Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2008 6:39:26 PM EDT
I have the free web hosting space. Kind of something like the sportsman's coalition but with more support for handguns/carry rights/ebr's.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no clue about the org but seems worthwhile. Tell me more.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It would nice if it had a forum, too. Probably the best thing we can do as CT sportsmen is communicate regularly.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It would nice if it had a forum, too. Probably the best thing we can do as CT sportsmen is communicate regularly.

There is the www.ctguntalk.com exactly for that.

Now about the : Connecticut Citizens Defense Leauge, what exactly did you have in mind?
A properly trained militia? Isn't that illegal to have unless state sactioned?
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been a member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League and I think it's probably the finest grassroots organization I've ever belonged to.  In short, it provides state-specific firearms information as well as 2nd Amendment & RTKBA alerts.

Virginia Citizens Defense League
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My apologies gents. I did not have my email notification turned on.  Rgaper in regards to vcdl it is an awesome organization.

What I was thinking is a way for like minded individuals in CT to have a single source for information and a way to get together and mass notification (email listserv). I have the time and design experience. I am looking for someone who is up to speed with the politics in the state to help me out. This way we can all keep up on bills that may effect us or to keep tabs on canidates during election time, And maybe just maybe push for new legislation. We can hope can't we. The original colonists would be discuscted to see what happened to the 2a rights in most of the north east.

Who's with me?

This post is being brought to you from the old dominion right now as I travel down I81 somewhere near New Market VA.

I've been open carrying since Pennsylvania (secured for maryland of course), tactical issues aside it is a freedom you should all exercise and experience. I can't hardly describe it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone? I'm willing to move forward on this...
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#7]
It actually looks like ctsas.info has been updated. What do you guys would it be duplicating the same thing?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#8]
We already "have" a defense league in the Connecticut Coalition of Sportsmen (CCS)

Bob Crook's website : www.ctsportsmen.com is back up

My own site, http://ctsas.info is also back up - but I have not updated since the microstamping and ammo serialization (ammo ban) bills were stopped in committee
this past March.

The Connecticut Shooters and Sportsmen website I started is intended to be in addition to and not a replacement for Bob Crook's CCS web site. (I launched it because Bob's site was down at the time we needed a functional site for the 2008 spring legislative session)It's main goal is to be a one click shopping center to look up
your reps and senators and serve as a guide to encourage sportsmen to get involved.

My site was down for a while because of some yahoo hosting problems (my original credit card number was stolen and I had to shut the card off. When I input the new replacement cc number - yahoo never processed it, so they took my site down for about a week)

I plan to post some updates to it, soon. A blurb about the Heller decision and more importantly, getting ready for the election season where we need to focus on LOCAL candidates running for state legislative seats as well as the federal election cycle.

Please understand, CTSAS.INFO is not my day job and my wife and I get to it as we can

I think the thread author is thinking the right way, in that he is trying to get shooters to come together, and my advice to him would be - let's not just focus on CCW and "EBRs", but focus on EVERYTHING and anything that involves shooting, hunting, carrying, reloading, collecting and anything else that involves legitimately exercising the Second Amendment.

The LAST thing we want to do as a "group" is to alienate and segment factions of gunowners. We see enough of this at our private clubs already among skeet shooters and pistol shooters and rifle shooters, etc.

Thanks,

Steve

[email protected]

http://ctsas.info
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's also not forget, that you have NRA Volunteer Coordinators, right here in Connecticut!

For example, I am the NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator for Greater New Haven and Waterbury (CT-3rd Congressional District)

There are other coordinators, for: Greater Fairfield, (Dist. 4); Greater Hartford (Dist 1)
Eastern CT (Dist 2) and Northwestern CT (Dist 5)

send an email to me at: [email protected] if you want to get involved!

Contact your NRA EVC, get on my email list (I only send out emails when it's important, I won't fill your mailbox with quotes and newsflashes and forwarded garbage everyday)

Get on Bob's email list - [email protected] - (Bob sends out more email than I do, but most of it's good stuff)

Bob is in Hartford during the legislative season and is a retired Army officer. He's been our chief lobbyist since about 1980 and is pretty much a solo show since Bruce Stern passed away last year.

I work everyday and cannot be in Hartford, but I attend two or three hearings a year and have a good relationship with certain legislators and do what I can.

So, we have an orginaztion, we have websites, we have five statewide coordinators.
All we need are PEOPLE to be involved in some centralized, directed, intelligently focused activity - calling tree list volunteers for legislative proposals, campaign workers, etc and to help with the plan to elect good representatives and influence on the fence representatives where we can to stem the tide of anti gun legislation, advance PRO gun legislation and overall, send the message to the lawmakers in Hartford (and Washington) to stop messing with our rights and start doing something about crime, criminals, etc. ( a good place to start would be the 2,000+ outstanding, unserved warrants for felonies in CT)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top