Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2023 2:14:30 PM EDT
Hope everyone here isn’t getting tired of me already with all of the RI questions. I am looking into membership at the Narragansett Gun Club but you must have a current member sponsor you. By chance is anyone a member there, or have recommendations of other ranges? I am primarily interested in their Sunday tactical shoots/training.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#1]
I believe Anthony the owner of Ocean State Armory is a member there, you may want to reach out to him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about Narragansett but a lot of the clubs that require a member sponsor don't actually expect you to know anyone in advance. They usually just tell you to come to their membership meeting and introduce yourself as a prospective member then someone will most likely officially sponsor you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks gents. Seems like that may be the case after reaching out to them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Prov is right.  I think if you explain you're new to the area someone will sponsor you on the spot. Although they might question your sanity for moving here....
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Thanks gents. Seems like that may be the case after reaching out to them.
View Quote

Current new-member there. Per bylaws, I have to be a member for 6 months to sponsor someone. The 6 month mark will be April for me, so if you dont have anyone by then, ill do it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Really appreciate that. I talked to John out there. He essentially said swing by to fill out some paperwork. I just unfortunately hadn't had the chance to, got sick for a week, but will hopefully be able to do so in the next week.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Gents, anywhere in RI that has longer range, preferably steel targets? Been going to Narragansett for a couple months which has been great but looking to do a little distance shooting and the furthest they have is 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
South county, ma vile, and the one is westerly have a 300. Wallum Lake, highland, wincheck have 200 yard ranges.

Wallum lake has 3 gun events in thier pistol pit area.

Highland has steel at 50 and 100.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#9]
Tiverton Rod and Gun Club has a 200 yd outdoor range, and their indoor range IIRC is rated OK for most rifles, but it is pistol length range.

Virtual Tour
Top Top