Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 9/5/2005 12:38:29 PM EDT
I am putting an order in for some TAC-16 .223 supressors and wanted to share the deal:

CAN INFO LINK

And our local dealer at Oregon Reseach Labs is going to be doing the transfers for only $50 plus the crazy low price of XXfor the suppressor!!!!  That's below cost on an already low priced can, and some dealers charge upto $150 for the transfer alone!

If you guys want some more info send me an IM (or email to [email protected]) and I'll give you further details.  The order is going to be placed in 2 weeks so let me know.....just trying to pass on a great deal to you guys for a rock solid and uber cool can.  You'll never find a .223 can this cheap ever.

MAKE SURE YOUR INSTANT MESSAGES ARE ON!  EMAIL ME TO BE SURE!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok slap me and call me donkey.. but, 50 bucks for the transfer???? Don't have to pay a $200 tax?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Class 3 transfers are usually priced higher anyway. $100-$150 is not unheard of.

And yes, there is a $200 NFA one-time tax.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the class 3 dance:

Buy the Supressor.................

When it comes in 2-3 weeks later, get the paper work filled out and send a check for $200 to uncle sam.................wait.............

Uncle sam cashes it 2 weeks later.......................wait..............2 months pass and BAM! Paperwork in the mail.

Take paperwork to dealer who has your pre-paid can sitting in the safe, he transfers the can to you for $50.

Now you can put it on any gun you want..........go have some quite fun!

The thing is most class 3 stuff is not discounted and transfer fee's can be over $100-150.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.. thanks for clearing that up for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a while since I did this ,but does'nt the dance also include $ for photos and more $ to the county sheriff and/or state for fingerprints?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
WS4LIF is close but not quite.

Here's the deal:

(In stock)
You pay for the suppressor.
You take your form 4 and drop it off with the sheriff for signature.
Get 2 fingerprint cards made
Get 2 passport photos and attatch them to the form 4
Send your completed form 4 with photos, fingerprint cards, citizenship form and $200 off to ATF at the address listed on the form
Wait 3-4 months, the DEALER will get the approved form 4 in the mail and call you to get your can.
When you pick up the can you fill out a 4473 and take posession of your new toy.

If not in stock you just add a bit of wait time for the dealer to get a form 3 processed ( takes a couple weeks) then start your paperwork.

One local shop charges $150 for his fees to order a can for you, the next cheapest I've found was $75.   The $50 is probably the LOWEST you'll find someone to do the transfer for.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok slap me and call me donkey.. but, 50 bucks for the transfer???? Don't have to pay a $200 tax?

Your a  

BTW, WS4LIF, make sure you let me know when we have enough people so i can get fund out.

Thanks,
CH
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
MR45,

Thanks for the more detailed version..........and thanks for letting me shot the 45 AR yesturday......it is a very cool rifle...........very cool.

Passport photo's.......I think every one can afford the $5 walmart charges, think of it as one and a half gallons of gas.

Cape, two weeks tops.  Just need a few more peeps.

And RickM....if you have to pay the schrief........then there's some crooked shit going down!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MR45,

Thanks for the more detailed version..........and thanks for letting me shot the 45 AR today......it is a very cool rifle...........very cool.

Passport photo's.......I think every one can afford the $5 walmart charges, think of it as one and a half gallons of gas.

Cape, two weeks tops.  Just need a few more peeps.

And RickM....if you have to pay the schrief........then there's some crooked shit going down!

Actually fees for fingerprinting are pretty common. I had to pay like $5 for mine when I had them done for the BP testing. Biggest thing is to call and make sure you can get in. The SO up here only offer them to the public on certain days.

CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#10]
where do i get in?
i'm gonna have to call one of you guys
--josh
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
where do i get in?
i'm gonna have to call one of you guys
--josh

IM WS4LIF. Its his show. See ya Friday. BTW, which one are you?
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Josh, turn your IM's on............send me an email, at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent you mail.  Can't pass it up at this price.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I sent you mail.  Can't pass it up at this price.

Scary, isn't it? Same thoughts ran through my head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll remember this statement next time we go shooting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe I'll clean my 10/22 before the next shoot.   You'd think one could go 3-4K with suppressor before getting too dirty to shoot.....  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I might be interested.  I was considering a Gemtech suppressor, but they are considerably more expensive.  Anyone know how  the Tac-16 stack up against the GT M4-96D?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I might be interested.  I was considering a Gemtech suppressor, but they are considerably more expensive.  Anyone know how  the Tac-16 stack up against the GT M4-96D?

