Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2023 6:48:33 PM EDT
Not sure how many folks are aware the AG’s office (through the FRB) has begun publishing all of the FFL dealer transactions (2004-2022) and personal transaction (2006-2021)  DETAILS.  Based on the timing of this never-before-now published info, it was likely done under the previous AG – yes, yes, our favorite (so far).  They originally posted only 2006-2021 info, but seem to have updated the FFL data file in the last week.  I suspect personal transfer data will follow.

The downloadable Excel documents contain ALL buyer/firearm data - except name/address but including a unique "Buyer ID" – and include town, zip code, buyer gender, make, model, and serial number among other data.  For FFL sales/transfers it also includes the FFL name, FFL number, and their State License number.

I note the following:
1.First published between 12.15.22 and 1.15.22 (roughly, according to Comm2A)
2.It’s a clear violation of public trust and reason enough to get rid of MA’s gun registry
3.It is a violation of MGL (Part 1, Title X. Chapter 66, Section 10B) in code and spirit.
4.For all you FFls out their: All individual firearms taken in by dealers (for example, consignments) are reflected as personal transfers.  Looks like to have WAY more guns than you actually do – even if you!

Comm2A is on this (see their FB page) and for what it’s worth I’ve sent something to GOA, FPC, and my Representative/Senator as well as a couple of other ones I know.  It can’t hurt to engage your own Representatives and Senators on this as well.

Top Top