursday at 6:pm there will be a rally for more Strikers going out.
Saturday at noon the same place will be the big rally! we hope to get plenty of people on Sat. to show the protesters that they are in the minority here!
Hope you can all make it!
Met one guy tonite who drives down from Everett for every rally!
Hope to meet some of you there!
Bill
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Should we come "fully dressed"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there.  Those who can make but choose not to are not much better than the protesters.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll be there.  Those who can make but choose not to are not much better than the protesters.

You can kiss my ass with that statement.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well then stay home in your warm comfy house
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to attend.  Perhaps next time we will have more than two hours notice.

Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would love to attend.  Perhaps next time we will have more than two hours notice.

I agree, not much notice, next time I'll give you more time. Probably this Sat.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think big might agree with you, I know I do.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, not much notice, next time I'll give you more time. Probably this Sat.

Headed out of town this weekend.  Going home for Thanksgiving.

Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You have great potential. I love a good shit disturber. Getting people out in the weather, after work, may require a little more diplomacy, though.

I don't mind, however.

I'm in Everett and I'm not going to make it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well then stay home in your warm comfy house

Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Should we come "fully dressed"?

Of course
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#13]
This sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, I haven't the means to attend. Since I am also working Saturday, on a Hemet and a 923a1, I guess that counts as my warm, comfortable home. I'm such a sissy.....BTW, I don't see much future for you in the diplomatic corps.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have great potential. I love a good shit disturber. Getting people out in the weather, after work, may require a little more diplomacy, though.

I don't mind, however.

Yes, this one has much potential, I got a good laugh out of the potential shit storm that was sure to ensue...
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mind, however.

Yes, this one has much potential, I got a good laugh out of the potential shit storm that was sure to ensue...

The FU with this one is strong!
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Why would I want to goto Olympia and stand out in the cold, when I could be here watching a real fight start up?...

Honestly, I wish I could go, and would if I were not already stuck here at work...

I love the sound of tear gas rounds going off, and even more to see the lib-tards cry after a nice healthy dose of it...
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if there a counter-treasonist rally on Friday??

How can I find the schedule outside of this thread?
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
If you do this again please post up, I will be there.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there a counter-treasonist rally on Friday??

How can I find the schedule outside of this thread?

No, Thursday 6pm, saturday noon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#22]
So, what exactly do the counter-protesters do?  Do they just sit there and watch the meyham that the protesters cause or are we to get in their faces and "debate" with them?  We are normally law abiding/orderly citizens so is the counter-demonstration just something that is to make us feel good about doing something but not have any affect on the demonstrators?  I know what I would like to do but I don't think it would go over well with the popo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?

Do you want that alphebetically or in order of annoyance
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?

+1
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Count me in for Saturday @ noon/noon-thirty.  Are the counter-protesters mostly in the gravel area West of Batdorf & Bronson?

Link Posted: 11/15/2007 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with you?

Do you want that alphebetically or in order of annoyance
Gonna have to remember that next time someone asks me that question.....lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Count me in for Saturday @ noon/noon-thirty.  Are the counter-protesters mostly in the gravel area West of Batdorf & Bronson?

They will most likely be in the road getting peppersprayed and then councilman TJ Johnson will open up the council chambers so they can all file police brutality complaints.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, the shipments have ended yet the fauxtesters still have "protests" planned for Seattle, Olympia and Chehalis.

" OLYMPIA, Wash.– Police arrested more war protestors Thursday as the final shipment of equipment returning to Fort Lewis from Iraq made its way out of the Port of Olympia.

Police used pepper balls to subdue protestors in the afternoon, then arrested five people.  Some who refused to move were dragged out of the way, even through standing water.

The protestors have been outside the Port for several days, blocking trucks hauling the equipment.   In all, 66 people have been arrested over the past several days of protests.

"The ship got in 11 days ago.  People have been coming for all 11 days, putting their bodies at risk, putting their jobs at risk, putting their schoolwork at risk.  We're willing to do whatever it takes to stop the militarization of our community," said a protestor who goes by the name Kteeo.

Organizers of these war protests are planning yet more protests Friday in Seattle, Olympia and Chehalis.

A few dozen people also protested outside a Marine recruiting office at the Tacoma Mall.  There were no arrests.

All this came just hours after the House of Representatives passed a $50 billion war spending bill - a quarter of what the Bush Administration wanted and with a provision to withdraw troops from Iraq by December of 2008.

President Bush has indicated he'll veto the bill"

Source:  http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_111507WAB_antiwar_protesters_LJ.60d05c4.html

Gotta love the "even through standing water" bit.  C'mon, King5, it's a frikin' puddle.  Boo-hoo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well, the shipments have ended yet the fauxtesters still have "protests" planned for Seattle, Olympia and Chehalis.

" OLYMPIA, Wash.– Police arrested more war protestors Thursday as the final shipment of equipment returning to Fort Lewis from Iraq made its way out of the Port of Olympia.

Police used pepper balls to subdue protestors in the afternoon, then arrested five people.  Some who refused to move were dragged out of the way, even through standing water.

The protestors have been outside the Port for several days, blocking trucks hauling the equipment.   In all, 66 people have been arrested over the past several days of protests.

"The ship got in 11 days ago.  People have been coming for all 11 days, putting their bodies at risk, putting their jobs at risk, putting their schoolwork at risk.  We're willing to do whatever it takes to stop the militarization of our community," said a protestor who goes by the name Kteeo.

Organizers of these war protests are planning yet more protests Friday in Seattle, Olympia and Chehalis.

A few dozen people also protested outside a Marine recruiting office at the Tacoma Mall.  There were no arrests.

All this came just hours after the House of Representatives passed a $50 billion war spending bill - a quarter of what the Bush Administration wanted and with a provision to withdraw troops from Iraq by December of 2008.

President Bush has indicated he'll veto the bill"

Source:  http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_111507WAB_antiwar_protesters_LJ.60d05c4.html

Gotta love the "even through standing water" bit.  C'mon, King5, it's a frikin' puddle.  Boo-hoo.
And here we just finished our crowd control cert, perhaps we will get called out to play.....
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#31]
We just did our crowd/riot control training a few months ago too.

Saturday is tempting, however it's also the last two days of hunting season, and I haven't shot anything yet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#32]
The local fishwrapper has posted a schedule of what he fauxtesters have planned for today and tomorrow:

" The Olympian

Today 10 a.m.: Some South Puget Sound Community College students will rally against the Iraq War at the SPSCC bus stop, then march to the Capitol Campus, arriving at about noon.

Noon: Some Evergreen State College students will walk to Bank of America downtown, 609 Fourth Ave., about noon and protest about 1 p.m. over its dealings with the environment. Then they will march to the Capitol Campus and demonstrate there at 2 p.m. against the war in Iraq and the “war on the environment.”

Saturday

Olympia Port Militarization Resistance, which has organized the protests of militaryequipment convoys at the Port of Olympia, will lead a march and rally to “protest the use of local community resources to support the war in Iraq” and what it calls poor treatment by Olympia police. It begins at 1 p.m. at Percival Landing, at Fourth Avenue and Water Street, stops at City Hall and proceeds to the Port Plaza for the rally."

Yee-haw!

Link Posted: 11/16/2007 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]
So who all is coming down tomorrow? We need all the supporters we can get!
I heard the weather won't be too bad !
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I am and my pops is planning on attending too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top