BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/7/2007 6:07:01 PM EDT

Welcome to the OFFICIAL OR HTF (Oregon Hometown Forum) shoot "roll call"

OVERLORD NOX has blessed this thread!!
This is to see who will be in attendance for the group shoot on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2007, at the Memaloose rock pit.   It should also be a helpful means to get a rough head count and menu going for a BBQ

If you've never attended one of these shoots before, there will usually be a break from the shooting for lunch lasting about an hour or whatever.  Perfect time to get your grub on.
SO, If you're going to the shoot and/or you want to get up on the BBQ please respond in this thread, even it is your 1st post.
There is no obligation to participate in this BBQ by attending the shoot.   --But you can be part of the cool crowd, AND you won't have to starve!

If you would like to join in a potluck style BBQ, simply post that you are going to the shoot and what you would like to bring for the grub, or list what you have available for use.  If you cant cook, you may have a loving wife that can hook you up.  If you dont have a wife, or have one that cant cook, I feel bad for you. However, There are things on the list that dont need to be preparded.

Joining in will make lunch more social. Youll get an added bonus of 110% more gun talk BS while standing around a hot grill.
It should be easy to you to get ready for. You should only have to bring a minimum of one thing(s) to share yet, You'll be able to reap the full benefit of a community coming together.

Below is a basic list for a lunch-time BBQ.  It is not limited to this.  I know a lot of us have talked about a dish that we like, or have some great recipes, by all means bring them on out!   I'm sure we'd love to try it.  

More than one person bringing items will work well too, more meat, more party!   For things like the meat, let me know what you guys think. People can pitch in some a few bux, or hopefully have quite a few people bring smaller portions. It would help keep the cost down on more expensive items especialy the lamb and caviar.

So join up and bring something on the list or whatever, state what you would be able to bring like the grill, condiments, or wife to cook for us.  We will need a big table or a few small ones.  I have a buddy on here that has an extra canopy im sure hell spare to cover the area, etc... etc.... stuff for some good eatin'.

Hard Stuff
Canopy-    NadafForumDork, WaterPoloDon (if weather looks bad)
Camp stove(s)- NadaForumDorkAss
Tables-     NadafForumDork, WaterPoloDon
(4) BBQ-  Acrylics, Syphonius, Tracker, Camo Ken
Plates and Cutlery -    BurntPockethole, Tracker, jws74
Trailer for garbage-   artbyaccident
Garbage Bags- 1VB-Mustang
Firewood-   1VB-Mustang

Cookins
Brats & buns- Fistybum, Spambo
Burgers & Buns- Acrylics, Camo Ken
Hamburgers & Hotdogs- Keesh
Yardbird/fufu or fish & buns- BurntPocketHole
BBQ/Curry chicken- Coctailer
Spicy Wings- MOA_MASTER
Meat- TriumphRider
Animal Flesh- cackman

Toppins

Sauces- Ncoday
Cheese & condiments- Acrylics

Sides
Pasta Salad- MOA_MASTER, NadaForumDork,
Killer Yellow Rice & Beans, Meatballs- Tracker
Potato/Macaroni salad- TriumphRider
Potato Chips- WaterPoloDon
Chips and Salsa- artbyaccident
20-30 Phillippine eggrolls- PRIDUBI

Desserts

Lemon Bars- M60
Fruit Pie(s)- Triumph Rider
Cheese Cake- Sortafast

Beverages
Cackman
1VB-Mustang
Keesh
jws74
WaterPoloDon
Syphonius
Acrylics
Camo Ken

Please IM me or Post in this thread to sign up, and with any ideas, questions, comments, or snide remarks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang, im supposed to be at a big party the 15th......Hopefully I can make it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I really want to come, but at this point I have no idea if I will be able to make it or not.
If I do come, I probably won't be able to bring food, but I don't have any problem chipping in a few bucks to help with the costs.
I am also more than willing to man a BBQ if needed.

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I overlooking the location or is it not mentioned?
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link to Original Shoot &  Poll Thread

MAP TO THE SPOT IS ABOVE!!!

Its about 45+ min East of Portland on Hi-way 224 East.

Sept 16, 2007
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Link to Original Shoot &  Poll Thread

Map will be up soon, Its 45+ min East of Portland on Hi-way 224 East. Sept 16th

I know where that is. Not too far from my place.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there, Put me down for some brats and buns!
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll be there, Put me down for some brats and buns!

thats MA BOY!!  

