Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2007 1:59:38 PM EDT
I was put right through to Sen. Milner. As some of you know he voted yes on the mag ban. I called to voice my displeasure. Some of you also may remember he voted no on the AWB. Why the switch? Well  Mr. Milner first said he has been swamped with email's and was having an impossible time explaining in an e mail why he voted the way he did. He than proceeded to talk to me at great length about his dislike for any type of gun control. At several time's I thought I was talking to one of my shooting buddies instead of a politician. He own's an AR has Hi cap mag'shock.gif. What this all come's down to is the Dem's in this state are fighting hard. Men like Senator Milner are outnumbered and attacked from every angle. They are doing everything they can. And the mag ban was the bargaining chip. It was that or a gun ban. A 50 cal. ban. Which could have included muzzle loader's. He told me this ban has been ammended to piece's from what the dem's originally wanted. How would you have like'd to do 10 year's for one 20 round mag? He hope's he did'nt make a mistake. And made it very clear to me that he is on our side. I will be watching and in my opinion if we could vote in more men and woman like Sen. Milner we would not have much to worry about. Your opinion's Will be appriciated.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What will he have to compromise with next year?
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
So how is this good?
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And the mag ban was the bargaining chip. It was that or a gun ban. A 50 cal. ban. Which could have included muzzle loader's.

So satan the dems wanted an all out gun ban or a .50 ban?
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And the mag ban was the bargaining chip. It was that or a gun ban. A 50 cal. ban. Which could have included muzzle loader's.

So satan the dems wanted an all out gun ban or a .50 ban?

The poorly worded AWB.

Once again "Sensible compromise" serves our rights up on a platter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Once again "Sensible compromise" serves our rights up on a platter.

Sounds like the NRA
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
You never gain from giving something away. Not that there is anything to be done about it as long as people vote for these libtards. Maybe delaying the assholes is good; maybe they will all catch a deadly disease.

Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
First let me say if up to me. Nothing would be banned. I Don' t like giving up anything. But He did seem to be genuine when he said he was on our side. My experiance with negotiation's is you have to give to get. The part that really suck's is these are our right's and there should NOT be any negotiating going on at all. The second amendment is what it is. Unfortunatly the lawyer's in office feel that everthing's up for grab's.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
He made a mistake, because now they will still come after the guns
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't give a shit how many angles and pressure there is!  You are either for the 2nd Amendment or you are against it.  How hard is it to say NO to legislature and stand your ground??

I know I'm not a politician, and I don't know the entire process, but to give anybody any room to breathe on gun control is a victory and it won't stop there.

One more chip off the block, pretty soon that block gets smaller and smaller till there is none left.

That response was bullshit.

Rant off.
Bob
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
what was the compromise? so......there'll be no ban on .50's, etc., for now?
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw him.  So just what did he get in exchange for his "compromise"?

This is Bullshit.  We should be celebrating the passage of CCW in IL - not laying out all our mags on the floor and taking a Polaroid so we don't get sent to prison.

Even California, NY, NJ and MA have CCW - and here we sit unable to properly defend ourselves without becoming Class X felons.

F^@K this state.  My only hope is that the Parker Case kicks Daley and his fellow Cook County Crooks in their anti-gun asses and reverses all the BS in this state.

Mike

Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
He is the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He is the enemy.

Worse because he wears the mantle of a "gunner's friend".

What was that quote about "good men doing nothing"?
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I just don't buy it.  I don't understand these people.  As the Aaron Tippin song says, "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything", and in this case, he, and a couple more state senators fell for the Daley/Blagojevich trap.

I don't believe they have the votes for an assault weapons ban at all yet, though it would be closer than ever.  The 50 caliber gun ban is a possibility, but I just can't see how it wouldn't pass, regardless of what a senator's vote was on this bill, if that's the way the votes and viewpoints currently stack up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
F^@K this state.  My only hope is that the Parker Case kicks Daley and his fellow Cook County Crooks in their anti-gun asses and reverses all the BS in this state.

I find hope in the Brown/Pike counties. Do you know how many solid red states there are in Illinois? We should set out a plan on how to convince our county boards to adopt these measures.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Population, 2006 estimate
Illinois  12,831,970
Cook County   5,288,655

Cook County represents 41.21% of Illinois' Population.  Until the people of cook county have their minds changed, gun owners are scr@wed in this state.

