Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2005 11:54:33 PM EDT
Dear Friends,

Line of Fire, LLC, will be conducting a two-day Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) course on: TBA.

Each course covers the states of Nevada, Utah, and Florida, and legally possessing CCW permits for all three states allows you to carry concealed in 28 states across the country.

COURSES: These courses are very comprehensive and they far exceed the training standards required to obtain CCW permits in the states of Nevada, Utah, and Florida. Each course is open to a maximum of 10 students. Out-of-state residents are more than welcome to attend either course.

TUITION: The tuition for each course is $150.00 per person and includes: classroom and range instruction in the use of your personal handgun(s) to be listed on your permit and includes qualification on two firearms (additional qualifications can be done for a nominal fee), all course materials, applications for Nevada, Utah, and Florida; fingerprint cards (Utah, Florida), written testing, dry-practice, live-fire practice, live-fire qualification, range fees, targets, and certificate of completion - which reflects 12 contact training hours. NOTE: Your tuition does not include the filing fees for the states of Nevada, Utah, or Florida, or the fingerprinting fees for Utah and Florida. When you go to file your Nevada application, the LVMPD will print you on the cards for the other two states for a charge of $10.00 per card. The two cards, one for Utah and one for Florida are provided by Line of Fire, LLC free of charge.

GUN ADDITIONS: If you already possess a Nevada CCW permit and wish to add guns to your CCW, you are welcome to participate in the full range training class on Sunday, provided that there are less than 10 students (we hold the line to 10 students max). The cost for gun additions for those wishing to add a gun(s) on the second day is a flat $50.00 and includes up to two guns. Additional guns can be added for a nominal fee.

RANGE SESSION: The Range Session of this course for existing Nevada CCW permit holders is not just qualification, it includes dry-practice; live-fire practice; live-fire qualification; range fees; targets, and certificate of completion - which reflects 4 contact hours of live-fire training. Please contact me for more info and ammunition requirements for this portion of the course.

CONTACT: Please feel free to e-mail me your phone number, or call me directly if you are interested and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. I will call out of state residents back on my dime.

I wish to thank AR15.com for giving me the opportunity to post this announcement.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Professional Firearms Training Group
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC

Link Posted: 2/5/2005 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.  How many spots do you have left?
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
GB,

There are two seats left. If you know anyone interested please forward my information to them.

Thanks.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
how many spots left for the 26 and 27th? also, what time will they start?
i am driving/relocating to vegas on the 26th and if it's late enough, i can make it. also, how much?
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how many spots left for the 26 and 27th? also, what time will they start?
i am driving/relocating to vegas on the 26th and if it's late enough, i can make it. also, how much?

Hello Kali,

The 26th and 27th is pretty open at this point. I have eight seats left. We start at 0900 hrs and go until 1700 - 1730 hrs both days. Cost is $150.00.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hello Kali,

The 26th and 27th is pretty open at this point. I have eight seats left. We start at 0900 hrs and go until 1700 - 1730 hrs both days. Cost is $150.00.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC

can't make it at 900. i'll be leaving the sf bay area around 700 and won't be in vegas until about 1400-1500.
if you are planning on having this again SOON, i'll definitely be in it. i'd like to get my ccw as soon as i get my perm. place there...
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: can't make it at 900. i'll be leaving the sf bay area around 700 and won't be in vegas until about 1400-1500.
if you are planning on having this again SOON, i'll definitely be in it. i'd like to get my ccw as soon as i get my perm. place there...

I have a class on the 22nd and 23rd of February (Tuesday and Wednesday) if that will work for you, or you can e-mail me or call me to let me know your schedule and I will try to accomodate your schedule.

Be Safe.

Joe
(702) 242-8288
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Joe, I should have bet you.  

When you're right, you're right, WP.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a class on the 22nd and 23rd of February (Tuesday and Wednesday) if that will work for you, or you can e-mail me or call me to let me know your schedule and I will try to accomodate your schedule.

Be Safe.

Joe
(702) 242-8288
[email protected]

check your email.
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Kali,

Check your e-mail....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
One seat left for 2/12 and 2/13....