First drawback, no bilock mounting with this can. I would also bet that the gemtech can is better built. I have only fired the Gemtech can so I cant compare, but will say, $500 including tax is too good of a deal to pass up. I will use this buy to reg a couple sbrs and get the paperwork signed all at once.

CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I believe Gemlocks "quick" system can be added to any can now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]
No doubt about it, this one is one of the "louder" suppressors for 5.56. But, it is built well enough for ful auto and SBR pressures. Of course it's about $200-$300 less than the average of 5.56mm suppressors out there.

Even so, there's a BIG difference in unsupressed and suppressed with these things. They fit the bill.

I am also contemplating an SBR to go along with this. Until then, it'll probably reside on my 20" rifle (at that point a 26" rifle )
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I believe Gemlocks "quick" system can be added to any can now.

I dont thinks so. Witout changing out hte front cap you would have ot extend the can and add some kind of extension.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#23]
TROS told me so!

Gemtech sells the quick detach EXTENSION, which threads on the enterance of the supressor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
TROS told me so!

Gemtech sells the quick detach EXTENSION, which threads on the enterance of the supressor.

uhh...I think that is what I said

TROS is the adaptor kings... I just wonder how it would look with an extention sticking out the rear of the can. I looked on there page and didnt see it listed.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TROS told me so!

TROS is the adaptor kings... I just wonder how it would look with an extention sticking out the rear of the can. I looked on there page and didnt see it listed.
CH

So how much does that cost and can we add that into the group buy.

Damn it WS4LIF and C_H you two are going to put my in the poor house.

WS4LIF Please do not close this out with out a yes or no or yes, or yes from me please.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TROS told me so!

CH

So how much does that cost and can we add that into the group buy.

Damn it WS4LIF and C_H you two are going to put my in the poor house.

WS4LIF Please do not close this out with out a yes or no or yes, or yes from me please.

Doubt it. Based on WS4LIFs comment I bet you have order that conversion from gemtech. I will send them an email and ask. It would be way cool if you could get a replacment end cap and just swap it out.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Ilike9's........I got ya, when do you think I'll get an answer?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link to a thread on the TAC 16:
Click Here

The conclusion seems to be that it's a decent can for the money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, as for money time line, next week start sending the dough.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

[/cartman]Shweeeet[/cartman]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I wish this was going on about 4 months ago

I'm about 110 or so days pending on a triple X.  

Be prepared to wait awhile guys.

For any of you in Clackamas county....  
Sheriff Roberts WILL sign your forms no problemo.   The first one took about 2 weeks to get back but the last 2 only took a day or so.   Drop the form 4 off at the PTSC building with Deputy Schrepfer (sp?) she will get them signed for you.  

For Multnomah county:

Sheriff Guisto will sign the forms but not enthusiastically

Also a personal endorsement for Pat ( the SOT making this all possible)   I WILL be using Pat for all future NFA stuff and any FFL orders.   Great guy and he deserves your business.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Any Washington County info?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Any Washington County info?

Never heard anything one way or the other about Washington county.   I'd give them a call and ask.    Maybe we should tack a thread about who will/wont sign in OR for the hometown forum?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I had no problems getting a form 4 signed about a year ago by Washington County.  Call to make an appt.  They will run a background check.  Show up for appt.  Get fingerprinted if you need to, and have the Sheriff's designated person sign the form for you.  It was very easy and hassle free.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Let us know payment details when you get them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#36]
What's your current count of confirmed buyers vs the order placed?    I may have a friend interested in buying one ( cannot commit anything without hearing back from him tho!)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#37]
I sure wish you could register these as multi caliber cans.
CH
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
CH

You can put it on anything you like.    If you have to bore the can you just need to notify ATF ( I think anyhow)

My triple X is supposed to be okay for up to .308, even though the can says .223 for caliber.   I will put it on a .270 and .308 as well as a contender with 30-30 barrel.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Mr45......

We are ording the cans after we get confirmed buyers.