Cook County Population Info

Link Posted: 5/14/2007 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is the enemy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Grasshopper!

You must learn from history.....
 Bush I offered the Kommunists an executive order concerning gun control for their pledge of "NO NEW TAXES". Where do you think it got him at the ballot box when all the voters remembered "Bushlip" and his famous speech, "Read my lips, no new taxes", after the Kommies reneged and raised taxes.
 MILNERis NO friend of any 2nd Amendment, and you need a quick history lesson if you believe HIS lies!
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone needs to explain 'No compromise' to him.

The word is that he went out on his own on this one. If he would have consulted with the leadership, this would have been quashed.

CCW for Illinois
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is the enemy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Link Posted: 5/14/2007 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Well if you want to do something.
Posted by Swan Hunter:

There is a strong likelihood that this will pass this committee but I don't think we should just let it pass.

We need to use the same kind of tactics that we did on SB16. We need to tie up the phones of every single member of this committee except for the ones we know are with us . . .

When the hearing date is set we need to make plans to get as many gun owners there as we can - pack the room if necessary then swarm the Stratton building handing out fact sheets - burn the phone lines up and pile on the email, faxes, and letters.

Not because it will sway the committee but because the word will spread like wildfire that gun owners are on this - just like they are the AWB and the .50 cal ban. Remember those two bills passed out of committee too - we can't let up. We need to make a lot of noise! Polite noise but noise all the same.

Let's not forget Speaker of the House - Please contact Speaker of the House Michael Madigan and voice your opposition to this kind of legislation - (217) 782-5350

Chairperson : Daniel J. Burke (217) 782-1117 (773) 471-2299 (Cook) D

Vice-Chairperson : Joseph M. Lyons (217) 782-8400 ................. (773) 286-1115 (Cook) D

Republican Spokesperson : Dan Brady (217) 782-1118 ...................... (309) 662-1100 (McLean) R

Edward J. Acevedo (217) 782-2855 ................... (773) 843-1200 (Cook) D

Maria Antonia Berrios (217) 558-1032 ................... (773) 235-3939 (Cook) D

Bob Biggins (217) 782-6578 .................... (630) 941-1278 (DuPage) R

Richard T. Bradley (217) 782-8117 .................... (773) 794-9444 (Cook) D

Brent Hassert (217) 782-4179 ..................... (630) 739-7063 (Will) R

James H. Meyer (217) 782-8028 ...................... (630) 717-7141 (DuPage) R

Robert S. Molaro (217) 782-5280 .......................... (773) 838-1212 (Cook) D

Robert Rita (217) 558-1000 ...................... (708) 396-2822 (Cook) D

Angelo Saviano (217) 782-3374 .......................... (708) 453-7547 (Cook) R

Arthur L. Turner (217) 782-8116 ....................... (773) 277-4700 (Cook) D

CCW for Illinois
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Am I to believe that any ground surrendered for the sake of a "compromise" should disuade our adversaries from taking more? I think not. Our rights and the arms we hold are finite, their persistence in taking them away is not. They will "compromise" us right out of the Second Ammendment. Year by year, inch by inch. He is either a liar or incompetent to hold office.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#23]
"You have to give a little to get a little"

Well what the f**k are WE getting from the have our right to magazine capacity given away?

What a fool that man is...Next year they will try to pass another AWB with the mantra taht 'see the people arealy supported a ban on mag capacity, this is only the next logical step..."  What will we "give a little to get a little" that time?
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Well the Antis were thrilled when the CTA shooting of the "student" happened. It was tailor made for their cause, now Daley has Arnie Duncan out there crying (literally) "It's too easy to get guns!"

It wasn't the sociopathic 16 year old banger that pulled the trigger, no, some fucking gun put itself in the hand of this poor cherub, made him point it and pull the trigger, repeatedly. I guess we should ask Arnie if guns are responsible for crime how come schools are full of books and yet 30% of 9th graders (the ones that haven't dropped out) are illiterate???
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well the Antis were thrilled when the CAT shooting of the "student" happened. It was tailor made for their cause, now Daley has Arnie Duncan out there crying (literally) "It's too easy to get guns!"