Im personally, down for whatever is needed

You net folks dont tell anyone, but I'm stealing a buncha plastic forks from work, all the way up until the shoot.

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
A sign posted at the spot a week before that reads; "No Camping, 15-16 September, 2007"

Why anyone would want to camp there is way, way beyond me but I've seen it done and it's made a few of us here have to move up to the next spot (not as wide or deep).
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A sign posted at the spot a week before that reads; "No Camping, 15-16 September, 2007"

Why anyone would want to camp there is way, way beyond me but I've seen it done and it's made a few of us here have to move up to the next spot (not as wide or deep).

You guys camp up there?  crazy talk!! although MOA_MASTER and I were up there were shooting Mem. about two weeks ago, there were people camping right beyone the pit, NOW THATS CRAZY TALK!!!!  Some girl was talking on her cell phone an walking across the upper ridge at the back of memaloose pit!  

...I F'n missed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I can try to be there, no gaurantees.  But I will 2 cheese cakes for dessert, cut into 16ths that would give 32 pieces.  Can make more if need be.  If I cant make it, I can get them on to someone else to take (that can be trusted).  Can also make various other foods and what not if there be a need.  Good food makes good times even better.

One other thing that might not be a bad thing to have is some water to wash the hands.  Ketchup and GSR mixed with break free don't make for good eats.

ETA the wife might be coming as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

how long would that target stay up??
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll plan on attending.  Don't know what I'll bring.

Oh, and I doubt there will be many "chicky snacks" as these shoots are usually a sausage-fest...
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I own two canopys, and could possible get a third.

I can also bring a couple 6 foot tables, and an 8 footer too if needed.

Oh and I would be willing to bring some kind of pasta salad too.

------->nFd
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#15]
this is going to be the best shoot of the year at memaloose for me. LOTS of new faces and a bunch of good food.  i think i will have to stock up on ammo.  even for the guns i dont own,  there will be lots of toys out there that i will want to try..... i cant wait  i will make up some spicy chicken tenders and my woman just got a new recipe for a pasta salad.  We will need more then one BBQ and who is bringing charcoal?  WE  GONA  NEED  LOTS
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
||

img263.imageshack.us/img263/6663/memaloosedirections3ehwq4.jpg

that's not the Memaloose state park I know.
the actual Memaloose state park

if it's all the way over there, there's no way I'm gonna make it.
oh well
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll bring a bbq, was gonna bring charcoal but may pony up for a decent propane unit, not sure yet (I've been wanting one anyway) and hot coals in a dry and perhaps windy area could be bad news.  I'll also bring a few lbs of burgers, cheese, buns, and other asst'd condiments as well as a bunch o' water and anything else I can think of.  I'll let BPH get the lamb & caviar, I do like to eat well

I don't have a table so if anyone has an extra, would be cool.  I'll bring as much as I can of other stuff (chairs, etc) provided it dosn't get in the way of guns & ammo.

For head count purposes there will be 2 of us, maybe my Wife as well if'n she wants.

BTW, thanks to Overlord Nox & BPH for hooking setting this thing up.

J
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like a good time.  I might have to look into traveling north for this fest.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Planing on being there.

Got cheap propane and can bring food too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]
i'll be there. Not sure what I'll bring food wise. Maybe chicken. I marinade it in a killer BBQ/Curry sauce.

Hoping to have a couple dealer samples for you guys to sample.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I can bring a charcoal grill and charcoal to feed it.  The propane grill is too big to move.

ETA: Heck, I'll toss in a cooler of iced down soda and water.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll show up.........but only to complain.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

you can show up but one roll of duct tape must be applied to your mouth before arrival.  AND dont eat all the bacon tomato.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you can show up but one roll of duct tape must be applied to your mouth before arrival.  AND dont eat all the bacon tomato.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll have to cook your own burgers too...
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll have to cook your own burgers too...

But then I'll be yelling at myself...and a gun shoot is the last place you want to look like a crazy person.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll definitely be there! That day is my birthday - 30th

I bring some sauces & beverages and my guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Ya'll better feed me if ya want to see the picts...

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Just kiddin'.  I'll bring something along.  I don't know what yet...  I'll post it here when I figure it out.