Be Safe.

Joe  
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Course is full for 2/12 - 2/13, 2005.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Big +1 for Joe.  I just completed the course and it was great.  Nizzari is a real professional and he knows his stuff.  For me it was more than just a CCW course, it was a good practical handgun training course with the CCW requirements as a bonus.  I intend to do more extensive training with him in the future.  Good job, man.

Link Posted: 2/14/2005 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Joe, I should have bet you.  

Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Big +1 for Joe.  I just completed the course and it was great.  Nizzari is a real professional and he knows his stuff.  For me it was more than just a CCW course, it was a good practical handgun training course with the CCW requirements as a bonus.  I intend to do more extensive training with him in the future.  Good job, man.

Thanks ratspawn,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your CCW training. I look forward to conducting more training sessions for you in the future.

I really appreciate the positive feedback.

Thanks again,

Be Safe.

Joe  
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Friends,

I will be conducting a small CCW course for Nevada, Utah, and Florida, on February 22nd and 23rd.

At this point there are two people committed, and there might be a third. There is plenty of room so if you can make it and you prefer to be in a small class where you will get more comprehensive one-on-one instruction, you should really consider theses dates.

Please feel free to call, e-mail, or IM me for details.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC

Link Posted: 2/23/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]
see you on the 5th and 6th.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm looking forward to it too, Bro.

Please call me if you need anything.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Joe, I edited this to show just the upcoming class as not to confuse anyone with old classes. I went out with Joe today and a couple of other guys who took his class and did the range portion with them, it is well worth the trigger time to go and do it. Anyone interested contact Joe, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks WP,

It was again my pleasure to train with you. You did an outstanding job and I look forward to training with you again soon.... perhaps on March 6th, for the CCW range class.

You are welcome to participate in that range session (or any range session that I conduct).....

Just let me know, Bro.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
There are still a few seats available for the March 5th, and 6th CCW course.

If you already possess a valid Nevada CCW permit (or if you have already taken the full course and haven't filed your paperwork yet) and you would like to get in some trigger time and add a couple of guns to your existing CCW permit (if you have more guns to add), you are welcome to participate in the range portion on Sunday, March 6th.

If you don't already have your CCW permit, contact me and I will reserve a spot for you in the full class (Sat. and Sun.), or if you know someone that is interested taking the course, please forward them my contact information so I can speak with them directly.

If you will be participating in the range portion only, you will need eye and ear protection, 200 rounds of factory jacketed ammunition for your primary gun (the gun you carry most of the time) and 50 rounds per gun if you are wishing to add more guns to your permit (maximum of two).

The tuition for just the range is a flat $50.00 per person and it covers range fees, dry practice, live-fire practice, targets, qualification, LVMPD gun addition certificate (if you are adding guns to your existing permit), and a four hour certificate of completion to document your range training.

The weather is beautiful this time of year and just perfect for training. All training is done outdoors at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, in Boulder City, Nevada.

Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested and I will reserve a spot for you.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#24]
a thumbs up for Joe!

just an observation, but currently the only reason for getting a UT CCW would seem to be if you need/want to carry in WA... or am i missing something?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
a thumbs up for Joe!

just an observation, but currently the only reason for getting a UT CCW would seem to be if you need/want to carry in WA... or am i missing something?

Well, you'd get WA and about 25 or so more states...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
a thumbs up for Joe!

Well, you'd get WA and about 25 or so more states...

ummm? perhaps i didn't phrase my question properly.

Nevada-

UT and AZ now have reciprocity with NV... they didn't a few years ago, so UT was the cheap and quick way to be able to carry in our two closest neighbors who allow it.

makes sense to get one or the other of the below states... doesn't seem to make sense to get both.

Florida-
good for 5 years, cost $117 (28 states if i count correctly)

Utah- good for 5 years, $59 (29 states if i count correctly)

none of this is directed at Joe for offering the option of both... i'm just asking if i'm missing something as there currently doesn't seem to be any reason to get both.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#27]
hmm, perhaps i miscounted, FL gives you PA, and UT gives you WA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Joe offers first class instruction, and there is  no stupid question if you really do not know.
Good luck Joe....
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
a thumbs up for Joe!

