Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2023 9:54:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14]
Since Boy Scouts are no longer boys, what is the best non-woke option to learn all the skills?

To clarify, I need this for a boy and for a girl; my issue is not gender but teaching fiction over fact to appease ephemeral nonsense. Hopefully, an APC-esque organization will prioritize fact.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
There has been discussion on this matter.

My son participated in enough hikes to get a rating, and did the boat and rappelling courses. The rappelling was a bit much for his courage at the time, but he liked the boat course enough to want to do it a second time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

My son participated in enough hikes to get a rating, and did the boat and rappelling courses. The rappelling was a bit much for his courage at the time, but he liked the boat course enough to want to do it a second time.
View Quote

Thanks.

Follow-up - did his participation teach skills or just test skills?
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ben:

We typically teach. Testing is usually at competitions or scheduled separately from training.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ben:
Originally Posted By sendit14:
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

Thanks.

Follow-up - did his participation teach skills or just test skills?

We typically teach. Testing is usually at competitions or scheduled separately from training.

Thanks.
Top Top