Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2023 11:56:14 AM EDT
Summer trip for hockey, what’s to do around there? I have a week of free time and plan on taking our bicycles.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Come shoot with some locals.

Shopping in Kittery or Freeport. Hiking / boating / fishing any number of places. Seacoast tourism crap all the way up the seaboard. The Old Port in Portland has become a foodie haven.

What kinds of things are you into?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife is coming along so I think some shopping will be done.
We enjoy biking and kayaking the most.  Are any lakes better then others for kayaking?  I like a locals perspective on things to see or do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It's only a hop, skip and a jump to Portland/Westbrook, if women-type shopping and fancy food are amongst your goals. My daughter lived in Gorham for a few years. I have to be forced to venture south of Waterville these days, so haven't been down that way for a number of years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Rent some ocean kayaks and go out on the big water for a different experience. Otherwise it's like everywhere else, I'd imagine. Big lakes are great for views, freedom, scenery, etc, but if the day is windy, it's going to be worse on a big lake than a small pond.

There's supposed to be some awesome mountain biking in Gorham, but I can't remember where. There are some Maine MTB facebook pages (maybe 207mtb I think it's called) and they can probably offer some suggestions on biking.
Top Top