I have to been reading the treads here for awhile, so I know Joe will probably respond to your question.

I have taken several classes from Joe and the training is the best.  He makes the old saying of  "you get what you pay for" true and then some.

Joe does offer applications for Florida and Utah.  It is up to you if you would like to file them. There is no extra charge from Joe for the permits.  He just offeres them in case you would like to file.  I did because the laws for whether they will honor your permit or have a recoprocity with your permit changes.  

Tricia
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#30]
The reason I put forward Utah and Florida permit applications and their respective fingerprint cards to my students is because, although Nevada is "recognized" by several states it does not have “reciprocity” with any other states, because, at this time Nevada refuses to enter into reciprocity agreements.

The differentiation between reciprocity and recognition is:

Reciprocity is when different states concur to accept each other’s permits. This is usually done by having a formal, signed agreement between each state’s Attorney Generals.

Recognition is when different states simply acknowledge or “recognize” another state’s permit in the nonexistence of a formal signed agreement.

Any state that simply recognizes Nevada’s permit can “withdraw” the recognition status by the stroke of a pen and without notice, because there is no compulsory agreement (formal contract) to protect the acceptance of the permit.

Example: Arizona currently “recognizes” Nevada’s CCW permit. On the other hand, Arizona can stop recognizing Nevada’s permit at any time because there is no formal, signed agreement. If that happens and an unfortunate Nevada resident who is ignorant of the fact that Nevada’s permit is no longer accepted in Arizona, decides to pay a visit to family in that state and he gets stopped by the police, he can find himself in an unfortunate state of affairs.

If the Arizona officer discovers the Nevada resident is carrying a concealed handgun on his person, and the Nevada resident yields his Nevada CCW permit that is no longer recognized in Arizona, he could be subject to arrest for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

If this fictitious scenario was factual and the Nevada resident possessed a valid Utah permit (Arizona has a formal, signed reciprocal agreement with Utah) he would be in the clear. The same example could apply to any other state that does not have formal “reciprocity” with Nevada (check each state individually before traveling because, some states only recognize residents of the actual state that is reciprocal or recognized).

Example: A Utah CCW permit is recognized in New Hampshire, but only if the CCW permit holder is from Utah. Therefore, a Nevada resident possessing a Utah permit would not be accepted in New Hampshire.

If, and I articulate if, Nevada ever does enter into formal, signed agreements with other states, I would say the Utah and Florida permits would not be necessary. I would still acquire valid permits from those two states in the meantime, especially if you travel to any of the states that only recognize Nevada. I think it is cheap indemnity.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Joe offers first class instruction, and there is  no stupid question if you really do not know.
Good luck Joe....

Thanks Vdude,

Be Safe, Bro.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
New CCW training dates are: Saturday and Sunday, March, 12th - 13th.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
New CCW training dates are: Saturday and Sunday, March, 12th - 13th.

Be Safe.

Joseph Nizzari
Training Director,
Line of Fire, LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 242-8288
Line of Fire, LLC

i highly recommend this class! this class is top-notch!

thanks again, joe.

btw, when's the ar15/m16 class?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i highly recommend this class! this class is top-notch!

thanks again, joe.

btw, when's the ar15/m16 class?

I am pleased that you enjoyed the CCW course Kali.

We will be scheduling the M16/AR15/M4 Fieldcraft Rifle Course for sometime in April. The course is normally two days in length, but if we decide to attach a live-fire overnighter out of town the course will be be bumped to three days. If we do include the "Hike, Hunker, Shoot," we can schedule that third day/night for the following week or whenever it is convenient for the students, that way everyone can participate.

There is a required equipment list that is pretty extensive and you must review it before the course, so IM or e-mail me and I will be happy to forward the list to you. If you need any help gearing up, please let me know and I will assist you in filling in the gaps with the gear that you need.

If you thought the CCW course was dynamic, you won't want to miss this one.....

Be Safe.

Joe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top