Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 10:48:34 AM EDT
How about a thread featuring everyone's favorite firearm?  When we meet at classes, a lot of our focus is on the training--which is good--but I never spend enough time checking out everyone's gear.  I thought a thread where Wisconsinites could show off their favorite rifle & handgun would be pretty interesting.  Interesting for the gear, and interesting to hear your reasons why it's your favorite.  Maybe because of sentimental value, maybe because of uniqueness, or the history behind it, or the entertainment value...whatever makes you fond of it.

I'll start with my Colt SBR.  My favorite because of its handiness, handling, and performance.

If the thread takes off, I'll come back to a handgun later...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll get new ones this weekend, till then these will have to do.

My franken gun, I love this thing. EA J15 lower, CMT upper with a unknown maker 1/9 habar. YHM lightweight railed FF tube, Scope is a Leupold VX-II 1-4x20. Rings are just cheap millet rings on an ARMS 19. It needs some slightly lower rings.

Favorite pistol.
IMI/Magnum Research Baby Eagle, Fullsize 9mm, 16 round mags. I still haven't found a pistol that feels as good in my hand as this one does.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Staking my claim to a front page spot.

Okay, not the usual for around here, but ....

My favorites are probably a pair of Marlin Model 60's.

Early in our dating, I took the wife shooting a few times; indoor pistol.
She dug it, but was very frustrated with shooting ..... wanting to be better than she was.

Finally we went outdoor with an Ak and the model 60.
She couldn't hit shit.
I kept moving the target closer.
I was drawing pictures on scrap cardboard of what the sight picture should look like.

Finally she started hitting.
Then suddenly she was plinking away at 50 and 75 yards and having a good time.
We bumped into the second model 60 at the Fond Du Lac show.

Spent many an afternoon sharing a bulk pack.
She started suggesting that we go shooting .......
She started grabbing ammo while she was out ....
She had become a shooting enthusiast.

So that's why they're the favorites; they were the beginning.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I will start with this pic.  It will have to do until I pick out my favorite.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tag for a spot, gotta get new pics of the guns first.

Will you take some of mine? My Sony just aint as clear as your Camera

Still my favorite and gives me great pleasure to let you guys fire it when we be at de Club

Oh ya the C-More Is No-More Went to the EO TECH After I seen Mister Px I had to have One Now I have Two and Credit Card Bills THANKS MISTER PX

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
This one is my favorite right now.  I just wish I could afford to shoot it more often.

Rem 700P .308
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag for a spot, gotta get new pics of the guns first.

Will you take some of mine? My Sony just aint as clear as your Camera

Still my favorite and gives me great pleasure to let you guys fire it when we be at de Club

Oh ya the C-More Is No-More Went to the EO TECH After I seen Mister Px I had to have One Now I have Two and Credit Card Bills THANKS MISTER PX

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/hkmp5a2/102-0264_IMG.jpg' target='_new'>i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/hkmp5a2/102-0264_IMG.jpg</a>

These are both from images from the 2003 NFA shoot or the 2004 NFA shoot I can't remember exactly.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm jumping in for a front page spot as well.  I need to get some better pics so I will ETA this later but I promise it won't be too long.  I have another pic coming as soon as my parts arrive.

I know some of you folks have some pretty neat stuff.

Here is one of my first 1911.  I have since retired it to be a safe queen and am still looking for original grips for it.  It's an original 1953 Colt Govt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, now I gotta get pics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#9]
It was tough deciding my one favorite handgun.  It was a toss-up between a Glock 22 and a Glock 27.  Both are bone-stock, both are completely reliable.  I almost chose my G22 because of a particular experience I shared with it, but I chose the G27.  I've carried this thing daily since 1998 in a Kramer IWB holster, and I shoot it nearly as well as the G22.  It's my favorite because it's comfortable to wear, always nearby, and I'm completely familiar with it.  Whoever said "familiarity breeds contempt" didn't know what they were talking about.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Throttle,

Nice Glenfield 60's.  One of those was my first squirrel rifle, until I stupidly left it in a cloth case and the barrel rusted.  Then, even more stupidly, I sold it.

But I have a history of stupid firearms deals.  Like my first deer rifle, a sporterized 1903A3 that shot MOA.  I thought I needed a Savage Scout more...and then hated the Scout.  So I don't have either of my first firearms  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Tagged.

Must. . . .

Get. . . .

New. . .

Pics. . . .

I actually have 4 favorite arms.  A remmy 870 I got when I was 17, my A2 competetion AR, my M4/Recce (when I get it rebuilt) and my little ole' Marlin .22.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... , but I chose the G27....

I see rounds in it.
The trigger is forward.

You CAN simply push the trigger forward with an empty chamber to get that look, but me thinks its a hot weapon.
Good job.

If it was laying on a poncho with some loose rounds you'ld get a +1 on the pic.

The rear sight looks suspiciously like a Mepro, but there's no writing on it.?.?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Early in our dating, I took the wife shooting a few times; indoor pistol.
She dug it, but was very frustrated with shooting ..... wanting to be better than she was.

Finally we went outdoor with an Ak and the model 60.
She couldn't hit shit.
I kept moving the target closer.
I was drawing pictures on scrap cardboard of what the sight picture should look like.

Finally she started hitting.
Then suddenly she was plinking away at 50 and 75 yards and having a good time.
We bumped into the second model 60 at the Fond Du Lac show.

Spent many an afternoon sharing a bulk pack.
She started suggesting that we go shooting .......
She started grabbing ammo while she was out ....
She had become a shooting enthusiast.

So that's why they're the favorites; they were the beginning.

TJ that's a cool story.... You DO realize you're a lucky SOB don't you???