We have 8-9 buyers right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I've read most of what's been put up here regarding the Tac-16 but still aren't sure on this one question.  Can you use it on an AR with a .22LR kit?  I'm guessing yes but something I read made me question it...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes you can use it on an AR or whatever you want that shoots a .22 LR. It is my guess that these might be just a touch louder than a dedicated .22LR can because the drilled diameter is a bit bigger. But, the overall length is longer so it might be a wash. A .223/5.56 can is much heavier than a dedicated .22LR can is. I wouldn't suggest hanging this on the end of a P-22, but it would work.

I am interested if this can will hold up to a 22-250 bolt gun. It looks pretty sturdy and is rated for full-auto 5.56. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Nox
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I am interested if this can will hold up to a 22-250 bolt gun. It looks pretty sturdy and is rated for full-auto 5.56. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi?noframes;read=397737

The M4 series suppressors (M4-96D, M4-02, and HALO) were specifically designed around the 5.56mm NATO cartridge (.223). They were engineered for the pressures and gas volume of this cartridge and similar ones, such as the .222.

The .22-250 and .220 Swift have significantly more case capacity and gas volume to deal with. While some users have used these suppressors on the larger cartridges, such use is beyond the design parameters of the suppressor. Use with .22 centerfire ammunition larger than .223 will definitely void the warranty, and the user will be responsible for all damage resulting from such use.

For users that wish to use a suppressor on the larger .22 centerfire cartridges, we suggest our TPR-S suppressor, which is designed for case capacities in the .308 or .30-06 range. The .22-250 and .220 Swift fall in this range.

Please remember that larger case capacities are associated with more powder, which results in significantly larger volumes of gas that the suppressor has to handle.

In other words, contact the manufacturer to see if the can will handle the extra pressure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Just so every one is clear, there is a $15 shipping fee.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Does anyone have any good on-line resources for the legal aspects of class 3 toys?  What happens if I move to another state?  What happens if I want to visit another state with my toys?  What if I'm just traveling trough another state where class 3 is banned?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any good on-line resources for the legal aspects of class 3 toys?  What happens if I move to another state?  What happens if I want to visit another state with my toys?  What if I'm just traveling trough another state where class 3 is banned?

To move to another state or visit another Class III friendly state with your Class III toys requires a Form 5320.20.

To move through a Class III non-friendly state you should be protected by the 1986 FOPA. When I moved to Oregon from Arizona a couple years ago I called the Kalifornia AG’s office, they said it was a sin to take Class III weapons through their state. I know this is BS, but the last thing I wanted was to get in trouble in KA with some dip-shit law enforcement; I just paid a few extra bucks to ship the stuff. Part of playing the Class III game I guess.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CH

You can put it on anything you like.    If you have to bore the can you just need to notify ATF ( I think anyhow)

My triple X is supposed to be okay for up to .308, even though the can says .223 for caliber.   I will put it on a .270 and .308 as well as a contender with 30-30 barrel.

Interesting. My question would be that if the can is able to be taken down, with threaded endcaps, and you reg it in several cals, say, .223, .308, 9mm and 45, could you just switch out the caps nad baffles? I mean the tubes is the part that is registered, not the baffles. Would like to see the ATFs take on this issue.

Off to investigate.
CH
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I mean the tubes is the part that is registered, not the baffles. Would like to see the ATFs take on this issue.

CH

Nope, you cannot posess any spare baffles unless you're a maufacturer.    I never heard anything about endcaps but baffles are a definite no go.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I mean the tubes is the part that is registered, not the baffles. Would like to see the ATFs take on this issue.

CH

Nope, you cannot posess any spare baffles unless you're a maufacturer.    I never heard anything about endcaps but baffles are a definite no go.  

You right, I remember sombody telling me that. Just slipped my mind.

I should have bought those $25 dollar tubes a couple shows ago

CH
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#49]
FYI Guy's
I ordered a DEMO can from Craig Last week.  He said his form 3's were only taking 10-14 day's, so I should have it very shortly.

Once I receive it, I will POST detailed pictures, and test results.

While you guys are waiting for your FORM 4's to come back, you are welcome to come out to my shop and shoot your can.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
(email works BEST to contact me [email protected])

Pat  href=Oregon Research Labs, LLC
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Pat,
It might be kinda cool to have you demo the can for some of the "on the fence types" .

Nox
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top