Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2005 9:51:19 PM EDT
I want to go somewhere in the Las Vegas Area away from homes and liberals to shoot without being harassed.  I heard there is a place by Wheeler's RV near Black Mountain.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you located. There's tons of places to go without being harrased.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I belive correct me if I am wrong here but.

Any blm land be it not a park or with in 1000 feet of any man made things or a dump.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#3]
1.  Las Vegas blvd headed south.  When you start to parallel I15 and see a bunch of Albertson's trucks on your right, you'll see a mound (not really a mountain) on your left.  Take the poleline road left and parallel the mound.  I keep going and turn left on a dirt path and shoot my shotty to my hearts content.  The few times I've gone have been around sunrise and no one's been around, but I hear ppl do frequent the place.

2.  95 north out of town, turn right at the 103 mile marker.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where are you located. There's tons of places to go without being harrased.

I live in the Southwest part of Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1.  Las Vegas blvd headed south.  When you start to parallel I15 and see a bunch of Albertson's trucks on your right, you'll see a mound (not really a mountain) on your left.  Take the poleline road left and parallel the mound.  I keep going and turn left on a dirt path and shoot my shotty to my hearts content.  The few times I've gone have been around sunrise and no one's been around, but I hear ppl do frequent the place.
The BLM closed this area, (Slaon Canyon National Conservation area), to shooting about a year ago. Yep people still use it , BUT I have a pamplet published by the BLM listing it as a no shooting area. Same place we held the DBS for several years until the Feds designated the area federally protected. Bad ju-ju to shoot here. Do so at your own risk.

A better bet is to go 6 miles south of there to Litehouse road. I have spoken with the law enforcement division head ranger and he has approved this area for informal shooting. NO GLASS!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
As far as I know anything south of the north end of hidden valley is ok to shoot at.  BLM closed the best area to shoot at, so now we get to screw up new areas.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As far as I know anything south of the north end of hidden valley is ok to shoot at.  BLM closed the best area to shoot at, so now we get to screw up new areas.

Every time I have revealed a good spot to shoot (and I have many), people just go there and Fuck it up.

I am silent on this issue....

Sorry Porch.

Be Safe.

Joe

ETA: No disrespect LG....
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:The BLM closed this area, (Slaon Canyon National Conservation area), to shooting about a year ago. Yep people still use it , BUT I have a pamplet published by the BLM listing it as a no shooting area. Same place we held the DBS for several years until the Feds designated the area federally protected. Bad ju-ju to shoot here. Do so at your own risk.

A better bet is to go 6 miles south of there to Litehouse road. I have spoken with the law enforcement division head ranger and he has approved this area for informal shooting. NO GLASS!

Damn.  VSMG, where can someone get that pamphlet?  Does it list areas that are ok to shoot or is it only on that conservation area?  What is DBS?

edit:  Anyone hear of this?

Clark County Sports Shooting Park
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BLM closed the best area to shoot at, so now we get to screw up new areas.

Pretty much, huh? People WILL locate other areas to trash and fill with lead.

The pamplet is being handed out by BLM rangers as they run across desert shooters. It's pretty vauge as it only lists a few areas without defining their boundries. The ones listed are; Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area, Lake Meade National Recreation Area, Sunrise Mountain, Nellis, Apex. It further states a few basics; You must be at least 1,000 feet from roads and houses, Do not shoot from or over a highway/road, You must have a backdrop, Glass targets are NOT allowed. It also contains a warning about steel core ammo and it's potential to spark on rocks and ignite vegatation and states that shooters are responsible for fire suppression costs incurred by shooting.  www.ndow.org
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
D street and I-15.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
D street and I-15.  

Remember: "Bling Bling" is an extra $200.00!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top