It wasn't the sociopathic 16 year old banger that pulled the trigger, no, some fucking gun put itself in the hand of this poor cherub, made him point it and pull the trigger, repeatedly. I guess we should ask Arnie if guns are responsible for crime how come schools are full of books and yet 30% of 9th graders (the ones that haven't dropped out) are illiterate???

isn't it amazing how that stuff seams to happen right when legislation is trying to be passed?
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#26]
He probably traded his vote for this for some other (non gun related) legislation.

Look for some new public-works project to be appearing in his district.

Seems like he is a fair weather of the 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 5/15/2007 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#27]

This is a serious situation but it's NOT a done deal yet. It still has to pass through the House. It is possible to stop this. Light up your rep's phone lines and fax lines. We don't have time to bitch and moan about it right now. There will be time for that if and when it passes the House.

It would be nice if some patriotic, freedom loving rep could attach a, oh I don't know, maybe a CCW amendment to this bill or something along those lines. I wonder why our side is so afraid to fight fire with fire.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#28]
So we're supposed to give up some of our God-given rights so they don't take away more of our God-given rights??  Huh?
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#30]
You know, I have a handfull of Hi cap mags for my AR, though I never use them.  The 10 and 20 rounders see the most action.  The only real reason why I have Hi Cap mags are because a generous friend gave me a bunch (Thanks Austin!!)

It's not that I don't want or need them, I just never did get around to buying them...but to not have the option is pissing me off.

There should be no compromise for this action of supporting one ban and not the other...sounds like a presidential candidate that I know...anybody remember John Kerry?  "Yes, I voted for that before I voted against it"

Political BS.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#31]
We have a right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness...unless you live in Illinois.  Then you have the rights compared to what comes out of the south end of a north bound cow.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#32]
He's playing both sides of the field. He made a poor decision.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like he made a bargan instead of fighting the fight he was put in office for.  Yes the Dems have him out numbered... but that doesn't mean that you give up.  History should have taught him that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Okay now that many opinions have been spoken here. And the message is clear. I think asking Mr. Milner to read this thread may be in order. So what do you guy's think? Call him and say "look at this". Could that help us? And Thank You all. Many good points were made. I really wish I had the time to bring to his attention all that was pointed out here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Okay now that many opinions have been spoken here. And the message is clear. I think asking Mr. Milner to read this thread may be in order. So what do you guy's think? Call him and say "look at this". Could that help us? And Thank You all. Many good points were made. I really wish I had the time to bring to his attention all that was pointed out here.

Why don't you start off by asking him why HE is a "chief co-sponsor" of the bill. That certainly goes beyond a mere vote. But, alas, it is too late, as he has already voted on it and it is in the other chamber.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#36]
By the way, Representative Ed Sullivan Jr., a Republican who was endorsed by the NRA last November, and given a B grade, has signed on as Alternate Chief Cosponsor in the House.  Supposedly, he is going to call me to explain why, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#37]
this whole thing smells funny..

you have grade A senators voting for it? i dont get it..

i think we are gettin butt F&@*ed ..

and i really dont like it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
this whole thing smells funny..

you have grade A senators voting for it? i dont get it..

i think we are gettin butt F&@*ed ..

and i really dont like it.

We are most definately "gettin butt F&@*ed".

And I most definately don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Something is wrong if Rep. Sullivan is sponsoring this in the House.  He is almost always against gun control of any type.  I just sent him a letter, before I found out about this late today via an email from ISRA, and will have to contact him by phone also.  

He must either have not read the amendment to the bill, which is what this is, or someone must have talked him into this, promising favors or something.  If we can't count on him to vote against this, we're definately in trouble in the House.

If you call him, be respectful, and ask why he would support a bill like this, given his general support of gun owners in the past.
Link Posted: 5/15/2007 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#40]
He better remember to take precautions with his own AR mags. He did compromise, and he did it so people will stop calling/e-mailing him about the AWB. He obviously thinks they will just give up if the hi-cap ban passes........until the next time the Dems want to pretend to do something for the children for their own benefit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top