After watching her shoot yesterday it looks like you did a really good job as her teacher... I wish I could get my g/f to even think about going shooting...

If I sound jealous it's because I AM...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If it was laying on a poncho with some loose rounds you'd get a +1 on the pic.

The rear sight looks suspiciously like a Mepro, but there's no writing on it.?.?

I never was artistic.  I've got to convince my wife to help me take some "classy" photos of these sometime.

The G27 has Trijicons, but any markings that were on the side of them (?) wore off long ago.  I have Mepros on my G22, and slightly prefer those because they're slightly larger (but either is fine).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
..  it looks like you did a really good job as her teacher...

I can't take full credit for that.
She's been through two Defensive Edge courses now.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's a pic of my favorite...

OK... OK... I couldn't pick one the rest would get mad...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here's a pic of my favorite...

home.new.rr.com/msemenas/P3220039-b.jpg

OK... OK... I couldn't pick one the rest would get mad...

There is a "safe pic" thread for that one, ya cheater!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

There is a "safe pic" thread for that one, ya cheater!!!!!

I'll edit it and do it right... I just couldn't resist... My new digital camera is going to be delivered on Wednesday, I wanna take it with that... This is just one I had taken with the old one for my insurance guy...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I never was artistic.  I've got to convince my wife to help me take some "classy" photos of these sometime.

No need to be autistic about it, just lay down something camo and put some tactical accessories in the pic for eye candy.
You can't really get it wrong.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
In on first page woot!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Tagarooni!!!!

It might be a few days or a week though!

Well.....OK.  The wait will be for pics only.

My favorite carbine has to be my Colt 9mm (now 5.56) Ar15 carbine.  The mag adapter is gone and it wears an A1 16" lite 1/12 twist Colt upper in 5.56.  It is the lightest, handiest rifle I have ever handled that chambers a centerfire cartridge.  I have fired thousands of rounds through it over the last 7 years.  It was also my first AR, built up from a stripped lower in 1998.  And yes, it left the factory as a complete rifle pre ban.  WooT!

(pic goes here)

I built another carbine recently, once I get familiar with it, it may supplant the Colt thanks to accuracy potential and long sight radius.

I have a few handguns, and have sold off a lot such as a Glock 23, HK USP 9, Astra A100, Colt Trooper, even a Haskell JS45!!  .  My favorite by far is my trusty 1st gen Kimber 1911.  

(pic goes here!)

Although, I fired Stan's Glizzzock 17 last weekend and after hitting a variety of steel with every shot rapid fire from cover, I think I might have to get me one!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Shoot someone's G19 before you jump into the 17.
I decided too late, and I spent forever searching out a trade.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Shoot someone's G19 before you jump into the 17.
I decided too late, and I spent forever searching out a trade.

This IS AR15.com.......BUY BOTH!

Where are all the pics?!?!?!?!  I have to make some new ones up but at least I plopped somethign up till then.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No need to be autistic about it, just lay down something camo and put some tactical accessories in the pic for eye candy.
You can't really get it wrong.

Spent some time taking insurance photos on the .38 and the 10/22, so I thought I'd try out the new "look".  1st post in thread.  Still not really happy with it  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#25]
MUUUUCH better.

Big +1 on the pic now.

BTW - It's pretty ironic that you're the one with a ground-down bayo lug.

What's the story on the thingy clamped to the sight post?

I used to have a spiderco "Endura" with the same blade profile. I liked a lot, mostly bacause the clip attached at the hilt-end. This made it come out of my pocket in the 'ready' position.
I never understood why most clips attach at the hinge end.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#26]
re: bayo lug, it started off as a fully-neutered 6520.  Post-AWB I had it transformed at SAW, but there's really no point for a lug on a 11.5".  Muzzle blast ought to distract 'em.  

SureFire X200 light on a Picatinny rail.  Bought it for my Glock but decided I wanted a security holster more than I wanted a handgun light, so put the light on the rifle.

Did I mention I like this thing?  
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#27]

SBR Goodness
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats!  Let's hear all the details!
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Well the lower statrted off as a once "post ban" Oly Arms. Upper isan 11.5in model 1 1/9 hbar I got from PX. The rear is a I think it's a DPMS I really don't remember, but it's a night sight. The front post was replaced with a night sight as well. The optic is SPOT mk III. It's got the same fate as the tacpoint. I'll be send ing off money for an aimpoint on monday and that will be the primary optic for it. There is also a light in the feature, got figure out how I want to do it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Beretta 38A for the children and indoors and the no1 mk3 for outdoors.  nothing beats the look on the face of vistors when my wife and daughters run a subgun.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Beretta 92FS.

It just works.

Rifle - I don't have a picture of it, but it would be the Enfield #4 Mk 1*. Used it in a "tactical" rifle class not that long ago. The instructor had a good laugh when everyone else was using an AR type rifle with optics and spiffy slings, and I was shooting a 1944 bolt action that carried 10 rounds and loaded with 5 round stripper clips. Still shot damn well! My time was slow, however.

The wife likes the MP-40. I'll have to post a picture of her with one.

Av.

Link Posted: 10/17/2005 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Can I play too?

Colt commando upper assy on a built up RRA.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Class 3 will be the most fun I've had going bankrupt

IMI SMG 9mm and Vector 22lr conversion

Check out Hebrew marked trigger group

With his newly adopted brother...10.3" CMMG SBR

Who says, "size doesn't matter"?

Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Mine would have to be my Bushmaster BAR 10. I haven't shot it nearly enough though, and I really don't know how to get pics on here...

then again, I have put quite a few rounds through my XD without fail...hmm...
Link Posted: 10/22/2005 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/22/2005 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Not  my fave, but the only one I have a pic of right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top