Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:23:30 PM EDT
Mike mentioned it in a post below, but the Governor has approved NFA firearms ownership in Kansas!  She also signed the emergency powers bill which prohibits confiscation of citizens firearms in emergency situations such as the Greensburg, Kansas tornado disaster last year.  Now if the Supreme Court gives full support of the second amendment as written, we'll be feeling a little more secure about our firearms rights.

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Kansas
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
And your contact info is.......
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgive me, what exactly does that mean NFA?  

Does that mean we can apply for class III weapons?
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Forgive me, what exactly does that mean NFA?  

Does that mean we can apply for class III weapons?

Yes, this means that individuals can legally own these items in KS
SBR short bbl rifle
SBS short bbl shotgun
AOW any other weapon
DD destructive device
Suppressors
Full auto

NFA is short for National Firearms Act which is the act that went into effect in 1934 to make these types of weapons and devices restricted, and or highly regulated.

NFA = class 3, actually known as title II weapons.
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Dave can you email me your contact info.  thank you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]

This is a cut-&-paste from my email I received from the NRA-ILA this morning.

Kansas Governor Signs Two Pro-Gun Bills into Law!

Please Thank the Governor Today!

Today, Monday, April 21, Governor Kathleen Sebelius (D) signed two important pro-gun bills into law.

The first, House Bill 2280, will protect law-abiding gun owners’ right to bear arms, and would prevent the confiscation of firearms during a state of emergency, such as occurred following Hurricane Katrina and after the tornado devastation in Greensburg.  

Also signed was Senate Bill 46, legislation that will allow Kansas firearm retailers, manufacturers, importers and citizens qualified under the National Firearms Act to sell, manufacture, import and own NFA firearms.

Special thanks to State Representatives Candy Ruff (D-40), Richard Carlson (R-61), Dennis McKinney (D-116), Mike Burgess (R-51), Arlen Siegfreid (R-15), Majority Leader Ray Merrick (R-27), State Senators Phil Journey (R-26), Terry Bruce (R-34), and Dennis Wilson (R-37) for their individual efforts to get these important bills enacted.

Please contact the Governor TODAY and thank her for signing HB2280 and SB46.  Governor Sebelius can be reached by phone at 1-877-579-6757 or locally at 785-296-3232.  You can also email her by clicking here.

www.NRAILA.org

Link Posted: 4/22/2008 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
SBR's have always been legal in Kansas.

Other than that, thank god we are now free to have the rest of the goodies
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
so, what do we have to do to get silencers and all other goodies?  Do we contact our ATF or local gunshop?  Since she signed on monday, does that mean its active right away?  
nevermind... already found answer from another topic
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
You will have to purchase these NFA items through an FFL who has the SOT classification and is located in Kansas.  I spoke to the ATF and was told July 1, 2008 will be the soonest that they will accept the paperwork for NFA transfers.

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Ks
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats guys!!

Now, everyone go buy suppressors to celebrate!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top