Mark.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I updated the first post and started a list towards the bottom of it.  I was going to ditch this pic, but DAMN it looks so good.  soo... a little page 2 motivation.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I will be there, and my wife says she would come out (for the first time) only if she could cook some good food for all of you.  She loves to cook for others!

She makes some killer yellow rice & beans, meatballs, and whatever I can think of that is easy to heat & serve.  My wife is Puerto Rican & Italian which is a great combo for the belly!  Hell if you want Lasagna we can do that as well.  

We will bring some plates & cutlery as well.

We have a portable BBQ that we we will bring.

We would also bring a 32 oz bottle of Tapatio hot sauce to wash it all down!

Now that's living!
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

After what you did to me I think you can keep your pics.  

Where's my damn t-shirt?

Hey BPH, you missed my post on page 1.  A grill if needed (since it's charcoal) and a cooler of drinks.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's my damn t-shirt?

Hey BPH, you missed my post on page 1.  A grill if needed (since it's charcoal) and a cooler of drinks.

DUDE!  I totally forgot!  Sorry!

I'll have it at work tomorrow and give ya a call.

ETA:  The winning pic!

Mark.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's my damn t-shirt?

DUDE!  I totally forgot!  Sorry!

I'll have it at work tomorrow and give ya a call.

ETA:  The winning pic!

www.m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/124732458-L.jpg

Mark.

Yup, i think that Syph pic. is the winner from the last shoot.  

Ill update the list tomorrow.  ....hahahha, forever laughing about that pic

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Bastitch

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got a big camping table, and if the weather looks bad I'll bring a canopy too.

Count me in for a cooler of iced down soda, and a couple of bags of potato chips.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll be there. But only to cause trouble.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd like to go AND I have that day off, too.  I am willing to bring paper products - plates, napkins, handiwipes, etc.  

I know that it is heresy, but I don't own a cooler.  I could also bring a couple 12 packs of non-alcoholic beverages.

(At this point in time I'm 99.5% sure I'll be able to go -- there are a couple of personal issues that may preclude it however).
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'd like to go AND I have that day off, too.  I am willing to bring paper products - plates, napkins, handiwipes, etc.  

I know that it is heresy, but I don't own a cooler.  I could also bring a couple 12 packs of Coors Light.

(At this point in time I'm 99.5% sure I'll be able to go -- there are a couple of personal issues that may preclude it however).

Thats better.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I know that it is heresy, but I don't own a cooler.  I could also bring a couple 12 packs of non-alcoholic beverages.

There will be plenty of room in coolers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Noob here  I can bring soda, hamburgers, hot dogs, whatever.  I'd like to meet some of you guys!
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They would be worried if you didn't..................

As it should be.

Oh and the first person to suggest name tags gets a punch to the koch!
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As it should be.

www.monkeyview.net/id/1953/default/cockpunch.jpg

What if Pat brings Pepsi?
NoHair
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#46]
List is updated again, check it out.  I can already smell the food

welcome jws74, and keesh.  It will be good to have ya on board!!  These shoots are a lot of fun!  

NOX, gonna bring the wasabi peas???

Rotor?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As it should be.

www.monkeyview.net/id/1953/default/cockpunch.jpg

So says the guy with "CAPE HUNTER" embroidery on his shirt!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I and my family will be there.  I'm sure I can talk the wifey into making a fruit pie or two for desert.  Can also bring some meat and salad (potato or macaroni?).  

Is Memaloose similar to Brown's Camp as far as targets are concerned, i.e., anything goes?  

R/L

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I and my family will be there.  I'm sure I can talk the wifey into making a fruit pie or two for desert.  Can also bring some meat and salad (potato or macaroni?).  

Is Memaloose similar to Brown's Camp as far as targets are concerned, i.e., anything goes?  

R/L

basically.  Informal rock pit shooting without the dirtbikes and quads. much wider firing line.

WS4LIF gettin gangsta, and a view to the left side

partial pic, taken in from the road at least 50 meters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#50]
BPH

Are we going to turn this in to a weekend??

Maybe we should head up there saturday to hold down the spot. Spend the night with a nice big fire and some drinks.        And then our ladys can head out to meet up sunday???

whats your thoughts?    

IM's, phone calls, and txt's are acceptable

--------->nFd
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top